John Kerry on Rush Limbaugh’s Comments on Israel

Dr Grump said:
You are comparing apples and oranges. Maybe Clinton was a draft dodger, maybe he wasn't, and maybe he didn't inhale (although anybody who DOES believe that is an idiot IMO). We are talking about two people who ran for president and their military records. Nothing hypocritical about that. Fact is, Clinton never served so the point is moot.

As for the people who called Kerry a fraud, neary one of them was credible (IMO)...

Yeah of course, the people who actually served with him and saw him in action cant possibly be credible.

08 is going to be such a joy to watch.

Who do libs have that actually stand a chance of being elected President? Remember he/she has to win the Electoral College and with the South being a solid block of red it is going to be very difficult.

As with this years mid term, I will sit back and listen to the excuses, rantings of how the election was stolen, and how millions of poor voters were not permitted to vote.

The libs will whine and cry how the right ring media did not permit the message of the Dems to get out.

Dr Grump said:
You are comparing apples and oranges. Maybe Clinton was a draft dodger, maybe he wasn't, and maybe he didn't inhale (although anybody who DOES believe that is an idiot IMO). We are talking about two people who ran for president and their military records. Nothing hypocritical about that. Fact is, Clinton never served so the point is moot.

As for the people who called Kerry a fraud, neary one of them was credible (IMO)...

Sure you don't want to rethink this one? If we can talk about two people who ran for President and their military records, why draw an arbitrary line there? Adding one more is completely relevant, even if it's to state that he has no military record.

One of you lefties screwed the pooch on this one. This was an A-B, Limbaugh-Kerry topic. But the mere mention of Kerry's questionable record elicits no defense of his record; rather, an attack on Bush each and every time.

You don't get to pick and choose the natural progression of the argument to suit your politics.

Just to clarify MY standpoint, IMO, military service is not a prerequisite to the Presidency. It's a nice to have.

Kerry, not Bush, made the last election about his war record thinking it would get him over with at least some of the vets and the military.

I did not vote for Bush because of Kerry's political record, nor because of Bush's military record. I did not and would not have voted for Kerry because of his just a little too far left, Kennedy-esque political record, and his willingness to switch sides on an issue depending on how the wind was blowing.

And just to keep it real, and relevant, I'm not a Rush Limbaugh fan. I think I might hear what he has to say about 3 times a year, by chance each time. Be that as it may, on the National MSM stage, not an internet message board, a sensationalist radio personality elicited a response from a US Senator and former Dem Presidential candidate.

Based on that, round goes to Rush.

Dr Grump said:

I'll address this separately. It's bull, plain and simple, and IS hypocritical. To claim Kerry's word is somehow more valid than the people who served with him is just about as hypocritical as it gets. And I will reiterate my opinion from a military perspective so you don't have to go back and look:

Either Kerry was derelict in his duties as a US Naval officer for failing to IMMEDIATELY report any and all violations of the laws of war, UCMJ, Geneva Convention, or he lied through his teeth about the men he served with in an attempt at political gain.

The man was in theater for four months, got wounded three times, and apparently saw nothing but crimes being committed for that whole four months. Yet he never participated? As a military person, I find that hard to believe. People assigned to military units do not operate on an individual basis when engaged in combat at the unit level.

Just another thing from a military point of view .... had some knucklehead I served with in Desert Storm come back and few years later and falsely accused myself and the rest of the unit of committing war crimes as a stepping stone to a political career, I could see being REAL pissed, and I could see doing any-and-everything possible to discredit the bullshit. Kerry accused honorable men on the National stage, with no evidence to prove the contrary, of being dishonorable in their actions.

Can't even imagine why the Swifties went after him as they did.

Dr Grump said:
They didn't serve on teh boat with him...funny that those who DID serve on the boat with him AND saw his actions don't agree with them...

did he meet with the NV, in paris, in uniform?

did he shoot an unarmed kid in the back?

both on video he made?

GunnyL said:
I'll address this separately. It's bull, plain and simple, and IS hypocritical. To claim Kerry's word is somehow more valid than the people who served with him is just about as hypocritical as it gets. And I will reiterate my opinion from a military perspective so you don't have to go back and look:

Either Kerry was derelict in his duties as a US Naval officer for failing to IMMEDIATELY report any and all violations of the laws of war, UCMJ, Geneva Convention, or he lied through his teeth about the men he served with in an attempt at political gain.

The man was in theater for four months, got wounded three times, and apparently saw nothing but crimes being committed for that whole four months. Yet he never participated? As a military person, I find that hard to believe. People assigned to military units do not operate on an individual basis when engaged in combat at the unit level.

Just another thing from a military point of view .... had some knucklehead I served with in Desert Storm come back and few years later and falsely accused myself and the rest of the unit of committing war crimes as a stepping stone to a political career, I could see being REAL pissed, and I could see doing any-and-everything possible to discredit the bullshit. Kerry accused honorable men on the National stage, with no evidence to prove the contrary, of being dishonorable in their actions.

Can't even imagine why the Swifties went after him as they did.

He should have reported it immediately, on that I agree. And that last sentence, to a degree, supports my opinion. The Swifties went after him not because of his actions in Viet Nam but because he dissed them, which is why I give their version of events very little credibility. I can see why they did it BTW, but that doesn't mean they were right.

Dr Grump said:
Really? Have you seen the video?

are you saying he did not meet with the NV in paris?

are you saying he did not shoot that kid?

how about the video where he testifies in front of congress saying that he personally witnessed war crimes?

and yes i have seen all three videos

manu1959 said:
are you saying he did not meet with the NV in paris?

are you saying he did not shoot that kid?

how about the video where he testifies in front of congress saying that he personally witnessed war crimes?

and yes i have seen all three videos

I have seen the video of him testifying in front of congress. As for the "shooting the kid" video, would that be the reenactment video?

And even if he did meet with the NV in Paris, so what?

Dr Grump said:
I have seen the video of him testifying in front of congress. As for the "shooting the kid" video, would that be the reenactment video?

So what? try treason?

John "I served in Viet Nam" Kerry shot a fleeing kid in the back. What courage!

Abbey Normal said:
Stephanie, I never heard Kerry called Lurch before. Perfect!

:rotflmao:

Yea, somewhat of an insult to Lurch though......You could call him Mr. Ed but really, Mr. Ed always had much more intelligent comebacks Than Mr. Kerry-Heinz ever could.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

red states rule said:
So what? try treason?

John "I served in Viet Nam" Kerry shot a fleeing kid in the back. What courage!

He also had rice impacted in his ass when he skillfully blew up a storage area full of it. He hit himself in the back as he ran away.:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

sitarro said:
Yea, somewhat of an insult to Lurch though......You could call him Mr. Ed but really, Mr. Ed always had much more intelligent comebacks Than Mr. Kerry-Heinz ever could.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought it was interesting that as soon as Kerry lost the election, Mrs. Kerry insisted that she now be introduced as just Teresa Heinz, dropping the hyphenated "Kerry". I'm curious to see if she re-adopts his name when he runs again.

It remined me a bit of how Hillary was happy to be called Mrs. Clinton while Billy ran for President. But as soon as he was elected, we were told that she is to be referred to as Hillary Rodham Clinton, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

Dr Grump said:
He should have reported it immediately, on that I agree. And that last sentence, to a degree, supports my opinion. The Swifties went after him not because of his actions in Viet Nam but because he dissed them, which is why I give their version of events very little credibility. I can see why they did it BTW, but that doesn't mean they were right.

You don't give their version of events credibility because they choose to defend themselves against lies? I doubt YOU would sit around and let some knucklehead run around making a name for himself at the expense of your personal integrity and morality.

Dr Grump said:

I'm not going to judge Kerry for shooting a running combatant in the back during a firefight. The fact that he was unarmed and fleeing was determined after the fact.

However, meeting with the enemy of our Nation during a time of war in a sympathetic manner is treason.

sitarro said:
He also had rice impacted in his ass when he skillfully blew up a storage area full of it. He hit himself in the back as he ran away.:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Yeah, then there's the Purple Heart he got for bagging a rock that ricocheted back on him.:laugh:

Forum List

Back