John Kasich says the GOP made a mistake vowing to repeal Obamacare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before responding, please read the fucking article. He said that it was "stupid" to promise to "repeal Obama-care" because Obama is President and the Republicans knew that they would never have enough votes to override a Presidential veto. They have voted several times to repeal it, but to no avail. Thus it was "stupid" to make that promise.

He is not saying that Obama-care is a good law, or that it shouldn't be repealed or replaced, only that it was stupid to promise something that was politically impossible.

As for Ohio, he made the pragmatic decision to accept Federal money, even though it could cost Ohio taxpayers a lot of money in the future. EVERY politician thinks short-term; nothing unusual or blame-worthy there. The problem is - like with Mitt Romney during the last cycle - if Kasich would be the nominee, he has forfeited any ability to bring up the evils of Obama-care during the campaign.

I like Kasich, but he is hurting the party by remaining in the race. If he would get out, Ted Cruz would run the table (except for fucking NY), leading to a brokered convention. Which is what all Republicans want.

Pretty much why he's the low man on the totem pole.

You call it a Totem Pole. I call it a Jesters Pole

31620.jpg
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

One reason why the Republicans have been slow to come up with their own health care plan is BECAUSE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS NO CONSTITUTIONAL POWER TO GET INVOLVED IN HEALTH CARE!

It's like the reason why I don't have a viable plan to re-landscape my neighbor's yard. IT'S NOT MY YARD/JOB!

This simple concept is totally beyond the comprehension of most democrats.

You know, every President from, at least Dwight, has contemplated coming up with some national health care program. Obama did it and it calls you RW nuts. I predict that in a few years, you will be trying to take credit for it. Changing history is your game...

General Welfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back