John Kasich and LeBron James

It's more the way he did it. Along with Reggie Miller, I thought he would announce last night he was going back to Cleveland, in spite of the reports. Like Reggie Miller said, no one would arrange such an event if they weren't returning home. In other words, no one would do something so despicable.

It was clearly built up that way. He probably should of just held a press conference and been like "Yup, going to Miami." I thought the Majority Owner letter of the Cavs as a reaction was even worse though. I thought it was fake when I first read it.

I was proud of the owner because he didn't use a corporatist lifeless response we so often here. ie. "We respect his decision but wish he were staying, etc.

I was proud of the owner because he didn't use a corporatist lifeless response we so often here. ie. "We respect his decision but wish he were staying, etc.

Sure, but he reacted with what I would call overkill. :lol:

Especially after Lebron gave them seven years and numerous opportunities to improve the team. The best they could get is Shaq, past his prime who also happens to be the oldest active NBA player.

Sure, but he reacted with what I would call overkill. :lol:

Especially after Lebron gave them seven years and numerous opportunities to improve the team. The best they could get is Shaq, past his prime who also happens to be the oldest active NBA player.

I think the fact he didn't tell cleveland of his intentions may have played a role as well.

It's more the way he did it. Along with Reggie Miller, I thought he would announce last night he was going back to Cleveland, in spite of the reports. Like Reggie Miller said, no one would arrange such an event if they weren't returning home. In other words, no one would do something so despicable.

Same here. That was a profoundly douchey display. I wonder if there are other examples of beloved sports figures going out of their way to so publicly take a dump on their home team and (formerly) loyal fanbase.

I don't like the way LeBron did it and I don't think he'll win a championship any time soon. Karma baby Karma.....:lol:

BTW, Miami is simply not that good. They had to go 9-1 to end the season just to finish ahead of Charlotte. Sure, they'll be better with LeBron, but they still have to go out and win the big games. LeBron doesn't seem to have much heart IMHO.....He lays down when faced with adversity, look at how he played against the Celtics in the playoffs....he played like a chump.

Forum List

Back