John James says Detroit is the new Jim Crow North.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

Minute 29.

That is what happens when you have a trifecta GOP government.

PS: I voted for Debbie, and Sean Hannity sprouts mistruths. What happened in Detroit is due to Bush Jr housing crash, Quicken Loans and Dan Gilbert. It has only got worst since the GOP took over but seldom has the Democrats been in control of MI.

Flint water, bad roads, PFAS contamination all over MI.

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Michigan has leaned Republican since 1992.
  • Prior to 2011, Republicans held trifectas in 1995, 1996, and from 1999 to 2002.
  • Republicans have held the state Senate since 1992.
State government trifectas - Ballotpedia

Last edited:

Minute 29.

PS: I voted for Debbie, and Sean Hannity sprouts mistruths. What happened in Detroit is due to Bush Jr housing crash, Quicken Loans and Dan Gilbert.

MI only has absentee voting, not early voting. So you have to be a native MI living elsewhere, or you're not voting credibly. Right?

Minute 29.

PS: I voted for Debbie, and Sean Hannity sprouts mistruths. What happened in Detroit is due to Bush Jr housing crash, Quicken Loans and Dan Gilbert.

MI only has absentee voting, not early voting. So you have to be a native MI living elsewhere, or you're not voting credibly. Right?

I'm in MI, and I do an absentee ballot. I vote for all Democrats and I live here. No early voting. We have a GOP SOS and she has closed SOS offices which makes it hard, its nothing to spend the whole day at a SOS office to get an ID. We suffer from extreme gerrymandering. I vote credibly and I have a drivers license which you have to go in to the SOS every 8 years to get your picture done.

Minute 29.

I'm in MI, and I do an absentee ballot. I vote for all Democrats and I live here. No early voting. We have a GOP SOS and she has closed SOS offices which makes it hard, its nothing to spend the whole day at a SOS office to get an ID. We suffer from extreme gerrymandering. I vote credibly and I have a drivers license which you have to go in to the SOS every 8 years to get your picture done.

K if you are IN Michigan, and you have ID, why don't you vote on election day like everyone else, since there is no early voting? To vote absentee you must claim some kind of hardship--it's not just for convenience. College students can do it; they're not at home. Very elderly people can do it; it's hard to get to the polls.

This makes me say.....hmmmmm

Minute 29.

K if you are IN Michigan, and you have ID, why don't you vote on election day like everyone else, since there is no early voting? To vote absentee you must claim some kind of hardship--it's not just for convenience. College students can do it; they're not at home. Very elderly people can do it; it's hard to get to the polls.

Hardship? All people 60 and over can do an absentee ballot in MI. What are you humming about??

Minute 29.

Hardship? All people 60 and over can do an absentee ballot in MI. What are you humming about??

Okay then, explained. A lot of things explained, thanks.

You know at most SOS offices you can do appts now right? Make an appt, walk in at your appt time, walk out 15 minutes later. Easy.

Wtf...Detroit is a perfect example of what happens
when the majority of the productive white population leaves
and you're left with a black majority of unproductive shmucks!

Detroit needs white people to return
to clean up the fucking mess

Jim Crow...
Blacks make up over 82% of the Detroit population
Whites come in at around 10-13+/-%

What, are they segregating blacks from themselves?

John James spoke the truth about Detroit. Penelope can't handle the truth. LOL

You can register to vote absentee online in Michigan

SOS - Absentee Voting

This how you register to vote

You may obtain the application at one of the following:

• Your local Secretary of State branch office
  • Your local county, city, or township clerk's office
  • Offices of several state agencies, like the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Community Health, and the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
  • Military recruitment centers
  • Voter registration drives
  • Online at www.Michigan.gov/sos

SOS - How to Register to Vote Step 2

Here's the state senate district map, pretty basic, unless you are in Detroit.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/cgi/senate10statewide_371479_7.pdf

State House, again nothing unusual until you get to Democrat areas.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/cgi/house10statewide_371473_7.pdf

Minute 29.

PS: I voted for Debbie, and Sean Hannity sprouts mistruths. What happened in Detroit is due to Bush Jr housing crash, Quicken Loans and Dan Gilbert. It has only got worst since the GOP took over but seldom has the Democrats been in control of MI.

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Prior to 2011, Republicans held trifectas in 1995, 1996, and from 1999 to 2002.

Granholm about destroyed the whole state, hence little interest in placing Democrats in charge.

What happen to Detroit has nothing to do with Republicans or some kind of Jim Crow revival.

Detroit used to be the epicenter of automobile manufacturing. Then a few decades ago well made and reliable Japanese import cars started to take an increasing share of the automotive market.

Due to Union's high salary demands and other economic concerns. The major car companies were forced to leave Detroit and open up car manufacturing plants in other non union states in order to compete with foreign car makers.

That left Detroit with a surplus of skilled workers without jobs and very little chance of finding employment within the city. Plus with the critically diminished tax base. Detroit today is barely able to function as a city. ... :cool:

Minute 29.

HIGHLIGHTS

The loans were made under the Dobbs Act that make anyone who could walk get a loan. Try to get the fact inline.

Forum List

Back