John Freshwater, Gay Bashing "Science" Teacher, Burned Crosses into His Students Arms

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
John Freshwater, Gay Bashing Science Teacher, Burned Crosses into His Students' Arms - True Crime Report

John Freshwater would make the perfect middle school science instructor -- if he was teaching at the Mean Jesus Apocalyptic Church of the Damned. But he works for a middle school in Mount Vernon, Ohio, which apparently doesn't appreciation his brand of Christianity...

$John-Freshwater-crosses-thumb-512x344.jpg

​The science teacher doesn't believe in evolution, for example. And he doesn't really believe in science if it runs contrary to scripture. He teaches his kids that science is bogus due to research that hints there may be a gene that produces homosexuality.

"Science is wrong," Freshwater told his students, "because the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin, and so anyone who is gay chooses to be gay and is therefore a sinner."

He also teaches creationism, and has handed out surveys asking students how important religion is to them.

But his biggest sin -- at least in the eyes of parents -- is burning crosses into the kids' arms. He's admitted to burning the kids, but claims it wasn't a religious statement, just an experiment he's conducted for 21 years. He also initially denied handing out religious surveys until he was presented copies of them.

But it seems the school district is having a hard time firing him. Ohio law entitles him to a hearing on his termination, and that's been dragging on for 15 months. He's been suspended without pay, but students are still showing up to school with T-shirts that read "I support Mr. Freshwater -- God."

I would rant about how fucked up this story and this guy is. But with each passing line, it becomes clearly apparent.

Thoughts USMB?

Honestly, I don't think he is particularly unusual for today's Confederate Republicans. What is the big deal?

Honestly, I don't think he is particularly unusual for today's Confederate Republicans. What is the big deal?

:eusa_doh: Can you just stop posting if you're not going to stop posting such rash generalized statements 24/7? Your 24/7 war against Republicans hurts any movement you feel you're helping.

Last edited:
who hired him?

It really doesn't matter what he believes. He was hired to do a job, and he needs to do it. If the job is something you can't do for ethical reasons, you need to find alternative employment.

Would be like hiring someone who spoke only Chinese to teach English.

:eusa_doh: Can you just stop posting if you're not going to stop posting such rash generalized statements 24/7? Your 24/7 war against Republicans hurts any movement you feel you're helping.

I have the right of free speech. Besides, he sounds pretty much in lock step with the Republican Party.

Hates the gays - check

Evolution is a lie - check

Teaches magical creation - check

Hardcore Christian - check

Shouldn't have burned the kids. Except, it WAS a cross.

I have the right of free speech. Besides, he sounds pretty much in lock step with the Republican Party.

Hates the gays - check

Evolution is a lie - check

Teaches magical creation - check

Shouldn't have burned the kids. Except, it WAS a cross.

This is not the United States, you have a "right" to jack and shit and jack left town. And this has nothing to do with the GOP.

you can thank teacher unions for the fact taxpayers are still paying his salary

He was suspended without pay....

What he did, burning someone and leaving a scar, is considered mayhem, and a felony in any jurisdiction.

That town must be really weird that he has been at this for 21 years and still there!

If someone burned my kids in class as some sort of lesson, that person would have his face re-arranged. Permanently.

I have to point out that this guy seems to practice a selective version of his religion...lying about the literature he hands out, until presented with a copy of his literature that he hands out. Seems in line with the lying brand of his religion practiced by some other people here in CA.

John Freshwater, Gay Bashing Science Teacher, Burned Crosses into His Students' Arms - True Crime Report

John Freshwater would make the perfect middle school science instructor -- if he was teaching at the Mean Jesus Apocalyptic Church of the Damned. But he works for a middle school in Mount Vernon, Ohio, which apparently doesn't appreciation his brand of Christianity...

View attachment 9306

​The science teacher doesn't believe in evolution, for example. And he doesn't really believe in science if it runs contrary to scripture. He teaches his kids that science is bogus due to research that hints there may be a gene that produces homosexuality.

"Science is wrong," Freshwater told his students, "because the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin, and so anyone who is gay chooses to be gay and is therefore a sinner."

He also teaches creationism, and has handed out surveys asking students how important religion is to them.

But his biggest sin -- at least in the eyes of parents -- is burning crosses into the kids' arms. He's admitted to burning the kids, but claims it wasn't a religious statement, just an experiment he's conducted for 21 years. He also initially denied handing out religious surveys until he was presented copies of them.

But it seems the school district is having a hard time firing him. Ohio law entitles him to a hearing on his termination, and that's been dragging on for 15 months. He's been suspended without pay, but students are still showing up to school with T-shirts that read "I support Mr. Freshwater -- God."

I would rant about how fucked up this story and this guy is. But with each passing line, it becomes clearly apparent.

Thoughts USMB?

The school board should be the least of his problems. Hasn't anyone pressed assault charges against this man? What ever happened to zero tolerance? It only applies to students? They'd be hard pressed to find the mutherfucker if it was my kid disfigured for life.

There is something rotten in Denmark. If he's been doing this (more than once) and no action was taken until now, then there must be something going on behind closed doors.

And 15 months,,,,really? Hmmmmmmmm.........................

Forum List

Back