John F'n Ketchup nominated for SecState

Elliot wrote "In a combat environment often requiring independent, decisive action, LTJG [Lieutenant Junior Grade] Kerry was unsurpassed. He constantly reviewed tactics and lessons learned in river operations and applied his experience at every opportunity. On one occasion, while in tactical command of a three boat operation his units were taken under fire from ambush. LTJG Kerry rapidly assessed the situation and ordered his units to turn directly into the ambush. This decision resulted in routing the attackers with several KIA [Killed in Action]. LTJG Kerry emerges as the acknowledged leader in his peer group. His bearing and appearance are above reproach."[39]

During Kerry's 1996 Senate re-election campaign, when there was criticism of his Silver Star, Elliott responded: "The fact that he chased armed enemies down is not something to be looked down on."[40] In June 2003, Elliott was quoted as saying the award was "well deserved" and that he had "no regrets or second thoughts at all about that."[41] John Kerry military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Right. He deliberately-and in violation of both standing orders and common sense-managed to beach his boat in a hostile area in front of an enemy position needlessly endangering his boat and crew. Anyone who thinks he deserves a silver star for that is an idiot in my book.

Commenting on the Silver Star issue, Republican Sen. John Warner, who was Under Secretary of the Navy at the time, stated "We did extraordinary, careful checking on that type of medal, a very high one, when it goes through the secretary...I'd stand by the process that awarded that medal, and I think we best acknowledge that his heroism did gain that recognition."[60] Elmo Zumwalt, Commander of the United States Naval Forces in Vietnam at that time, signed Kerry's original Silver Star citation and defended the award in 1996, saying "It is a disgrace to the United States Navy that there's any inference that the [medal] process was anything other than totally honest." Boston Herald, October 28, 1996.

Elliot wrote "In a combat environment often requiring independent, decisive action, LTJG [Lieutenant Junior Grade] Kerry was unsurpassed. He constantly reviewed tactics and lessons learned in river operations and applied his experience at every opportunity. On one occasion, while in tactical command of a three boat operation his units were taken under fire from ambush. LTJG Kerry rapidly assessed the situation and ordered his units to turn directly into the ambush. This decision resulted in routing the attackers with several KIA [Killed in Action]. LTJG Kerry emerges as the acknowledged leader in his peer group. His bearing and appearance are above reproach."[39]

During Kerry's 1996 Senate re-election campaign, when there was criticism of his Silver Star, Elliott responded: "The fact that he chased armed enemies down is not something to be looked down on."[40] In June 2003, Elliott was quoted as saying the award was "well deserved" and that he had "no regrets or second thoughts at all about that."[41] John Kerry military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Right. He deliberately-and in violation of both standing orders and common sense-managed to beach his boat in a hostile area in front of an enemy position needlessly endangering his boat and crew. Anyone who thinks he deserves a silver star for that is an idiot in my book.
according to the Admiral, you're a disgrace.

Commenting on the Silver Star issue, Republican Sen. John Warner, who was Under Secretary of the Navy at the time, stated "We did extraordinary, careful checking on that type of medal, a very high one, when it goes through the secretary...I'd stand by the process that awarded that medal, and I think we best acknowledge that his heroism did gain that recognition."[60] Elmo Zumwalt, Commander of the United States Naval Forces in Vietnam at that time, signed Kerry's original Silver Star citation and defended the award in 1996, saying "It is a disgrace to the United States Navy that there's any inference that the [medal] process was anything other than totally honest." Boston Herald, October 28, 1996. John Kerry military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Standing orders were to run away from the enemy if they fired upon you?

Who gave those orders?

You have a link to that?

Had plenty of friends in Vietnam..and while that's what some of them wanted to do..that's not what they did.

What does your link have to do with Kerry's admission that he committed war crimes?

You think My Lai wasn't a war crime?

What does my answer to that have to do with John Kerry's confession that he committed war crimes?

Yes My Lai was atrocious. And John Kerry admitted that he himself committed some of the atrocities he accused others of.

So we're back to my original point. John Kerry admitted to committing war crimes.

Dante's answer to that point is to show that Kerry won some medals. Your answer to that point is to ask me my opinion of My Lai. Neither addresses Kerry's admission and Obama's nomination of a confessed war criminal.

Kerry AND Hanoi Jane can kiss this America's ass

Fucking pathetic that a tax-evading traitor like this could be nominated for such a position.

Outrageous!

Fuck You Kerry!!

You're a piece of elitist shit.
Look who nominated him - another trader piece of shit.
Imagin that. My airborne seargeant major uncle sole surviver Vietnam vet s rolling over in his grave. What a fucking insult.

What does your link have to do with Kerry's admission that he committed war crimes?

What does my answer to that have to do with John Kerry's confession that he committed war crimes?

Yes My Lai was atrocious. And John Kerry admitted that he himself committed some of the atrocities he accused others of.

So we're back to my original point. John Kerry admitted to committing war crimes.

Dante's answer to that point is to show that Kerry won some medals. Your answer to that point is to ask me my opinion of My Lai. Neither addresses Kerry's admission and Obama's nomination of a confessed war criminal.

Disgraceful attacks on an American war hero? Despicable. Kerry never attacked anyone individual like you do...with lies.

People should stop nibbling your troll bait

:cuckoo:

KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

So yeah, in that sense, he's a war criminal, but so technically was anyone else participating in it. Should we bring charges against all Vietnam vets, or just Kerry?

In the end I doubt it will affect his ability to do the job required.

If Kerry is the best they have, speaks volumes, for he personifies the meaning, bottom of the barrel. Come to think about it, fits the Messiahs administration to a T.

Kerry later addressed his testimony. On Meet The Press Kerry admitted his words “atrocities” is “a bad word” and “inappropriate.” Asked about using the phrase, “war criminals,” Kerry replied that the words “were honest but on the other hand, they were a little bit over the top.” He said he regretted them.

end of story

or are the right wingers accusing America of war crimes? :cuckoo:

Disgraceful attacks on an American war hero? Despicable. Kerry never attacked anyone individual like you do...with lies.

People should stop nibbling your troll bait

:cuckoo:

It is disgraceful to relay what Kerry said about his behavior in Vietnam? Despicable?

How very Orwellian of you.

This is where I get off the merry-go-round. Ta ta.

What John Kerry admitted too, was a lack of leadership in Vietnam that caused some very atrocious behavior. My Lai wasn't an isolated incident. There were over 2 million Vietnamese killed by American actions in that country. Had any other country on the face on the planet engaged in the same behavior the US would be screaming murder.

If Kerry is the best they have, speaks volumes, for he personifies the meaning, bottom of the barrel. Come to think about it, fits the Messiahs administration to a T.

Beats that scumbag Ronald Reagan.

Which is the gold standard of conservatives.

KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

So yeah, in that sense, he's a war criminal, but so technically was anyone else participating in it. Should we bring charges against all Vietnam vets, or just Kerry?

I was there longer and in a much better position to witness "war crimes" than kerry. I commited no war crimes nor did I ever witness any US serviceman do so. Exactly where do you get off with that

"So yeah, in that sense, he's a war criminal, but so technically was anyone else participating in it" bullshit?

I was there longer and in a much better position to witness "war crimes" than kerry. I commited no war crimes nor did I ever witness any US serviceman do so. Exactly where do you get off with that

"So yeah, in that sense, he's a war criminal, but so technically was anyone else participating in it" bullshit?

That's Kerry's opinion, based on the statement I referenced.

Settle down, Beavis.

5most4.jpg

Fucking joke

if this is the best this country has to offer....we're in truuuuuuuuble.

New Topics

Forum List

Back