John Edwards: "While I do not believe I did any thing that was illegal..."

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
John Edwards: "While I do not believe I did any thing that was illegal, I did an awful lot that was wrong."

:dunno: If it's wrong, why ain't it illegal? :eusa_think: Hell, for that matter, if it ain't illegal, why is it wrong?

I reiterate.....

If it ain't illegal, why is it 'wrong'?

&

If it's 'wrong', why ain't it illegal?

I can think of plenty of actions that I consider to be wrong that I don't think should be illegal by any stretch of the imagination. So to answer your second question, not everything wrong is illegal because if it was, we would all have a criminal record or be locked up!

So what you're saying is that one man's 'Wrong' could be another man's 'Righteous'?

If everyone adopts that kind of attitude, what's to become of all the right-wing busy-bodies and all the left-wing crusaders? :dunno:

I think he did stuff that was illegal, they just couldn't prove it. There's a difference between being innocent and being found not guilty cuz the law was poorly written and hard to prosecute. He's definitely a world class asshole though.

I think he did stuff that was illegal, they just couldn't prove it. There's a difference between being innocent and being found not guilty cuz the law was poorly written and hard to prosecute. He's definitely a world class asshole though.
Let's apply that same standard to George "The Killer" Zimmerman...shall we?

So where does he stand on the weights?

Don't know that there's enough evidence to convict Zimmerman of anything either. IMHO he was told not to pursue Trayvon but did anyway; I don't think he was innocent of any wrongdoing, you don't follow somebody with a gun when the cops tell you not to, but as with Edwards the Florida law is not exactly straight forward. I do think the police should've drug tested him and kept his firearm at least until a full investigation was completed.

Don't know that there's enough evidence to convict Zimmerman of anything either. IMHO he was told not to pursue Trayvon but did anyway; I don't think he was innocent of any wrongdoing, you don't follow somebody with a gun when the cops tell you not to, but as with Edwards the Florida law is not exactly straight forward. I do think the police should've drug tested him and kept his firearm at least until a full investigation was completed.

There is something to be said for the doctrine of "primary cause". Zimmerman was told not to pursue. He pursued anyway, thereby becoming the primary cause of martin's death.

I don't know it he is guilty of second degree murder altho were I on the jury, I would have no trouble convicting him of that. He is surely guilty of a lesser crime of, perhaps, negligent homicide altho it is difficult to assume he had no intent. What the hell did he think was going to happen?

By the time he comes to trial all will be forgotten witnesses vanished, memories eroded, the NRA will probably be defending him. He will probably get a slap on the wrist. Martin will still be dead.

I reiterate.....

If it ain't illegal, why is it 'wrong'?

&

If it's 'wrong', why ain't it illegal?
maybe he is talking about the whole affair and what he did to his life long, 5- 7 children later, wife? Not really illegal, but scummy none the less?

Forum List

Back