John Edwards verdict is in

Verdict on one count the Jury is hung on the rest.

No idea on the verdict on the one count though.

If in fact the charges were without merit the trial would never have happened as the Judge would have dismissed them. But then swallow knows that or should.

My own thoughts on this...

I think Edwards was really a big jerk. Absolutely.

I'm not seeing the law that was supposedly broken here. Not really.

But even if there was, the poor guy had lost his marriage, his reputation, his political career, and his relationship with is children is probably pretty awful.

I guess a few on the far right want to punish him further, not for what he did, (lots of Republicans have stepped out on their wives and had some questionable actions. How many on the right defended Newt?) but because he talked about the "Two Americas" and wealth disparity.

I just didn't see the point in any of it.

I was glad when the decision was made to retry Blagojevich. Here, I hope the government does not elect to retry Edwards. This was a weak case from the start and I doubt they would fare any better with another jury.

I was glad when the decision was made to retry Blagojevich. Here, I hope the government does not elect to retry Edwards. This was a weak case from the start and I doubt they would fare any better with another jury.

In Blago's case, it was one intransigent juror. It would be interesting to see how this jury split.

I'm guessing something like 11-1 for acquittal.

Forum List

Back