John Edwards is Innocent

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
John Edwards is Innocent of the charges brought against him.

case closed

Mr. Lowell asserted that a “fatal defect” in the prosecution’s case was that there was no evidence that Mr. Edwards took any action with specific intent to violate the law or that donors gave the money as anything other than a gift.

“What ounce of proof is there that this was a campaign contribution?” he said. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/us/trial-of-john-edwards-will-proceed-to-jury.html

Last edited:
If that be the case we are truly fucked. Take that to the bank, roll it up and smoke it! So pathetic, drives a straight person to drink!

John Edwards will be found guilty of something because juries are loathe to let shits walk away scot free.

John Edwards is the stereotypical sleazy lying politician and ambulance chaser. The man is a complete fraud.

The coverage of this trial has been sufficiently piecemeal that I'm not clear on what standards are being applied. However, my impression is that the key issue is whether the payments were made primarily to get Edwards elected rather than primarily to conceal his affair for obvious personal reasons and whether Edwards himself believed the former and filed false reports. It doesn't sound like the government has come close to proving this beyond a reasonable doubt. I therefore predict an acquittal, or at worst a hung jury. Certainly, the government seems to have a harder case here than the one against Blagojevich, which initially resulted in a hung jury on all charges save one. Of course, I could be misunderstanding the issues. After all, there must be some reason prosecutors chose to bring the case to trial.

If the prosecutors brought the wrong charges based on a ginned up strained construction of the Election Law, then you can't blame the jurors if they call this case (based on the evidence and the law and the notion of reasonable doubt) as "not guilty."

I don't know that they WILL reach a verdict of acquittal.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

And Edwards is still a piece of shit.

If the prosecutors brought the wrong charges based on a ginned up strained construction of the Election Law, then you can't blame the jurors if they call this case (based on the evidence and the law and the notion of reasonable doubt) as "not guilty."

I don't know that they WILL reach a verdict of acquittal.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

And Edwards is still a piece of shit.

most of the usual morons here don' get IT

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back