John Drew: Remembering young Marxist Obama

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
John Drew: Remembering young Marxist Obama

Face-to-Face with Young Marxist Obama: Remembering My Days as an Anti-Apartheid Student Activist

by John Drew

Flipping through some old photos, I found this picture of me graduating from Occidental College on June 9, 1979. I’m wearing a red arm band. My parents were probably angry at me for doing this because it spoiled the graduation photo. Nevertheless, this photo has now come in handy as significant evidence that I was doing my part to protest Occidental College’s investments in South Africa. Moreover, it is part of the trail of documents that allows me to make the case that I was, indeed, a radical student who founded the anti-apartheid group which young President Obama spoke for a year and a half later on the Occidental College campus.

My most vivid memory of my time visiting with Obama was the way he strongly argued a rather simple-minded version of Marxist theory. I remember he was passionate about his point of view. As I remember, he was articulating the same Marxist theory taught by various professors at Occidental College. Based on my more detailed studies at Cornell, I remember I made a strong argument that his Marxist ideas were not in line with contemporary reality – particularly the practical experience of Western Europe.

I went on to become an assistant professor of political science at Williams College in MA, and won the William Anderson Award from the American Political Science Association for my doctoral dissertation.

I went on to become an assistant professor of political science at Williams College in MA, and won the William Anderson Award from the American Political Science Association for my doctoral dissertation.

And Obama went on to become President of the United States and Nobel Prize winner

envy?

And Obama went on to become President of the United States and Nobel Prize winner

envy?

as did George W. Bush and Yassir Arafat, respectively.

envy?

Looking at Papa Obama's polls

I am sure it is not John Drew who is envious:
52% Say Obama Doesn't Deserve Second Term

A new CNN poll contains some troubling numbers for President Obama. Among Americans -- and those registered to vote -- 52% believe Obama does not deserve a second term, while 44% think he does. A paltry 4% don't have an opinion on the matter.

If anything then I am sure his old friend John feels pity for Papa Obama
:eusa_angel:

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves." Eric Hoffer

Another moronic post from a moron who believes every partisan comment in the ongoing politics of personal destruction while Rome burns. Damn these morons are tiring, is there nothing but childish name calling that means nothing except to the right wing cult members. But as the Nazi knew so well repeat lies often enough and some fools will believe.

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

PS This isn't writing it is friggin nonsense, and these moron threads belong in a moron sub directory.

>

Last edited:
"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves." Eric Hoffer

Another moronic post from a moron who believes every partisan comment in the ongoing politics of personal destruction while Rome burns. Damn these morons are tiring, is there nothing but childish name calling that means nothing except to the right wing cult members. But as the Nazi knew so well repeat lies often enough and some fools will believe.

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

PS This isn't writing it is friggin nonsense, and these moron threads belong in a moron sub directory.

>

John Drew was a friend of Obama and it is his story

Partisan is your reaction

PS The truth is the worst enemy of the left

Partisan is your reaction .... PS The truth is the worst enemy of the left

No where is it established he was a friend, that he may have bumped into him at a party, says nothing. It is you and Newsmax and the right wing spokepeople who are blind partisans and you did not write this propaganda so it should be posted in opinion and you know what they say about opinion. And why should we believe this guy who only quotes from Obama's own book that is available to all.

The politics of personal destruction you engage in is irrelevant to real issues, it happened when Clinton was elected and it is happening now.

Partisan is your reaction .... PS The truth is the worst enemy of the left

No where is it established he was a friend, that he may have bumped into him at a party, says nothing. It is you and Newsmax and the right wing spokepeople who are blind partisans and you did not write this propaganda so it should be posted in opinion and you know what they say about opinion. And why should we believe this guy who only quotes from Obama's own book that is available to all.

The politics of personal destruction you engage in is irrelevant to real issues, it happened when Clinton was elected and it is happening now.

Too funny

an ad hominem, a poor one as well, is the best you have to offer
One would think the word a leftist, even an ex one, would be good enough for you :lol:

I know, maybe Papa Obama could release more on his days at..., oh wait, I forgot that makes one a racist
:eusa_whistle:

Why does the left fear the truth so much
Because
It is their worst enemy

Last edited:
"My most vivid memory of my time visiting with Obama was the way he strongly argued a rather simple-minded version of Marxist theory"

Pretty much describes Obama to a "T"

Forum List

Back