"John Doe" investigation

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Is Scott Walker Facing Indictment And Does It Really Matter To Walker's Wisconsin Supporters? - Forbes

This story was published on June 3rd.

According to Mr. Shuster, Governor Walker’s problems may not rest only with the Milwaukee District Attorney as Shuster is reported to have said during the call, “I stand by my reporting 100 percent. It’s clear to me that he (Walker) is, in fact, a target in a federal investigation.” Shuster went on to confirm that his information was based on consultations with attorneys in the Justice Department’s Public Integrity Section.

Wisconsin Democratic Party spokesman, Graeme Zalienski, highlighted the point by adding , “The Wisconsin press has only reported about the John Doe — the state component. They have not reported on the federal component of this.”

Strong charges to be sure—but charges that, as of yet, have not been confirmed first hand by anyone actually involved with any of these investigations.

When adding into the mix that the Governor has taken some $160,000 in campaign contributions and moved them to his criminal defense fund (he is the only governor in America to actually have a criminal defense fund), an objective observer might conclude that where there is smoke their might, indeed, be fire.

However, earlier in the same article.

While Mr. Shuster’s allegations are tantalizing and appear grounded in legitimate reporting, it must be noted that there are some questions regarding Shuster’s credibility when it comes to reporting on pending indictments. In 2006, Shuster appeared on Keith Olbermann’s television show and reported that his research had convinced him that Karl Rove would shortly be indicted for his alleged role in the Valerie Plame affair.

No such indictment was ever forthcoming.

In other words, we'll know absolutely nothing whatsoever, unless and until charges are actually entered and made public.

Is Scott Walker Facing Indictment And Does It Really Matter To Walker's Wisconsin Supporters? - Forbes

This story was published on June 3rd.

According to Mr. Shuster, Governor Walker’s problems may not rest only with the Milwaukee District Attorney as Shuster is reported to have said during the call, “I stand by my reporting 100 percent. It’s clear to me that he (Walker) is, in fact, a target in a federal investigation.” Shuster went on to confirm that his information was based on consultations with attorneys in the Justice Department’s Public Integrity Section.

Wisconsin Democratic Party spokesman, Graeme Zalienski, highlighted the point by adding , “The Wisconsin press has only reported about the John Doe — the state component. They have not reported on the federal component of this.”

Strong charges to be sure—but charges that, as of yet, have not been confirmed first hand by anyone actually involved with any of these investigations.

When adding into the mix that the Governor has taken some $160,000 in campaign contributions and moved them to his criminal defense fund (he is the only governor in America to actually have a criminal defense fund), an objective observer might conclude that where there is smoke their might, indeed, be fire.

However, earlier in the same article.

While Mr. Shuster’s allegations are tantalizing and appear grounded in legitimate reporting, it must be noted that there are some questions regarding Shuster’s credibility when it comes to reporting on pending indictments. In 2006, Shuster appeared on Keith Olbermann’s television show and reported that his research had convinced him that Karl Rove would shortly be indicted for his alleged role in the Valerie Plame affair.

No such indictment was ever forthcoming.

In other words, we'll know absolutely nothing whatsoever, unless and until charges are actually entered and made public.

Dumb ass Rep computer says said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BDBoop again.
:mad:

Ed Schultz said Walker would be indicted.

Not kidding. :lol: Eddie also said the tea party was dead.

• Banned
Also from the article (page three);

I can additionally appreciate that, in America, we are all innocent until proven guilty and that even an indictment, should it occur, is an accusation—not a conviction.

Forum List

Back