John Chapter 6

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
talks about jesus saying his flesh being real food and his blood being real drank. He talks about this for a few verses. Then, it talks about his disciples leaving and doubting him
Can you honestly blame them?
:cuckoo:

Last edited:
talks about jesus saying his flesh being real food and his blood being real drank. He talks about this for a few verses. Then, it talks about his disciples
Can you honestly blame them? What a ridiculous thing to say! And this was obviously no metaphor considering the Jews were like "wtf?" And Jesus said truly truly, you have no life in you UNTIL YOU FUCKING EAT ME!"

Before Jesus came the preexisting metaphor for the word of God was "manna from heaven", bread. Jesus then turned this bread, teaching from God, into his flesh, a new metaphor for Divine instruction.

What Jesus taught is the only right way to understand and conform to the figurative language and hidden subjects of the law that fulfills the promise of life for compliance. This is his flesh. This is the Body of Christ.

Thats why he said unless you accept his teaching, eat his flesh, and do it, drink his blood, you cannot have the life promised for obedience to the law in you.

The disciples who remained believed the explanation Jesus gave them in John 6:63, and confirmed it in John 6:68..

Did you accidentally miss that part?

Last edited:
talks about jesus saying his flesh being real food and his blood being real drank. He talks about this for a few verses. Then, it talks about his disciples
Can you honestly blame them? What a ridiculous thing to say! And this was obviously no metaphor considering the Jews were like "wtf?" And Jesus said truly truly, you have no life in you UNTIL YOU FUCKING EAT ME!"
WTF are you rambling on about now? Boilermakers for breakfast? :dunno:

Jesus understood the necessity of demolishing the preconceptions language imposes. Look at Zen koans and meditation exercises. They make 'anti-sense', they 'crack the nutshell' of the student.

I think that when Jesus said, "Eat this" he took it the wrong way....or maybe however a person takes it is the right way...

Maybe they were having one of their suppers and John got off a good one on Jesus and Jesus replied "bite me" and it was taken literally.

nice worn out cliche
YAWN

Before Jesus came the preexisting metaphor for the word of God was "manna from heaven", bread. Jesus then turned this bread, teaching from God, into his flesh, a new metaphor for Divine instruction.

What Jesus taught is the only right way to understand and conform to the figurative language and hidden subjects of the law that fulfills the promise of life for compliance. This is his flesh. This is the Body of Christ.

Thats why he said unless you accept his teaching, eat his flesh, and do it, drink his blood, you cannot have the life promised for obedience to the law in you.

The disciples who remained believed the explanation Jesus gave them in John 6:63, and confirmed it in John 6:68..

Did you accidentally miss that part?
What a group of morons

nice worn out cliche
YAWN
Your's? Yes. The FZ's not big enough for ya to stir shit in? Just askin'. :dunno:

The whole book is very strange.

An interesting fact is that according to John the only one given bread during the last supper was Judas, as a way for Jesus to identify his betrayer to the others...

And as soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him. (John 13:27)

Yes, very strange....

talks about jesus saying his flesh being real food and his blood being real drank. He talks about this for a few verses. Then, it talks about his disciples leaving and doubting him
Real food and real drink, you say.

Is this thread not about the Gospel of John?

I read a lot of John Grisham and I don't recall seeing that quote.

A central theme of the Gospels is who is Jesus. Why do you think that is?

Forum List

Back