John Bolton to replace H.R. McMaster

That Obama is a neocon?
well, yes...I suppose you could say that about him...when looking back on it, sort of..... all but the Syria red line thing.....that he failed to follow thru on and also, not on leaving Iraq....

SO, Trump is one as well...but worse because he does not know how to 'speak softly and carry a big stick'' and is sable rattling all the time, and on a third grade level imo, like calling names...Kim as Rocket man! And, ''my bombs are bigger than your bombs'' crapola...!

You're a lot closer than Penelope, you mostly get it.

On Obama, yes, at least you see he is one. He did not run as a neocon, but he clearly ruled as one. Three huge additions to your examples were he dramatically expanded Afghanistan, he attacked and overthrew Libya and after leaving he went back in to Iraq.

When you say Trump is "worse," you of course suffer from a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. He is a tricker one regarding neocon. Like Obama, he didn't run as a neocon but he has been militaristic. That is true. He less clearly though uses the military for the neocon purpose though of replacing governments. He's been more smiting our enemies.

Trump's a war hawk, but the neocon thing is debatable because of his intent with the military. I'm not sure I see any pattern of wanting to change governments ala W and Obama. I'm not arguing he's not a neocon, just that it's less clear. It's a shade of gray for sure.

The other part of neocon you didn't mention is they are big government leftists with spending. Neocons originally came from the Democrat party and they thrive there, most Democrats are now neocons. That's why W is a neocon and Rush isn't. Rush is a hawk, but he's a fiscal conservative. W is a big government leftist. You may know that, you didn't say.

Penelope just thinks neocon = con = war hawk. That's just wrong

Doubling down on stupid doesn't make it not stupid, it makes it twice as stupid

Supporting "the war machine" is part of being a neocon, but that's not all there is to it. You don't know what the term means. You think neocon means con. Why did they need to make a new term for something there was already a word for? Hint, they didn't.

Hillary is a neocon
Obama is a neocon
Bernie is not a neocon

W is a neocon
Rush is not a neocon.

You're looking at that mystically saying WTF, that makes no sense. That's because you think neocon means con. If you knew what the term actually means, you'd say that's obvious

Don't put words in my mouth. Not my words:

That Obama is a neocon?
well, yes...I suppose you could say that about him...when looking back on it, sort of..... all but the Syria red line thing.....that he failed to follow thru on and also, not on leaving Iraq....

SO, Trump is one as well...but worse because he does not know how to 'speak softly and carry a big stick'' and is sable rattling all the time, and on a third grade level imo, like calling names...Kim as Rocket man! And, ''my bombs are bigger than your bombs'' crapola...!

On Obama, yes, at least you see he is one. He did not run as a neocon, but he clearly ruled as one. Three huge additions to your examples were he dramatically expanded Afghanistan, he attacked and overthrew Libya and after leaving he went back in to Iraq.

When you say Trump is "worse," you of course suffer from a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. He is a tricker one regarding neocon. Like Obama, he didn't run as a neocon but he has been militaristic. That is true. He less clearly though uses the military for the neocon purpose though of replacing governments. He's been more smiting our enemies.

Trump's a war hawk, but the neocon thing is debatable because of his intent with the military. I'm not sure I see any pattern of wanting to change governments ala W and Obama. I'm not arguing he's not a neocon, just that it's less clear. It's a shade of gray for sure.

The other part of neocon you didn't mention is they are big government leftists with spending. Neocons originally came from the Democrat party and they thrive there, most Democrats are now neocons. That's why W is a neocon and Rush isn't. Rush is a hawk, but he's a fiscal conservative. W is a big government leftist. You may know that, you didn't say.

I have told you time and time again about how the Syria war got started , yet you say it was Obama.

Supporting "the war machine" is part of being a neocon, but that's not all there is to it. You don't know what the term means. You think neocon means con. Why did they need to make a new term for something there was already a word for? Hint, they didn't.

Hillary is a neocon
Obama is a neocon
Bernie is not a neocon

W is a neocon
Rush is not a neocon.

You're looking at that mystically saying WTF, that makes no sense. That's because you think neocon means con. If you knew what the term actually means, you'd say that's obvious

Answer two questions.

Obama is a neocon, Bernie is not a neocon. Why?

W is a neocon, Rush Limbaugh is not a neocon, Why?

If you can answer those two questions, then you are 80% of the way to understanding what a neocon is. They are different answers and address the fundamental views of neocons.

Hillary is a neocon
Obama is a neocon
Bernie is not a neocon

W is a neocon
Rush is not a neocon.

You obviously do not know what you area talking about.

Hillary is a neocon
Obama is a neocon
Bernie is not a neocon

W is a neocon
Rush is not a neocon.

Answer two questions.

If you can answer those two questions, then you are 80% of the way to understanding what a neocon is. They are different answers and address the fundamental view of neocons.

Go and read about what a neocon is and get back to us.

That Obama is a neocon?

I have told you time and time again about how the Syria war got started , yet you say it was Obama.

Strawman. I never said Obama started the Syrian War. I said he got us into it. Two completely different things

Hillary is a neocon
Obama is a neocon
Bernie is not a neocon

W is a neocon
Rush is not a neocon.

Answer two questions.

If you can answer those two questions, then you are 80% of the way to understanding what a neocon is. They are different answers and address the fundamental view of neocons.

Go and read about what a neocon is and get back to us.

Awww, the widdle giwl is being picked on and can't stand on her own, so now she is speaking for an imaginary army of people who hang on your every word. You're over your head now, so it's "us."

And as I said, you just proved you don't know what a neocon is

Hillary is a neocon
Obama is a neocon
Bernie is not a neocon

W is a neocon
Rush is not a neocon.

You obviously do not know what you area talking about.

LMAO, that's what you just proved about yourself. These are obvious things if you just knew what a neocon was.

Penelope. I know what a neocon is, it's someone who I hate! I hate conservatives, they are neocons! I hate Jews, they are neocons!

Snags in your stockings are neocons too, aren't they, Sweetie?

That Obama is a neocon?

It was Obama. It started on his watch, HE put troops in there. HE started the bombing. Grow up and realize the truth.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
"With Bolton on the job, the chances of failed talks with N Korea leading the administration to launch a “bloody-nose” strike have gone way up — and such a strike, in turn, could easily escalate into an all-out war against a nuclear-armed state."

Forum List

Back