John Boehner's Surrebuttal of 7/25/11

We can cut a good portion of military spending, drug war spending, shut down unnecessary federal organizations...that'd be good for starters.

Funny how that wasn't my perception. ;)

So you along with Obama didn't realize the "grand bargain" has been dead for days? And you also didn't realize no matter how much he begs the American people he's not gonna get his tax increase?

It must really suck to be living a week behind the rest of us.

He jammed Obamacare down our throats because he had a monopoly.
Those days are over.. The Republicans know if they waiver there done for and a Tea Party will emerge with time permitting for the next elections.
This is a possibility, If no bill is passed.. The Military, SS and medicare will be funded.
The balance of the money will be apportioned. Thus leaving welfare recipients checkless.
Then the shit will hit the fan. You will see urban rioting and worse..... I suggest all be ready just in case.

Sincerely

Blues

Who cares who wiped the floor with whom? Has that accomplished anything?
Speaker Boehner argued with anecdotes
President Obama debated with data.

Why is this all about one upsmanship when we have serious problems going. We need to cut spending ASAP. We need to actually pay off our debt without borrowing more money and without burdening the people more with higher taxes. Why the heck are we acting like this is a game when this is the lives of real people?
We need to cut spending and increase taxes. Both at the same time.

We shouldn't have to work until April to pay off our obligations to the government. It's morally wrong.
What is a "moral" date then? I'm curious.

Our leaders shouldn't be wasting our money on themselves and their friends. That's also morally wrong.

I agree with that.

President Obama was right when he originally said that even having this discussion is a failure of leadership. I wish he was actually sincere about that and remembered that and would actually lead this people. We need to stop kicking this can down the line. It has to be addressed and the sooner it is the less painful it will be.
He wants a longer term solution than most Repubs.

Stop pretending this is just some game people. This "game" will cost lives if we don't deal with it.

The GOP is willing to accept that from the looks of things. I wonder how many of those whose "lives it will cost" are going to be GOP voters.

Not about one-upsmanship; simple politics...that question.

I think Boehner was far better tonight, if only because he spoke for just 3 minutes versus the Teleprompter's 15....

I have a theory as to why Boehner and Obama are having these private, secret meetings about the debt ceiling. Think about it – John Boehner is the only guy this President knows who smokes. Who else is he going to bum a cigarette from? :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Raising the debt limit is akin to giving a person who can't pay their credit card bills an increase in their credit line. That is not a solution.

Follow the trail people. The House has to start the bill by law. It is going to be cut spending, amend with a balanced budget amendment and cap the increase. Then the Senate gets thumbs up or down at the last minute with a rush to the President's desk. If the Republicans are really smart they raise taxes a token amount to steal the thunder of Democrats.

You can count the number of times Boehner mentioned the middle class on zero fingers.

What do right wingers on this board call the middle class? Was it "worthless" or "whining cry babies"? Or was it "worthless whining cry babies"? Can's seem to remember.

You can count the number of times Boehner mentioned the middle class on zero fingers.

What do right wingers on this board call the middle class? Was it "worthless" or "whining cry babies"? Or was it "worthless whining cry babies"? Can's seem to remember.

The use of those terms (middle class etc) is nothing but a devisive term used to pit one American against another. People make what they make based largely on their own efforts. It's not my fault if you fail and vice versa.

Yeah, silly Speaker Boehner. He actually believes that all men are created equally and doesnt divide people because they make different amounts of money. How unAmerican of him to actually have American values.

The problem is not the middle class, it is the government. Why should Boehner talk about things that are irrelevant to the problem we are facing?

The problem is not the middle class, it is the government. Why should Boehner talk about things that are irrelevant to the problem we are facing?

Because then rdean can distract us on irrelevant topics that way.... oddly enough he does that anyway.

I watched and listened to him. I'm in agreement with him BUT I do have a suggestion for the Washington politicians. The wealthy in this country already pay the biggest portion of taxes collected. Why not begin to tax the nearly 50% of the population that pay no taxes at all? Seems only fair to me.

Yes, everybody should pay the same amount of money in taxes. Seems fair to me.

Forum List

Back