John Boehner's Boys-Only Lobbyist Golfing Buddies

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
John Boehner's Boys-Only Lobbyist Golfing Buddies | Mother Jones

So many objections, so little time. For instance, with 2.5 years in the presidency, people were having cows about the president having been golfing I think it was 77 times. Boehner? He's been 100, this year alone.

Golf and politics. Not just politics - lobbyists. Powerful lobbyists, from the richest corporations in the land.

Here's a snapshot of the Burning Tree's lobbyist members and the companies they've represented:

• Stanley Ebner: Boeing Company
  • James C. Free: Mellon Financial Group, Mastercard International, Mortgage Bankers Association, RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company, Specialty Tobacco Council, Xcel Energy, Bank of America
  • Lloyd N. Hand: Aetna, BP America, Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, PhRMA, General Motors, Lehman Brothers, Petroleum Heat & Power, Petroport
  • Tom C. Korologos: DLA Piper, Boeing, Freddie Mac, NRA, American Petroleum Institute, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, New York Life Insurance Company, Northrop Grumman
  • Robert E. Lighthizer: Glaxo Smith Kline, PhRMA, News Corp
  • Robert H. Michel: Chamber of Commerce of the United States Institute for Legal Reform, Koch Industries, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Xcel Energy
  • John T. O'Rourke: Goldman Sachs
  • R. Scott Pastrick: Accenture, Chevron Texaco, National Federation of Independent Businesses, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Boeing Company
  • Tommy J. Payne: RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company
  • W. DeVier Pierson: Occidental Petroleum Corporation
  • James E. Smith: Bank of America, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, Mellon Financial, Washington Mutual, Specialty Tobacco Council
  • James V. Stanton: Phillip Morris Management Corporation

:eusa_whistle: But I'm sure it's all pleasure, no business. Right?

Lobbyists and republicans, huh?
Those democrats are as innocent with lobbyists as a newborn baby's behind, aren't they?
Lobbyists are an issue that both sides use. Obama promised to weed them out in his campaign to get elected, then the first month they were hired....go figure.

Unless the democrats have clean hands (which they don't)...why would you even create a thread of this sort? :confused:

Is Boehner running for president.....focus, woman, focus!!:lol:

Well, to be fair, if Obama were to somehow vacate his office by an untimely death, debilitating illness, incompetence leading to impeachment, etc...and the gaffe master Biden wisely stepped down (after changing his underpants)....Boehner would become POTUS...so....:lol:

So many objections, so little time. For instance, with 2.5 years in the presidency, people were having cows about the president having been golfing I think it was 77 times. Boehner? He's been 100, this year alone.

Golf and politics. Not just politics - lobbyists. Powerful lobbyists, from the richest corporations in the land.

Here's a snapshot of the Burning Tree's lobbyist members and the companies they've represented:

• James C. Free: Mellon Financial Group, Mastercard International, Mortgage Bankers Association, RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company, Specialty Tobacco Council, Xcel Energy, Bank of America
  • Lloyd N. Hand: Aetna, BP America, Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, PhRMA, General Motors, Lehman Brothers, Petroleum Heat & Power, Petroport
  • Tom C. Korologos: DLA Piper, Boeing, Freddie Mac, NRA, American Petroleum Institute, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, New York Life Insurance Company, Northrop Grumman
  • Robert H. Michel: Chamber of Commerce of the United States Institute for Legal Reform, Koch Industries, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Xcel Energy
  • R. Scott Pastrick: Accenture, Chevron Texaco, National Federation of Independent Businesses, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Boeing Company
  • James E. Smith: Bank of America, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, Mellon Financial, Washington Mutual, Specialty Tobacco Council

Do you recall the uproar from the left when Bush went golfing after we invaded Afghanistan? Do you know how often he went golfing after that?

By they way, how many women has Obama been golfing with? How about his all boys B-ball games?

I don't golf, but it is a tradition among business people, and a lot of deals get ironed out on a golf course. If you don't like that talk to the Scots, they invented the stupid game.

i'm sure democrats neither golf nor employ lobbyists

oh, wait...

• Banned

oh, wait...

Oh, I had no idea you'd have a matching link giving specific information (just like mine) showing that Nancy Pelosi (Boehner's equal-but-opposite) was doing something comparable. You go on ahead, I'll wait right here for the specifics - names, places, etc.

oh, wait...
I bet the lazy asses ride carts more times than not. :D

oh, wait...

Oh, I had no idea you'd have a matching link giving specific information (just like mine) showing that Nancy Pelosi (Boehner's equal-but-opposite) was doing something comparable. You go on ahead, I'll wait right here for the specifics - names, places, etc.

try not to be egregiously stupid

thanks

oh, wait...
I bet the lazy asses ride carts more times than not. :D

both sides

oh, wait...

thanks

Try not to run your mouth when you haven't got shit for facts.

Thanks.

thanks

Thanks.

do you really need a link to golf playing democrats who hang out with lobbyists? really?

or are you going to stick with the pelosi fig leaf?

In some ways one has to feel sorry for Boehner, here he is, this career politician, corporate, mainstream, pork guzzling, denizen of the Beltway just wanting to be a good Speaker so all his fellow representatives might get their snouts in the Federal trough.

But no.

He as to put up with these radical rightwing TPM nitwits who are screwing things up for the long-time career politicians like Boehner.

Poor John.

thanks

Thanks.

Obama, Boehner Play Golf - WSJ.com

Is this link a fact or a "right wing lie" ? .... :eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
In some ways one has to feel sorry for Boehner, here he is, this career politician, corporate, mainstream, pork guzzling, denizen of the Beltway just wanting to be a good Speaker so all his fellow representatives might get their snouts in the Federal trough.

But no.

He as to put up with these radical rightwing TPM nitwits who are screwing things up for the long-time career politicians like Boehner.

Poor John.

Poor, poor John. It sucks having the internet. Everybody knows what you're up to, and is willing to share the knowledge.

Except Del, who has nothing, but isn't letting a little thing like that get in the way of his trash talk.

But no.

Poor John.

Poor, poor John. It sucks having the internet. Everybody knows what you're up to, and is willing to share the knowledge.

Except Del, who has nothing, but isn't letting a little thing like that get in the way of his trash talk.

Rigghhhtttt, del is definitely the one starting BS thread after BS thread with nothing........:lol:

But no.

Poor John.

Yeah, and we can also show the number of times lobbyists have visited the whitehouse these past two and a half disastrous years.......Not a problem. But it will make you look like quite the hypocritical dufus we know you to be.

So where is boop now with outrage over the president seeing the same lobbying types that the congressman did? Or is it JUST the republicans???

Anyone figure out that it really is not the lobbyists that are the problem here anyway? It is not the fact that there are people looking out for their interests that is the problem; it is the fact that politicians are able to give them kickbacks and bonuses as well as the corrupt cash flowing into the politician coffers. If the right was the only side with the issue, we would not have ended up with the disastrous stimulus, finical reform bill, auto buyouts and the healthcare package - all gifts from the left to big corporate/union special interests.

Forum List

Back