John Boehner? What is with all the crying dude?

Common Sense wrote:

This is funny coming from you.

Indeed I do, as many of those wealthy are small business owners, absolutely critical to our economy and its recovery, a line that HAD to be drawn, yes, despite doing something which I'm sure would have pained him, raising taxes on the middle class, CUZ HE WAS ONE FOR A WHILE, and knows what's it's like, so do I, even worse. You cannot possibly delve into his mind to prove otherwise, so go somewhere else with that tired, lefty, class war BS please.

see your problem is that you dont do any research. the average small business owner makes well under $250k annually. thus this would not have affected them

PayScale - Owner / Operator, Small Business Salary, Average Salaries

one again you fail.

Really? Like these small business owners?
The average annual revenue of a small business is $3.6 million; The average annual revenue of a small business with a website is $5.03 million .
Smallbusinessfacts.com - Facts and Statistics About Small Business: Part of the SMBTN™ Network

That's just ONE example, I can find more. LOL I suppose I fail to understand how someone who's name is "common sense" can cast such a huge blanket over a subject very specific.:lol:

As I said, there are many small business owners who DO make that much or more, along with those you showed.

Hurting ANY small business like that with tax hikes obviously hurts net income, hiring, etc. Our economy IS too weak for afford ANY tax hikes right now.

Now let's return to your asinine desire too see success punished shall we? This is a nation propelled to greatness by greed, the bottom line, etc. Raising taxes on even the rich discourages them from buying alot, from stimulating any sector of the economy with their $, which is needed in our fragile state. This is common knowledge, but since you can't see past your unAmerican, silly, obsession with class warfare, you can see this COMMON SENSE.:lol:

Don't test me dude. I'm the political/ideological mainstream of this great nation, you're much closer to freakish minority. This is also why you're on my pwned list.

Net income can be calculated by subtracting expenses from revenue.

revenue definition and meaning

That means your revenue can be a hundred million, but your income could be 25 cents.

here is his voting recored on education alone:

Project Vote Smart - - Voting Record

73 items voted on (since 1993)
36 no votes
3 no present votes

the funny things is most of his yes votes occured while Bush was president.

he voted Yes only 4 times under Obama, and 14 nos (during bush he has 22 opportunities and voted yes 13)
partisan: yes, and he still have voted no/not present over half the time on education bills. not exactly education friends. many of the bills he also voted against were still passed.

major NO votes:

Vote to pass a bill that makes changes to regulations regarding student costs for attending colleges, relationships between colleges and lenders, and student aid.

Vote to adopt an amendment to HR 2642 that provides education funding for eligible members of the Armed Forces, extends unemployment compensation, establishes moratoria on certain actions regarding Medicaid, and appropriates funds for various domestic and international purposes.

Vote to pass a bill that would allow states to use certain funds designated for elementary and secondary education to provide scholarships or vouchers for children of low-income families to attend private schools of their choosing

Vote to pass a bill that increases the maximum annual contribution parents can make to tax-free education accounts.

Vote to pass a bill that lowers interest rates on student loans under the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) and Direct Loan (DL) programs, and to make other adjustments.

You really need to post the links to each bill you bring up. When you read them you will find all sorts of poison pills inside.

Really? To make such a claim, perhaps you could provide a few examples yourself?

36 no votes
3 no present votes

he voted Yes only 4 times under Obama, and 14 nos (during bush he has 22 opportunities and voted yes 13)
partisan: yes, and he still have voted no/not present over half the time on education bills. not exactly education friends. many of the bills he also voted against were still passed.

major NO votes:

Vote to pass a bill that makes changes to regulations regarding student costs for attending colleges, relationships between colleges and lenders, and student aid.

Vote to adopt an amendment to HR 2642 that provides education funding for eligible members of the Armed Forces, extends unemployment compensation, establishes moratoria on certain actions regarding Medicaid, and appropriates funds for various domestic and international purposes.

Vote to pass a bill that would allow states to use certain funds designated for elementary and secondary education to provide scholarships or vouchers for children of low-income families to attend private schools of their choosing

Vote to pass a bill that increases the maximum annual contribution parents can make to tax-free education accounts.

Vote to pass a bill that lowers interest rates on student loans under the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) and Direct Loan (DL) programs, and to make other adjustments.

You really need to post the links to each bill you bring up. When you read them you will find all sorts of poison pills inside.

Really? To make such a claim, perhaps you could provide a few examples yourself?

Guess not.

36 no votes
3 no present votes

major NO votes:

if you actually go to the think i posted, it breaks down every bill and what was in it. but im sure you didnt even go to the website at all.

He's played the partisian game all along. If a republican POTUS was for it, it all likelihood so was he. If a Dem POTUS was for it, in all likelihood he was against it. If a republican idea was proposed by a republican, he was for it. If a republican idea was proposed by a democrat, he was against it.

Probably the only non-partisians in the entire congress are the people referred to as blue dog democrats.

Boehner is the Jimmy Swaggart of Congress.

Either that or he's a nutcase.

Con cries = its wonderful

Dem smiles= its evil

That's why they call it an evil grin....

Bottom line is simple to understand...well, at least it SHOULD be easy to understand, but apparently not for some...

John Boehner has what many others apparently don't have.....passion for his position... conviction for his task...loyalty to his country...and an understanding of what it means to struggle to get to the point where he can prove all three.

He's proud of his nation and saddened by it's decline. He's not one to take his obligation to his constituents, or the country as a whole, lightly. If more of our congressmen were like John Boehner...not afraid to show emotion and felt it was a testiment to their passion for what they have been elected to do, rather than a sign of weakness, I can only imagine what a better place this country could and would be.

Boehner is the Jimmy Swaggart of Congress.

Either that or he's a nutcase.

And your the Forrest Gump of USMB.

Either that or you're a moron....wait...I should apologize to Forrest.

Last edited:
Common Sense wrote:

This is funny coming from you.

Indeed I do, as many of those wealthy are small business owners, absolutely critical to our economy and its recovery, a line that HAD to be drawn, yes, despite doing something which I'm sure would have pained him, raising taxes on the middle class, CUZ HE WAS ONE FOR A WHILE, and knows what's it's like, so do I, even worse. You cannot possibly delve into his mind to prove otherwise, so go somewhere else with that tired, lefty, class war BS please.

see your problem is that you dont do any research. the average small business owner makes well under $250k annually. thus this would not have affected them

PayScale - Owner / Operator, Small Business Salary, Average Salaries

one again you fail.

Really? Like these small business owners?
The average annual revenue of a small business is $3.6 million; The average annual revenue of a small business with a website is $5.03 million .

Smallbusinessfacts.com - Facts and Statistics About Small Business: Part of the SMBTN™ Network

That's just ONE example, I can find more. LOL I suppose I fail to understand how someone who's name is "common sense" can cast such a huge blanket over a subject very specific.:lol:

As I said, there are many small business owners who DO make that much or more, along with those you showed.

Hurting ANY small business like that with tax hikes obviously hurts net income, hiring, etc. Our economy IS too weak for afford ANY tax hikes right now.

Now let's return to your asinine desire too see success punished shall we? This is a nation propelled to greatness by greed, the bottom line, etc. Raising taxes on even the rich discourages them from buying alot, from stimulating any sector of the economy with their $, which is needed in our fragile state. This is common knowledge, but since you can't see past your unAmerican, silly, obsession with class warfare, you can see this COMMON SENSE.:lol:

Don't test me dude. I'm the political/ideological mainstream of this great nation, you're much closer to freakish minority. This is also why you're on my pwned list.

You know what the term "revenue" refers to right? Revenue=how much a business receives from goods and services, BEFORE SUBTRACTING EXPENSES. Period. This means while you're numbers of $3.6million, and $5.03 may be right, and quite frankly I have no reason to doubt those numbers-that's NOT equal to how much the owner(s) of the company makes.

You have to factor in employee salaries (HUGE expense), cost to manufacture goods/services, utilities, any cost that may go into the company. So in reality the amount of money a small business owner makes is MUCH less than $3.6million, or $5.03.

I happen to agree that the tax-cuts should be expanded, but your reasoning is totally flawed. A simple Google search of what the term revenue means would have given you the flaw in your logic. Don't call other people out, and gloat when you're wrong on a fact-this isn't a political opinion you're citing here-it's a fact.

(as a side note-we all know that small businesses are hurting badly right now in the economy, so the very idea you'd think they're making $3-5million in profit a year is very laughable).

-brushes shoulders off-

NEXT!

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back