John Boehner To Campaign With Rich Iott, Candidate Who Dressed As SS Officer

Hey Madeline;

The Battle of Normandy was the largest sea based invasion in the history of human warfare. Was that a skirmish?

WWII was the largest war the world had ever seen. An conservative estimate of 50 million men, women, and children perished in that war and with a huge portion of them in Europe. So I would think you would want people to tell the story of how horrible and brutal that scar on human history is.

I would hope you would take your children to a WWII reenactment to show them visually, how horrible humans can be to one another. You can never let that story die and reenactment has a role to play in the telling of that story.

Quantum Windbag wrote:

They play at the battles that were fought, just like the Civil War reenactors do, which is why I posted the comparison and the video. They do not reenact the camps, they recreate the battles.
How? No WW II battle occurred on US soil except for Pearl Harbor. No small arms or hand to hand combat occurred, even in Europe, unless you include skirmishes. I just don't see how anyone can get a gaggle of his friends together and "play" Battle of Normandy.

How many civil war battles were fought in California?

RACW - Home

You do not need to be at the site of the actual battle to reenact it.

Okay, but where do they get the heavy artillery?

I don't especially care; it isn't as if I'm interested in this bizarre-o hobby. The real point here is, if you have a weird hobby and have been photographed doing it and you later run for public office, how can you be surprised when your opponent waves those photos around?

Ask and you shall receive Armor Page 1

British FV-432 Fully Armored Personnel Carrier

This is a real nice good looking and good running 432. It has new Paint, Tracks, Batteries, some spare parts including 1 Vision Block and more. It is powered by the Rolls Royce Engine. Top speed is about 35 MPH and it is driven by the 6 speed Alison Transmission, also has the original Gun mounts.
Price $45,000.00

HTF is it legal to own your own TANK? I am blown away, liebuster. Absolutely blown away.......if people have been playing "my tank can beat up your tank" in the US, I sure never heard of it.

Thankies for the link. Talk about learning something new every day!

:eek:

Last edited:
Its legal but i'm not sure if its legal to be functional firing one. If they are able to fire you need some $$$$$,alot of time, and alot of patience dealing with uncle same.

Most people don't know this but almost every citizen can buy a funtioning FULLY AUTOMATIC FIREARM. I could go down to the local class 3 dealer and start the process right now if I like. That is if i'm willing to pay $10,000, wait 6 months and have no problem with all the paperwork and BS from uncle sam

Hey Madeline;

The Battle of Normandy was the largest sea based invasion in the history of human warfare. Was that a skirmish?

WWII was the largest war the world had ever seen. An conservative estimate of 50 million men, women, and children perished in that war and with a huge portion of them in Europe. So I would think you would want people to tell the story of how horrible and brutal that scar on human history is.

I would hope you would take your children to a WWII reenactment to show them visually, how horrible humans can be to one another. You can never let that story die and reenactment has a role to play in the telling of that story.

Take kids to see a re-enactment? I have never even heard of a WW II re-enactment before. I'm not sure I would go (I hate war) but I feel suddenly as if there's this whole subculture around I have never noticed before. I've known about Civil War re-enacters forever. MY BFF's hubs does it.

Quantum Windbag wrote:

They play at the battles that were fought, just like the Civil War reenactors do, which is why I posted the comparison and the video. They do not reenact the camps, they recreate the battles.

How? No WW II battle occurred on US soil except for Pearl Harbor. No small arms or hand to hand combat occurred, even in Europe, unless you include skirmishes. I just don't see how anyone can get a gaggle of his friends together and "play" Battle of Normandy.

Umm yes it did. The japanese invaded and occupied for a time some of the Aleutian islands (Alaska), perhaps not technically a state, but ours. Was HI a state by WW2?

But again I cannot understand why any freedom loving American would want to play Nazi.

I would never vote for anyone who does either. Nor fully trust them. there is something fundamentally wrong with americans who like to paly Nazi.

Hey Madeline;

Take kids to see a re-enactment? I have never even heard of a WW II re-enactment before. I'm not sure I would go (I hate war) but I feel suddenly as if there's this whole subculture around I have never noticed before. I've known about Civil War re-enacters forever. MY BFF's hubs does it.

I would wait untill they are old enough to process what is going on. I wouldn't take a 5 year old to see it because they are not going to understand the significance of it. I have a deep appreciation for all things history especially war. It is one of the most horrific things in the world but out of the ashes and death, thousands of new inventions and ideas arise from it and generally make life a little better for the people who endured it. Is it an equal trade off? Most would not agree including me. The world was changed like no other time after WWII and to understand how we got there is as important as where we are now...

But again I cannot understand why any freedom loving American would want to play Nazi.

I would never vote for anyone who does either. Nor fully trust them. there is something fundamentally wrong with americans who like to paly Nazi.

He likes to reenact WWII, not play Nazi. Someone has to be on the losing side to make the reenactment accurate. Or do you think they should ignore the fact that Nazi's existed, like liberals prefer to do?

liebuster wrote:

I would wait untill they are old enough to process what is going on. I wouldn't take a 5 year old to see it because they are not going to understand the significance of it. I have a deep appreciation for all things history especially war. It is one of the most horrific things in the world but out of the ashes and death, thousands of new inventions and ideas arise from it and generally make life a little better for the people who endured it. Is it an equal trade off? Most would not agree including me. The world was changed like no other time after WWII and to understand how we got there is as important as where we are now...

We do agree on the value history should have and does not in many families. I made my kidlet work on projects above and beyond her assignments all through school and these days, I can see that paying off in how perceptive she is.

How exactly does one re-enact a Waffen SS officer's role in WW II? Do you get all your Jewish friends together and play "Death Camp"?

How does one reenact the Battle of Gettysburg? Do they get all the people together to be shot?

Don't be obtuse, Quantum Windbag. It is a fair question. Warfare was vastly different in those two conflicts; how the hell much hand to hand combat did you think most Waffen SS officers engaged in?

I still would like a real reply, in the event anyone knows:

What do Nazi re-enactors playact at, exactly?

Ya know, instead of talking out of your ass (again) and making yourself possibly the most ridiculous board member here, why not check out web sites that discuss re-enactments. The same guy appeared in WWI U.S. Ranger uniform and a few dozen others.
Bringing this old story back up shows the stupidity and desperation of the Dems to find something--anything--to distract from their dismal record of governance.

The Rabbi wrote:

Ya know, instead of talking out of your ass (again) and making yourself possibly the most ridiculous board member here, why not check out web sites that discuss re-enactments. The same guy appeared in WWI U.S. Ranger uniform and a few dozen others.
Bringing this old story back up shows the stupidity and desperation of the Dems to find something--anything--to distract from their dismal record of governance.

Too late, liebuster already explained how a WW II re-enactment is arranged. And for your fucking information, my little pretend Jewish aggravation poster, I am a Republican.

How does one reenact the Battle of Gettysburg? Do they get all the people together to be shot?

Don't be obtuse, Quantum Windbag. It is a fair question. Warfare was vastly different in those two conflicts; how the hell much hand to hand combat did you think most Waffen SS officers engaged in?

There is absolutely no point using logic with the moronic, Quant. It's above their intellectual pay grade.

The Rabbi wrote:

Too late, liebuster already explained how a WW II re-enactment is arranged. And for your fucking information, my little pretend Jewish aggravation poster, I am a Republican.

In the same way that Joke Dorkey is a Republican.... ie, you have no fucking clue what a Republican is. Do us a favor, go Democrat.

He likes to reenact WWII, not play Nazi. Someone has to be on the losing side to make the reenactment accurate. Or do you think they should ignore the fact that Nazi's existed, like liberals prefer to do?

this has been discussed in length before.

according to iott's "reenactment group" the waffen ss was the good side. not the bad side.

they fought for their loved ones, and for freedom, and against bolshevism.

"we salute these idealists".

so cut the crap.

There is absolutely no point using logic with the moronic, Quant. It's above their intellectual pay grade.

When you repeatedly resort to insults thats when we know you're losing and you're wrong.

Boehner's seat is not in trouble. He has everything to gain and nothing to lose by helping out a fellow Ohio Republican.

I'm in Ohio but Iott is not running from my District. I have already voted, and my guy is almost certainly going to lose to a Democrat with some very odd ideas. I mean ODD, not just liberal. Kucinich thinks little green men from Mars have spoken to him. Poor Bocherri; he is a solid candidate but people in Ohio tend to stick by those whose names they know....even if they only know them from a bad incident.

Iott is running against an incumbent Democrat and is not expected to win.

*Shakes head*

Skeleton Closet - Kucinich, The Dark Side

They stick with Kucinich because he is an activist, very smart and very Liberal. I don't know about the green men, he was asked about it in debate in 2008 but I suspect the comment was taken out of context.

Believe me, Kucinich is the best deal you have going in Cleveland.

When you repeatedly resort to insults thats when we know you're losing and you're wrong.

On the day you post something that's worth discussing, I'll stop insulting and discuss it. As usual, your hysteria, ranting and 'hatred' get in the way of your ability to think. Anyone - of any political persuasion - who shows no ability to think for themselves deserves to be insulted.

That is you.

Moron.

Forum List

Back