John Boehner Cannot Make People Love Mitt Romney

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Oh my, not much of an endorsement from the speaker.

John Boehner Cannot Make People Love Mitt Romney -- Daily Intel

According to a report by Roll Call, John Boehner recently offered up a "surprisingly frank assessment" of the Republican nominee's nonexistent cult of personality. During a question-and-answer session following a fund-raiser in Wheeling, West Virginia, last week, an unidentified woman made this heartbreaking plea to the Speaker of the House: "Can you make me love Mitt Romney?" The answer was no. Apparently, no mere mortal has that kind of power.
“No,” Boehner said. “Listen, we’re just politicians. I wasn’t elected to play God. The American people probably aren’t going to fall in love with Mitt Romney. I’ll tell you this: 95 percent of the people that show up to vote in November are going to show up in that voting booth, and they are going to vote for or against Barack Obama.
“Mitt Romney has some friends, relatives and fellow Mormons ... some people that are going to vote for him. But that’s not what this election is about. This election is going to be a referendum on the president’s failed economic policies.
<more>

Mitts a flip flopping twit & everyone knows . Come the debates this clown gets laughed off the stage simple as that .

This election is about who would be the better leader of our country. We have a president with a 3 and a half year record against a candidaate who has a successful career in business, economics, a governor of Massachusetts and has demonstrated leadership in many CEO positions.

We don't have to love a president, we have to believe in him and that he will appoint the right people to hold cabinet positions , important Departments in the government and guide the country in the right direction. He has to command respect around the world and within the US and bring our country together.

We have to choose between these two candidates and decide which one is best likely to commit his labors to those demands.

Mitts a flip flopping twit & everyone knows . Come the debates this clown gets laughed off the stage simple as that .

Who is "everybody"? The people around your dinner table? You certainly don't speak for me or ANYBODY else, except for your fellow Obamanista lemmings.

Who is "everybody"? The people around your dinner table? You certainly don't speak for me or ANYBODY else, except for your fellow Obamanista lemmings.

Ha ha mittens is a joke being played on the GOP & he is clowning them all . Not you or none of your fellow right wingers would give this flip flopping sound clown the time of day now all the sudden he is fucking Ronnie ray gun the rights mythical hero . :lol.:

John Boehner Cannot Make People Love Mitt Romney

John Boehner cannot make people love John Boehner.

“No,” Boehner said. “Listen, we’re just politicians. I wasn’t elected to play God. The American people probably aren’t going to fall in love with Mitt Romney. I’ll tell you this: 95 percent of the people that show up to vote in November are going to show up in that voting booth, and they are going to vote for or against Barack Obama.

Actually, most voters will be voting against Mitt Romney.

Anybody ever teach radical political junkies that it's not necessary to love the president? Emotion and left wing hysterics probably accounts for a lot of the problems we have been living with in the last 3 1/2 years.

This election is about who would be the better leader of our country. We have a president with a 3 and a half year record against a candidaate who has a successful career in business, economics, a governor of Massachusetts and has demonstrated leadership in many CEO positions.

We don't have to love a president, we have to believe in him and that he will appoint the right people to hold cabinet positions , important Departments in the government and guide the country in the right direction. He has to command respect around the world and within the US and bring our country together.

We have to choose between these two candidates and decide which one is best likely to commit his labors to those demands.

You mean we have a President with a 3 1/2 year record who has sustained steady job growth for the past 28 months, who killed OBL, and kept GM alive who is running against a vulture capitalist who shipped jobs overseas, and while governor of MA instituted an individual mandate for health care as well as raised taxes REPEATEDLY on the citizens of MA.

Oh yeah..........and there was that whole shipping jobs to India while governor as well.

Anybody ever teach radical political junkies that it's not necessary to love the president? Emotion and left wing hysterics probably accounts for a lot of the problems we have been living with in the last 3 1/2 years.

rad·i·cal
&#8194; &#8194;[rad-i-kuhl] Show IPA

adjective
of or going to the root or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.

thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms: a radical change in the policy of a company.

favoring drastic political, economic, or social reforms: radical ideas; radical and anarchistic ideologues.

forming a basis or foundation.

existing inherently in a thing or person: radical defects of character.

Nothing about President Barack Obama has been "radical" in terms of an American President except for his skin color.

He's alot less radical then Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

You guys really should stop changing, divorcing or adding meaning to words in the English language.

It makes communication impossible.

You mean we have a President with a 3 1/2 year record who has sustained steady job growth for the past 28 months, who killed OBL, and kept GM alive who is running against a vulture capitalist who shipped jobs overseas, and while governor of MA instituted an individual mandate for health care as well as raised taxes REPEATEDLY on the citizens of MA.

Oh yeah..........and there was that whole shipping jobs to India while governor as well.

After being elected governor of Mass, he's lost just about everything he's run for..

And he's not going to win that state in the election.

That's pretty telling.

Boehner knows Romney’s going to lose, the Speaker is a lot of things but he’s not a stupid rightist ideologue.

It’s the stupid rightist ideologues who incorrectly infer most Americans hate Obama as intensely as they. Most partisan conservatives are blind to the fact Romney is a poor candidate and unfit to be president. A majority of voters don’t suffer from the same blindness.

According to a report by Roll Call, John Boehner recently offered up a "surprisingly frank assessment" of the Republican nominee's nonexistent cult of personality. During a question-and-answer session following a fund-raiser in Wheeling, West Virginia, last week, an unidentified woman made this heartbreaking plea to the Speaker of the House: "Can you make me love Mitt Romney?" The answer was no. Apparently, no mere mortal has that kind of power.
“Mitt Romney has some friends, relatives and fellow Mormons ... some people that are going to vote for him. But that’s not what this election is about. This election is going to be a referendum on the president’s failed economic policies.
<more>

Why would there be a "cult of personality" for Romney? Republicans aren't Democrats, they don't blindly love and follow the appointed leader of the party.

He is absolutely right, most people who go to vote this November will be there to vote against Obama's record and policies. All elections with an incumbent are referrendums on that incumbent.

I don't have to have "touchy feely" emotions for any candidate. I do have to have a feeling of "trust" in a candidate, to at least TRY to do as he or she can to represent their constituents and the legislation, as he/she interprets that, which are set forth in the Constitution of the United States of America.

<more>

Why would there be a "cult of personality" for Romney? Republicans aren't Democrats, they don't blindly love and follow the appointed leader of the party.

He is absolutely right, most people who go to vote this November will be there to vote against Obama's record and policies. All elections with an incumbent are referrendums on that incumbent.

You're right...................Republicans only blindly follow Rush Limbaugh.

&#8220;No,&#8221; Boehner said. &#8220;Listen, we&#8217;re just politicians. I wasn&#8217;t elected to play God. The American people probably aren&#8217;t going to fall in love with Mitt Romney. I&#8217;ll tell you this: 95 percent of the people that show up to vote in November are going to show up in that voting booth, and they are going to vote for or against Barack Obama.
&#8220;Mitt Romney has some friends, relatives and fellow Mormons ... some people that are going to vote for him. But that&#8217;s not what this election is about. This election is going to be a referendum on the president&#8217;s failed economic policies.
<more>

That's exactly what republicans do.

He's right. He cant make anyone love Romney. No one can make someone else love someone.

But thankfully, we aren't looking for a date. Just a competant leader we can trust, but verify.

<more>

That's exactly what republicans do.

But republicans only do it if Limbaugh tells them to. The cult of personality in the GOP is with Limbaugh, Hannity and the FAUX Nooze team.

Forum List

Back