John Boehner and Republicans want YOU to pick up BP's Tab

Pick up BPs Tab?

HELL NO you can't!

No man! I love the GOP position! The old "screw the little guy" mentality is finally coming out. I think it is the right call and will certainly make the GOP totally irrelevant. I hope they keep beating the drums for their oil buddies. To think, they want a company that is owned on another continent to be bailed out by US Tax Payers. I think it is a great move and they should make it part of their national platform.:clap2:

funny,, you don't mind screwing over the taxpayer when it comes to funding the hordes of illegals, you know why? you want their vote.. what a damn hypocrite you are.

Pick up BPs Tab?

HELL NO you can't!

No man! I love the GOP position! The old "screw the little guy" mentality is finally coming out. I think it is the right call and will certainly make the GOP totally irrelevant. I hope they keep beating the drums for their oil buddies. To think, they want a company that is owned on another continent to be bailed out by US Tax Payers. I think it is a great move and they should make it part of their national platform.:clap2:

Hey asshole....exactly where did the GOP say they want to bail out BP?

Do you know anything about the law? Are you aware that BP, by law, is only obligated to pay 75 million? A law spurned by the Valdez accident and signed into law by clinton several years later?

Unlike the Dems that want you to believe they can "kick ass" and make BP pay, the GOP is more practical in this situation saying "we better start cleaning up this mess before it has consequences we can not control"

You are so knee deep in believing Obama is a savior you are clueless to what BP's legal responsibility is.

Bail out BP? The GOP could give 2 shits about BP.

The GOP is just being practical here knowing dam well BP will cut and run if it wants...and it can.

Go ask your president to be honest with you ONE TIME

PATHETIC!

Uh...did you even bother to read this? He clearly said "BP and the Federal government".

Considering that the Feds have collected an 8 cent per barrel tax to cover the costs of oil spill disasters (for a cumulative amount to date of $1.5B) - why shouldn't the Feds spend some of the money collected to cover the costs of oil spills on an actual oil spill?

We have Already Picked Up The Tab - which the Feds are bogarting.

Which part of oil spill isn't BP responsible for?

Pick up BPs Tab?

HELL NO you can't!

Do you know anything about the law? Are you aware that BP, by law, is only obligated to pay 75 million? A law spurned by the Valdez accident and signed into law by clinton several years later?

Unlike the Dems that want you to believe they can "kick ass" and make BP pay, the GOP is more practical in this situation saying "we better start cleaning up this mess before it has consequences we can not control"

You are so knee deep in believing Obama is a savior you are clueless to what BP's legal responsibility is.

The GOP is just being practical here knowing dam well BP will cut and run if it wants...and it can.

PATHETIC!

That 75 million doesn't apply to clean up and doesn't apply if BP was negligent.

Pick up BPs Tab?

HELL NO you can't!

funny,, you don't mind screwing over the taxpayer when it comes to funding the hordes of illegals, you know why? you want their vote.. what a damn hypocrite you are.

Um, that would make you the hypocrite if you're supporting bailing out BP.

We don't know that yet - and it's cold comfort to allow the damage to continue while the Feds standby holding the $1.5B they've collected in taxes for oil disaster relief.

Try to keep up shitbrain:

Congress frees cleanup money for Gulf oil spill
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER (AP) – 1 hour ago

WASHINGTON — Congress is making more money available to the Coast Guard to pay for its response to the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

The bill that now goes to President Barack Obama removes the $100 million limit that the Coast Guard can spend on the spill from a government trust fund used to pay cleanup costs. The Coast Guard would run out of money to fight the spill next week if the spending cap is not lifted, said Rep. James Oberstar, D-Minn., chairman of the House transportation committee.

Lawmakers said the federal government will require BP to reimburse the Coast Guard's expenses, but the service needs congressional authority to spend more than $100 million on the largest oil spill in U.S. history.

The Associated Press: Congress frees cleanup money for Gulf oil spill

PATHETIC!

That 75 million doesn't apply to clean up and doesn't apply if BP was negligent.

It applies to any loss of income caused by the spill. That is all they are responsible for by law. .After the 75 million they do not need to pay the workers who cant work, the fisherman who cant fish.
Obama has no ass to kick as there is no ass he can legally kick. ANd off the record, with those chicken arms and legs, there is likely no ass he can kick if he was legally allowed to...but I digress.
BP is not legally responsible for clean up. They are morally responsible for clean up ONLY.

So you think they willdo the best job? No way. They will do the bare minimum.

We the traxpayer will need to foot the bill for a stellar cleanup.

And THAT is what the GOP is sayingt.

I know...God forbid if a politician is honest with the people. Look what happens when he is. People take whaT he says and spins it into "The GOP wants to bail out BP"

Yup, sounds like a good idea to me. This needs to be the GOP number one campaign promise. That is to use tax payer money to perform a "stellar cleanup" for a foreign oil company. It is the American Way!

Yup, sounds like a good idea to me. This needs to be the GOP number one campaign promise. That is to use tax payer money to perform a "stellar cleanup" for a foreign oil company. It is the American Way!

Good point. If the GOP were to actually function philosophically and politically the way the right on usmb does,

they'd have just about as many in the party as usmb has rightwingers.

What you are overlooking is this fact. The U.S. government is responsible to a degree....we gave BP the license and approved their drilling plan without an adequate back up plan for a disaster....hence...where we are today.

So, the state government is responsible to a degree for every car accident? After all, the state approves drivers' licenses. Hence, here we are today.

Uh...did you even bother to read this? He clearly said "BP and the Federal government".

Considering that the Feds have collected an 8 cent per barrel tax to cover the costs of oil spill disasters (for a cumulative amount to date of $1.5B) - why shouldn't the Feds spend some of the money collected to cover the costs of oil spills on an actual oil spill?

That money was spent 30 years ago on everything else, before they even collected it.

Riddle me this, bub.

If the government collects taxes for a specific purpose, shouldn't they then use that money for that (and only that) specific purpose? We've already paid for the clean up effort to the tune of $1.5B that the feds have collected over the years.

That money was spent 30 years ago on everything else, before they even collected it.

Well, yes. That's the dirty little secret they don't want to discuss. But the fact is they have collected $1.5B just for such a disaster as we are now experiencing. There is plenty of unspent Stimulus Pork that could be allocated to the Pretend Oil Disaster Clean Up Trust Fund.

What you are overlooking is this fact. The U.S. government is responsible to a degree....we gave BP the license and approved their drilling plan without an adequate back up plan for a disaster....hence...where we are today.

It warms the heart of liberals to hear conservatives argue that there wasn't enough regulation.

You're so smart!!! :clap2: Informed and spot on! :)

It warms the heart of liberals to hear conservatives argue that there wasn't enough regulation.

Ahem. Criticizing regulation for being badly managed doesn't equate with wanting more of it.

Ahem. Criticizing regulation for being badly managed doesn't equate with wanting more of it.

Yes it does. Lax regulation means less regulation. Conservatives ALWAYS clamor for less regulation.

Once again they've been proven wrong, which is why conservatism is dead.

You're so smart!!! :clap2: Informed and spot on! :)

Wrong. Already proven wrong below.

Pick up BPs Tab?

HELL NO you can't!

PATHETIC!

Do you know anything about the law? Are you aware that BP, by law, is only obligated to pay 75 million? A law spurned by the Valdez accident and signed into law by Clinton several years later?

True!!! Also, BP would have only been drilling in 500 feet of water instead of close to a 1000, because of President Clinton signing that into law. Accidents in 500 feet of water are much more readily correctable .

Donahue and Boner are corporatists.
Mussolini would be proud.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini

Forum List

Back