John Boehner adds lobbyist to staff

I remember Obama promising no lobbyists in his administration... last time I checked he had over 40... but I haven't read anything from the GOP making such a promise.

Instead of acting in a partisan manner, why not criticize the Republicans? I can easily criticize Obama for having lobbyists in his administration, better question is whether you can stop defending the Republicans for having lobbyists.

actually I am not sure it is, like it or not you are taking him to task it appears for doing something he never said he wouldn't. okay it blows, sure I wish he wouldn't but...?

the real issue is say; putting Rodgers in the appropriations chair instead of Flake. Now thats a criticism that is imho warranted and infinitely more important and speaks to the change ( no pun intended) the TP and others wanted to see....and that pisses me off.

partisan manner? Maybe try starting threads bashing democrats once in blue moon, instead of constantly bashing republicans?

pfeeesh, don't hold your breath.

Modbert is a FAR LEFT liberal dumb ass. He has stated he has no intention of ever calling the democrats or liberals to task because "someone else" will do that. What he meant is he has no problem with them doing everything he rails against the Conservatives and Republicans for. This is further proof. He demands we criticize OUR side while he absolutely REFUSES to EVER criticize his side.

I know that.
that is why I said, don't hold your breath:wink_2:

partisan manner? Maybe try starting threads bashing democrats once in blue moon, instead of constantly bashing republicans?

Except any topic that I find an article of interest on, there is already a thread on. No point in making a thread that's going to be merged anyway. It's not like I don't bash Democrats. I already said in this very thread that Obama is just as wrong as Boehner for the lobbyist issue.

There's also the fact that more recently I have turned to making more threads that happen to be non-political and a good amount of the threads I make that are political I don't participate much in. However, the non-political threads get ignored despite the fact that many of the issues are important.

I'll give some more recent examples:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...s-fbi-after-informant-infiltrates-mosque.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...ix-memory-problems-in-alzheimer-patients.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...he-ageing-process-in-mice-now-for-humans.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...les-leak-sparks-global-diplomatic-crisis.html

Game, set, and match, junior. Obama promised something and broke his promised. Boehner never promised anything of the sort so he broke no promise. "Changing things"="does not employ lobbyists" is only in your little mind. IT is nowhere logical from anything.
Sorry s0n, you've been pwnd.

It's pretty sad you think you can "win or lose" on an internet forum or think you "pwned" someone. Getting back to the point though, you have already shown you have a double standard. If Obama hadn't promised he'd get rid of lobbyists but filled his administration up with them, you and everybody else defending Boehner here would of been calling Obama to task about it.

Take the double standard elsewhere. It's pretty sad you allow your blatant partisanship to override any sensibility on a issue we should all be able to agree on.

Modbert is a FAR LEFT liberal dumb ass. He has stated he has no intention of ever calling the democrats or liberals to task because "someone else" will do that. What he meant is he has no problem with them doing everything he rails against the Conservatives and Republicans for. This is further proof. He demands we criticize OUR side while he absolutely REFUSES to EVER criticize his side.

RGS as always, misrepresenting what I'm saying. Once again, feel free to ignore the fact that in this very thread I've said several times that Obama is just as wrong as Boehner on this issue. Difference between the two of us is I'm willing to admit Obama is wrong while you're not willing to admit that Boehner is wrong. Though if I'm to expect any honesty in a discussion with you, I might as well go find a library to read because I'll be waiting a while.

As for my ideology stance, I'm far from being a far left Liberal. You seem to think anyone the left of Reagan is Far Left.

Game, set, and match, junior. Obama promised something and broke his promised. Boehner never promised anything of the sort so he broke no promise. "Changing things"="does not employ lobbyists" is only in your little mind. IT is nowhere logical from anything.
Sorry s0n, you've been pwnd.

It's pretty sad you think you can "win or lose" on an internet forum or think you "pwned" someone. Getting back to the point though, you have already shown you have a double standard. If Obama hadn't promised he'd get rid of lobbyists but filled his administration up with them, you and everybody else defending Boehner here would of been calling Obama to task about it.

Take the double standard elsewhere. It's pretty sad you allow your blatant partisanship to override any sensibility on a issue we should all be able to agree on.

No, you missed it.
There is no double standard here. Boehner acted perfectly appropriately, whatever you think of lobbyists. He never promised not to employ one.
Obama did promise not to employ them but did so anyway.
See the difference?

whats up modbert...this thread has been on the top and you've been on the board

is there a reason you can't answer such a simple question?

i'm trying to get to meltdown level

:lol:

tff how modbert can't answer a simple question....

Wrong, I've been online but I've been online doing other things. Not my fault I don't obsessively check threads on USMB 24/7 there Yurt.

As for the question did Obama bring change to Washington? For the most part, no, and that has been a huge disappointment for me so far. He's doing very much the same things the Bush Administration has done. I have no problem with answering such a question.

Wrong, I've been online but I've been online doing other things. Not my fault I don't obsessively check threads on USMB 24/7 there Yurt.

As for the question did Obama bring change to Washington? For the most part, no, and that has been a huge disappointment for me so far. He's doing very much the same things the Bush Administration has done. I have no problem with answering such a question.

you viewed this thread and ignored it

thanks for answering it though

lmao....so he keeps one thing the same, but it is your hack belief that this must mean nothing will change

:cuckoo:

If they're not willing to change the big things, why would they be willing to change the small ones?

first off...ASSumption...second off...i can't believe you think this a "big thing"...its not, who cares who is on his staff? if boenher wants to be in the pocket of lobbyist, having one on his staff won't change that one bit....

you're making a mountain of a mole hill
WOW what a flip-flop! CON$ go ballistic over everyone on Obama's staff, Rham Emanuel, Van Jones, Anita Dunn, Valerie Jarrett, etc., but don't care one iota who's on any Republican's staff.

The problem is the GOP promised in their "Pledge to Destroy America" that they would do away with the problem caused by the fact that "The most important decisions are made behind closed doors, where a flurry of backroom deals has supplanted the will of the people. It’s time to do away with the old politics: that much is clear."

Having a lobbyist on his staff makes staff meetings into closed door decision making. Backroom deals will now be made at staff meetings. How convenient!

Last edited:
If they're not willing to change the big things, why would they be willing to change the small ones?

first off...ASSumption...second off...i can't believe you think this a "big thing"...its not, who cares who is on his staff? if boenher wants to be in the pocket of lobbyist, having one on his staff won't change that one bit....

you're making a mountain of a mole hill
WOW what a flip-flop! CON$ go ballistic over everyone on Obama's staff, Rham Emanuel, Van Jones, Anita Dunn, Valerie Jarrett, etc., but don't care one iota who's on any Republican's staff.

The problem is the GOP promised in their "Pledge to Destroy America" that they would do away with the problem caused by the fact that "The most important decisions are made behind closed doors, where a flurry of backroom deals has supplanted the will of the people. It’s time to do away with the old politics: that much is clear."

Having a lobbyist on his staff makes staff meetings into closed door decision making. Backroom deals will now be made at staff meetings. How convenient!
Um, Obama is the POTUS. Boehner is merely Speaker to be. See the difference?
No one has gone ballistic over Obama's staff, except in the case of Jones who is an admitted communist. Please cite where anyone had a problem with Obama appointing these people.
You are aware that once the man gets hired he is no longer a lobbyist, right? He is merely a staffer for Boehner, like any other. Albeit he has more knowledge of his particular area than a lot of other people, including everyone on Obama's staff.
So once again, Edthemoron proves why he is among the most contemptible of posters here.

Forum List

Back