John and Elizabeth Edwards Legally Separated

a little bitter there dd?

it will be interesting to see how this plays out....will he just give her the money and go...he, after all, can make more...or will he stall....

he has no political future so there is nothing in it for him to act like a decent human being

Only bitter that an honorable man has to pay an adulterous skank succubus and suffer with only seeing his kids 7 out of 14 days..... bitter that the bitch is not in my life or in my house with her dishonorable actions? Nope... more happy to have her out of my life than how I was with her in it when she started her affair

nice use of succubus....you pay child support? or alimony?

a little bitter there dd?

it will be interesting to see how this plays out....will he just give her the money and go...he, after all, can make more...or will he stall....

he has no political future so there is nothing in it for him to act like a decent human being

Only bitter that an honorable man has to pay an adulterous skank succubus and suffer with only seeing his kids 7 out of 14 days..... bitter that the bitch is not in my life or in my house with her dishonorable actions? Nope... more happy to have her out of my life than how I was with her in it when she started her affair

Child support, even though (as stated before) I have them 50% of the time... I had to pay her off to not pay a monthly alimony, so I guess you could have considered it lump sum alimony??... oh, and I am preparing to take her to court to show the receipts of her spending the money on the kids or depositing it in savings for them... because it's a miracle how many toys she can buy for herself when only getting clothes at goodwill for the kids, and having them come to me to ask for things for them to take and have at her house... she sure as hell ain't spending $1200 a month on their clothes, food, activities (I end up having to pay for all sporting leagues, etc too), supplies, etc... but funny how she affords Apple Laptops, I-Phones, a brand new car cash, antique furniture, a personal 10 day all inclusive vacation, etc on a very small salary

:slap:

why does she want his money....she is dying...the only thing she can do now is protect the childrens future some how....i cant help but wonder what drove her to this...to choose to die alone...i wonder if that pig husband of hers has any remorse.....

I would choose to die alone with dignity than grovel...besides, who knows if he's run as soon as she's really sick anyways...like Gingrich did. What is it with men....seriously.

It's not 'men'. It's this man. It's not a good thing to paint with such a broad brush.

And Tiger Woods

And Bill Clinton

And Newt Gingrich

And John McCain

And so on and so forth

you pay 1200 a month? damn that is a good bit of coin....here it is rare for child support to go that high....and i think people (men and women) should be held accountable for how they spend it...some friends of mine who decided to just hate the fuck out of each other after having one child....agreed to put the money in a trust fund...and share custody. it is more a forced saving account for the kid....i think the parent who walks away should pay...and that if you split custody....you should only be paying for the extras...why should you have to pay her but men especially get forced into that...they have to pay...and if they want to see the kids..they have to pay and be happy...regardless..that is not fair...good luck with all that...

I feel sorry for her, but I also think she needed way back when to be a bit more responsible.

She should have put the boots made for walkin' on a long time ago. She enabled him, which is why he got so far.

Edwards made his money in a really scummy way. She should make sure her kids are provided for, and pass the rest off to Children's charities.

In a choice between dying alone and remaining with a lying adulterous scumbag piece of shit... I'll take dying alone

As for why would she want it... simply so that dishonorable fuck does not have it, and leave it SOLELY for the kids in a trust fund where he cannot touch it

you are right that is really the only way to protect the money for the kids....her ripping his guts out and taking as much as she can...but he knows she has a time limit...he will stall until she dies...

it would be hard to take the option of dying alone....i am sorry...perhaps that makes me weak and perhaps she does truly love him...

And you think he wouldn't leave money for the kids, why? Afterall, they are his kids too! You can't equate a person's loyalty, or lack there of, in a marriage, with that's person willingness to provide for his/her kids after the m marriage is over............especially if one of the marriage partners die.

Fathers (and mothers) ditch their kids all the time.

I've been cheated on and I got the divorce because of it... I would sooner die alone that have that adulterous fucking bitch back in my life

Unfortunately for me... even with her actions.... and that I live in one of the uber-liberal states... she is still able to extract monies from me, because of how the laws are written.... and even though I have my kids exactly 50% of the time, and she was caught in an adulterous affair, I still have to pay HER...

I have my kids and a great group of friends.... the only way I will die alone is if I succumb to a freak accident away from all people....

fault has almost zero effect on property distribution or child support. why should it. it's half the other person's property and kids need to be taken care of.

i'm not sure though why either of you would be paying child support if custody is split exactly 50-50. seems it should be a wash.... unless where you aer the law requires that they be maintained in the circumstances they're used to and there's a big difference in your incomes.

but that's not your kids' fault.

Child support, even though (as stated before) I have them 50% of the time... I had to pay her off to not pay a monthly alimony, so I guess you could have considered it lump sum alimony??... oh, and I am preparing to take her to court to show the receipts of her spending the money on the kids or depositing it in savings for them... because it's a miracle how many toys she can buy for herself when only getting clothes at goodwill for the kids, and having them come to me to ask for things for them to take and have at her house... she sure as hell ain't spending $1200 a month on their clothes, food, activities (I end up having to pay for all sporting leagues, etc too), supplies, etc... but funny how she affords Apple Laptops, I-Phones, a brand new car cash, antique furniture, a personal 10 day all inclusive vacation, etc on a very small salary

Yeah. I'd take her to court to force her to prove the money went to the kids, Dave.

Hopefully she takes him for every penny

why does she want his money....she is dying...the only thing she can do now is protect the childrens future some how....i cant help but wonder what drove her to this...to choose to die alone...i wonder if that pig husband of hers has any remorse.....

why on earth do you think the last thing she wants to see on this earth is that wandering dick who lied and betrayed her?

I would choose to die alone with dignity than grovel...besides, who knows if he's run as soon as she's really sick anyways...like Gingrich did. What is it with men....seriously.

what do you mean "if" the prick already has... you ain't never been sick til you've had chemo.

I really don't think this will last unless it is what he wants. I feel his wife needs and wants him home with her. Too bad he will suffer from having this affair. Glad the little girl is ok.

Probably to stick it to him. That's obviously what he loves the most. And it would be poetic in a way to watch a medical malpractice lawyer to lose his money to his dying wife. She could donate it to charity or put it in a trust for the kids that he cant touch.

Forum List

Back