John and Elizabeth Edwards defend decision to run

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
John and Elizabeth Edwards defend decision to run

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Democratic presidential contender John Edwards and his cancer-stricken wife Elizabeth defended their decision to continue his White House bid Sunday, but the former senator said voters' questions about the decision to keep running are legitimate.

"I think every single candidate for President, Republican and Democratic have lives, personal lives, that indicate something about what kind of human being they are. And I think it is a fair evaluation for America to engage in, to look at what kind of human beings each of us are, and what kind of president we'd make," Edwards, the party's 2004 vice-presidential nominee, told CBS' "60 Minutes."

Elizabeth Edwards was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of the 2004 campaign and underwent surgery and chemotherapy. But Thursday, the couple disclosed the cancer had spread to her bones -- a condition doctors described as incurable, but treatable. (Full story)

John Edwards said he and his wife decided together to go forward with his campaign, and that he was in the race "for the duration."

"We have every reason to be optimistic right now," John Edwards told CBS. "I believe in my heart and soul that Elizabeth is going to do well. I do believe that. She will be out there campaigning with me, and separately."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/25/edwards.campaign/index.html

Anbody else get the feeling that Edwards is gonna try to get elected on sympathy?

Forum List

Back