John Adams

Oh yes I do believe in limited Constitutional government. See, this issue was brought up because your party, the GOP, turned their backs on Katina victims. Keep in mind a year before they rolled out the red carpet when Jeb's state got demolished. I wish I had the list of what the Federal Government sent to Florida vs. what they sent to help the poor people in NO.

So your party is all for limited government power/responsibility when it's to help us, but when it's to help their buddies on wallstreet, they are for BIG GOVERNMENT beurocracy.

So this argument you keep having with me about personal responsibility and the governments role in our lives, are just responses to your party fucking up. It's their MO. They fuck up and spin it so that it is not their fault. Or they change the subject. Attack your accusers. Make it so no one else will ever challange you for fear that you'll run their name into the ground too.

Accuse me of not taking personal responsibility. When I bitch because the government is fucking us, say i'm a whiner, but here you are saying that the Democrats are going to fuck us. But the GOP never fucked us?

Something in your chemical make up/genes makes you conservative. Something makes me liberal.

I might be easily suckered into giving money to people who don't deserve it, but you are suckered into giving your money to people who don't need it.

So stop with all the personal responsibility crap. I'm taking responsibility. I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. So are the rest of us. So are you. And we've tightened up our purse strings. Notice the crappy holiday numbers so far?

All the tax breaks and companies are still not hiring?

How's business?

The rich are even getting fucked. There is no good place for them to put their money right now. Have you heard rich people are buying 10 year government bonds at zero percent interest? What did they do wrong?

Have you heard many people would like to make a move, only they can't because they can't sell their homes right now.

Time for you to realize massa was abusing you. Help is here though. Just 26 days away. Hold on. Then you will see what the Governments role is.

No, you do not believe in limited Constitutional government. You believe that government is supposed to take care of you from cradle to grave and bail you out if you come into any financial trouble. Problem is, that gives more power to the government and is no where in the Constitution.

As for the rest of your argument, it's based on the false premise that I'm a Republican. I am not, and I have told you this many times before. You are simply too dense to get the message.

No, you do not believe in limited Constitutional government. You believe that government is supposed to take care of you from cradle to grave and bail you out if you come into any financial trouble. Problem is, that gives more power to the government and is no where in the Constitution.

As for the rest of your argument, it's based on the false premise that I'm a Republican. I am not, and I have told you this many times before. You are simply too dense to get the message.

I don't care if you are a Libertarian, I still don't like your approach/ideas/phylosophies. Just like Adams & Jefferson didn't agree. Now IMO, you are Jefferson. LOL.

Yes I do believe in limited Constitutional government. I'm not an extremist like you, but I certainly don't think I'm for growing the government. I'm like Obama. I want the government to do what I think it is supposed to do. As liberals, we think the governments role is different than what you think. But you think your way is going to lower costs. In fact, your way costs us more. Look at how much Bush spent on military. Under normal circumstances, you would see that Obama would spend much less, but because Bush spent on the top 1%, now Obama has to fix up the rest of America. That's going to be expensive. Or do you not think it is the government's job to make sure people are working? Because that's where you are a radical.

You want to stop companies from pollutiong or keep government out of it?

Do you want the corporations to pay their fair share or do you want to continue on with letting them dodge paying taxes?

I understand that you would rather get the government to spend less and continue allowing the corporations to not pay any more than they pay now in taxes, plus give us all tax breaks. I understand in a perfect world that would be great!

You Libertarians don't even have a good leader. Bob Barr? So why should we listen to you? And sorry I mistake you and Bob Barr for being Republicans. You sure act/walk/talk like Republicans.

I always thought the letters between Abigail and John were most interesting. Abigail certainly shows herself to be one of the pioneers of feminism in the US. We went through a series of them in American Political Thought class in college.

Also, the letters between Jefferson and Adams in their later years were very interesting as they both watched what the country turned into. Their comments were also interesting from a North/South and City/Country point of view.

Since nobody has mentioned it on this thread, I will. One of the greatest ironies in American history, both Adams and Jefferson died on the same day (July 4, 1826). Jefferson's last words, "At least Adams survives."

Abigail was the bomb! The kind of woman every man needs. Yes she did make a difference for women in America.

I like when she was afraid she wouldn't fit in but went to France or England and saw plays for the first time in her life and fell in love with it. Can you imagine living in 1800 America? No plays, theater, no Hollywood, no movie theaters, tv, radio, internet, electricity, running water and then go to France or England and see the most famous plays and art in the world?

I love history.

Since nobody has mentioned it on this thread, I will. One of the greatest ironies in American history, both Adams and Jefferson died on the same day (July 4, 1826). Jefferson's last words, "At least Adams survives."

It is recorded that John Adams last words were: "Thomas Jefferson still survives."

It is recorded that Thomas Jeffersons last words were: "Is it the fourth?"

Ironically, Thomas Jefferson died four hours earlier than John Adams.

I don't care if you are a Libertarian, I still don't like your approach/ideas/phylosophies. Just like Adams & Jefferson didn't agree. Now IMO, you are Jefferson. LOL.

Yes I do believe in limited Constitutional government. I'm not an extremist like you, but I certainly don't think I'm for growing the government. I'm like Obama. I want the government to do what I think it is supposed to do. As liberals, we think the governments role is different than what you think. But you think your way is going to lower costs. In fact, your way costs us more. Look at how much Bush spent on military. Under normal circumstances, you would see that Obama would spend much less, but because Bush spent on the top 1%, now Obama has to fix up the rest of America. That's going to be expensive. Or do you not think it is the government's job to make sure people are working? Because that's where you are a radical.

You want to stop companies from pollutiong or keep government out of it?

Do you want the corporations to pay their fair share or do you want to continue on with letting them dodge paying taxes?

I understand that you would rather get the government to spend less and continue allowing the corporations to not pay any more than they pay now in taxes, plus give us all tax breaks. I understand in a perfect world that would be great!

You Libertarians don't even have a good leader. Bob Barr? So why should we listen to you? And sorry I mistake you and Bob Barr for being Republicans. You sure act/walk/talk like Republicans.

At least your historically correct this time, but I am not Jefferson. I'm still Kevin.

As for you not caring that I'm a Libertarian, it doesn't matter what you care about. The fact is that there's a difference between conservatives and Libertarians, and until you recognize that fact you are going to be dead wrong on your assumptions about me. For example, I am not interested in growing the military any more than you are. Probably less to be honest. I want to bring all the troops home. From Iraq, Afghanistan, and the other 130 countries we're currently stationed in as well.

Well what you want the government to do would give the government more power, and is not within the scope of the Constitution. Therefore, you are not for a limited Constitutional government.

Bob Barr is not the leader of Libertarians. He was the Presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party. Libertarianism is much more than a political party, however. And lately the Libertarian Party has not been very representative of Libertarianism at all.

New Topics

Forum List

Back