Joel Osteen so popular because?

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
What a Bullshit artist, talking about very simple things, like Oh God is good, I witnessed a Miracle, someone had a Baby who thought they were too Old, or oh theres a Miracle a Swimming Pool was built.

Such tickets cost an average of 118 dollars.

Gee, what's so special.
No proof, no sort of real miracles.

Even if there are things that are "Nice" that he points out... As pointing towards some kind of God.
What about the Concentration Camps, the Gulags, the Famines, all the Ills of the World, what is that evidence of?

Because he's a surfer dude and his wife is a fox.

article-0-1190A0D9000005DC-49_634x712.jpg

And the jokes he tells at the beginning of his show are hilarious.

EX:

I was camping with a friend when a giant and hungry bear wandered into camp. I took off running with my friend. My friend says you can't outrun a bear. I said I know, I only need to outrun you.

Jesus and Satan were having a contest who was better on the computer. They worked all night on a contest. The day of the contest, the power went out. When it came back on, all of Satan's work was gone. Satan told God it wasn't fair because the power went out. God told Satan that's too bad. Jesus wins. Because "Jesus saves".

Sometimes I catch the beginning of his act because I think the jokes are funny. They are the best part.

What a Bullshit artist, talking about very simple things, like Oh God is good, I witnessed a Miracle, someone had a Baby who thought they were too Old, or oh theres a Miracle a Swimming Pool was built.

Gee, what's so special.

Even if there are things that are "Nice" that he points out... As pointing towards some kind of God.
What about the Concentration Camps, the Gulags, the Famines, all the Ills of the World, what is that evidence of?
Olsteen is indeed a rip-off artist and a huckster.

And he will be dealt with accordingly at Judgement.

He offers nothing but fluff. The only time he mentions the Bible is when he asks his congregation to meaninglessly raise their Bibles in the air in a chant.

• Banned
Satan

Then there's a lot more evidence of Satan, rather than God on the planet.

Miracles tend to be sparse, and Genocide deaths in the millions every few years, sometimes much more.

People have made a living parting fools from their money for all of human hostory. Osteen is very good at it.

EX:

I was camping with a friend when a giant and hungry bear wandered into camp. I took off running with my friend. My friend says you can't outrun a bear. I said I know, I only need to outrun you.

Jesus and Satan were having a contest who was better on the computer. They worked all night on a contest. The day of the contest, the power went out. When it came back on, all of Satan's work was gone. Satan told God it wasn't fair because the power went out. God told Satan that's too bad. Jesus wins. Because "Jesus saves".

Sometimes I catch the beginning of his act because I think the jokes are funny. They are the best part.

Those jokes were funny when I first heard them 10 years ago too.

EX:

What about this joke?

What kind of surfer hits the waves wearing a hat?

Joel Osteen.

But Community Organizers that extort money by cries of Racism are OK?

Gee, what's so special.

Olsteen is indeed a rip-off artist and a huckster.

And he will be dealt with accordingly at Judgement.

He offers nothing but fluff. The only time he mentions the Bible is when he asks his congregation to meaninglessly raise their Bibles in the air in a chant.
You nailed it.

He's read just enough to convince his followers. He's cotton candy feel good.

He never talks the God of the Bible's many horrific punishments.

It's all sweetwater taffy and cotton candy with him, but then, hey, he's a surfer dude. I lived in Santa Cruz for nearly five years. That's what being a surfer dude is all about.

6c360d133d0b5ede.jpg

EX:

What about this joke?

What kind of surfer hits the waves wearing a hat?

Joel Osteen.
One with a perm. Clearly.

If you are going to sell bullsh!t, at least sell something harmless. And I believe if someone is going to take drugs, better positive words than benadryl.

Forum List

Back