Joe Wilson, GOP hypocrite du jour

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
This is good...here's a guy that has government health care, calls it the world class, in fact...but he doesn't want his constituents to enjoy the same.
There's one other notable exception to Wilson's tough-on-government record: In July, when the health-insurance debate just started heating up, he offered an amendment that would exempt TRICARE from any system of employer mandates in a health-care bill. It's not clear whether this is necessary, since most such bills in Congress keep government benefits exempt from the rules as a matter of course. But Wilson took the opportunity to make his stand.
"As a 31-year Army Guard and Reserve veteran, I know the importance of TRICARE," he said in a press release. "The number of individuals who choose to enroll in TRICARE continues to rise because TRICARE is a low cost, comprehensive health plan that is portable and available in some form world-wide." He went on to call TRICARE "world class health care," concluding on a personal note. "I am grateful to have four sons now serving in the military, and I know that their families appreciate the availability of TRICARE," he said.

The Gaggle : Joe Wilson's Dirty Health-Care Secret

This is good...here's a guy that has government health care, calls it the world class, in fact...but he doesn't want his constituents to enjoy the same.
There's one other notable exception to Wilson's tough-on-government record: In July, when the health-insurance debate just started heating up, he offered an amendment that would exempt TRICARE from any system of employer mandates in a health-care bill. It's not clear whether this is necessary, since most such bills in Congress keep government benefits exempt from the rules as a matter of course. But Wilson took the opportunity to make his stand.
"As a 31-year Army Guard and Reserve veteran, I know the importance of TRICARE," he said in a press release. "The number of individuals who choose to enroll in TRICARE continues to rise because TRICARE is a low cost, comprehensive health plan that is portable and available in some form world-wide." He went on to call TRICARE "world class health care," concluding on a personal note. "I am grateful to have four sons now serving in the military, and I know that their families appreciate the availability of TRICARE," he said.

He probably pays taxes too unlike most demoncwats!

Wow....did you think that one up all by yourself? Fucking moron.

Yup there it is the standard Pub answer to the Healthcare debate.
Screw you I got mine!
What a Moron.

This sounds pretty sweet, it's the basic coverage (via Wikipedia).
TRICARE Standard

TRICARE Standard provides a similar benefit to the original CHAMPUS program. Under TRICARE Standard, beneficiaries can use any civilian health care provider that is payable under TRICARE regulations. The beneficiary is responsible for payment of an annual deductible and coinsurance, and may be responsible for certain other out-of-pocket expenses. There is no enrollment fee for TRICARE Standard.

I've got no problem paying for insurance as a benefit of military service but not giving it to everyone else basically means that the rest of us are unworthy.

Didn't you get the memo??
Democrats are exempt from paying taxes. We also get all kinds of stuff for free......free education, free housing, free food, free transportation
We also don't have to pay tolls or parking tickets

Sucks being a republican doesn't it?

[SIZE=+1]Wilson promised he'd be a dick and he kept his word[/SIZE]
Link
Excerpt:
On his Twitter feed Tuesday, Rep. Joe Wilson (R-Birther Handjob) wrote that at a parade he attended in NC, “many people called out to oppose Obamacare which I assured them would be relayed tomorrow to DC.” Wilson did indeed bring the August town hall boorishness to Washington when he shouted “you lie” at America's Commander in Chief on live TV during Wednesday night’s health care speech before Congress. Within 15 minutes after Obama wrapped up his remarks, Wilson’s website server had crashed and his Wikipedia page had been locked on account of “vandalism.” John McCain called Wilson’s behavior “totally disrespectful,” and joined a chorus of Democrats calling on Wilson to apologize. Wilson’s office soon followed with a statement expressing regret for the outburst. “This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks,” Wilson said. “While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I'm a piece of shit and now the whole world knows it and I extend apologies to the President for this lack of civility.”
wow-joe-wilson.jpg

Way to stay on the OP topic, WT! :clap2::clap2:

Democrats are exempt from paying taxes. We also get all kinds of stuff for free......free education, free housing, free food, free transportation

yes, I got the memo least you admit your a parasite.

Don't forget the free government cheese.

yes, I got the memo least you admit your a parasite.

Kindly make sense next time you post. TIA.

Willow thinks that people in government that mess up on their taxes should be booted out of government...unless their last name is Palin.

So basically whenever a Republican is exposed she says something about Dems and taxes.

It's her tacit approval of Wilson's hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back