Joe Williams accuses RW media of smear campaign

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Joe Williams, Suspended Politico Reporter, Blames Conservative Media Smear Campaign

Williams said that the right-wing outlets targeting him were nothing more than bullies.

"It's the schoolyard bully concept," he said, later adding, "They're in the business of gathering scalps. They're in the business of pushing independent organizations to their point of view or at least to having to react to their point of view."

He said that he expected the same outlets to further pound him after his interview with Press.

"I think the right has such an agenda here ... that it's impossible for this to be an isolated case," he said.

Press also asked Williams, who is African American, about a comment he made on Twitter saying that racism is "the secret sauce in the Politico s--tburger." Williams said that the tweet, which he made weeks before his Romney comments, had been mistakenly posted to his public feed, rather than in a direct message.

"Twitter is a medium that rewards ... lack of thought," he said. "I was in a very irritated place. I vented in a public place and that was a huge mistake." He later said, though, that Politico has "a lot of questions" to deal with in terms of its staff diversity.

I think he's got some growing up to do.

I'll admit it, I bullied William in the posting the "(racism is) the secret sauce in the Politico s--tburger." comment

What RW media? Last I saw ABC, NBC, CBS, NY Times, LA Times PBS, MSNBC, not to mention tax exempt propaganda sources like Media Matters, American Bridge and Huffington and all of Hollywood were all left wing. Is one fair and balanced network and a voice on the radio too much for the left to overcome?

Cliffs:
1. I f*cked up.
2. It's a Right Wing smear campaign.
3. Not enough Black People work here.

But he forgot to blame Bush! :D

I can't ever get too excited about someone getting fired for a racial vent. Not on Williams' side here, obviously, but...

People have strong feelings on race, and those feelings are rarely coming out of nowhere. Blacks of course have much more room to vent than whites, but one of the, ah, "benefits" of today is that even blacks can get smacked down for airing racial views.

We need to get this stuff out, not bottle it up. Whites enjoy Williams' suffering here because they know he's violating a taboo they could never.

White journalist thinks...

"Stupid ******, you can barely read and write, but you've got a job at Politico. Then you go bitch about your employer and how 'racist' they are. Wanna hear my bitch? Sit down, it'll take a while. Maybe we'll start with Jayson Blair and the New York Times, Janet Cooke and the Washington Post... If you think Politico is so racist, go work elsewhere, dumbshit. Give a white guy a shot at the job. You think you'd find work in AFRICA, you fucking dense ******? Or even cooked food? Shut your inflated lips."

Forum List

Back