Joe vs. the Latina - a twit forces a woman to give birth in shackles

You will also hear a lot more of 'domestic abuse' since Obama now has allowed that as a reason to seek asylum in this country. Can you just imagine how many will go to the authorities with self-inflicted bruises and claim abuse? Where will it end? Stop the world I want to get off.
Okay...bye!

She was in the country illegal around the time she was set to give birth, so her child would be a US citizen and receive free healthcare on the tax payers dime.

I am getting sick and tired of people jumping all over BRAVE, COURAGOUS and PARTRIOTIC Joe Arpaio! Granted shackling the womant was beyond excessive! But he is a patriot standing up agains the illegal immigrant juggeranut!
While it is true she isn't a legal resident, she's been in the country since she was sixteen.

Mistreating people isn't patriotism, twit. And it certainly isn't brave or courageous to force a woman to give birth in this manner.

What he did is wrong no doubt, but he is one of the few police officers trying to uphold immigration laws, yet the left loves vilifying him!

well as long as you agree with what he is doing in regards to imomigration then he should be absolved of all crimes right?

Ravioli, Ol' sheriff Joe is playing hardball. Perhaps it's getting easier to be so cold blooded towards illegals, when they seem to have little regard for their own lives. So, is it your position that anyone that opposes illegal aliens are inhumane Fascist? I am reminded of an incident a few years ago, when an woman was tied to the bumper of her boyfriend's car and dragged for miles to a gruesome end. Her name was Luz Maria Franco Fierros. She was an illegal, and the man that killed her, Jose Luis Rubi-Nava, was also an illegal from Mexico. Now, I doubt that Latina magazine would care to write about things like that, because they ( and you) have a little agenda to attend to. Oh, now, then there is the video on the link you provide, which is in Spanish. Ravi, what good is that link? Perhaps, with all that freedom of speech and freedom of the press, we lose the ability to communicate with one another in a common language? That is why some of us on this board oppose illegals, because they are not enriching this culture, they are dividing it.

The original and most severe problem regarding the importation of Hispanic culture came with the arrival of the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. It them came to be that dispossessed Native Americans were identified with the Spaniards that robbed them, so that dark-complexioned black-haired persons can today be described as "Hispanic." :lol:

What a tragedy that they rushed this poor Women to the hospital so she could recieve the best Medical attention that the Tax payers can pay for. Maybe she was flipping out? Maybe she was a danger to the child? If not, then it should have been handled differently. Funny how the video is in Spanish because it's such a bIG sTORY!

America is short of Sheriff Joe's. ~BH

Look oxytoxi, stop with the 'if it was white' crap! 'Atrocities' are committed against HUMAN BEINGS ALL over this world without regard to 'color'. I don't beleive this story unless PROOF is presented - and not the 'proof' that the spanish media brings to the fore!! They will bring all these 'victimization' stories as a means to protect their listening/viewing base.

Gotta love the idiots who make it about race. It's about the law, Ravi.... they aren't just guidelines. If someone is here illegally, I don't give a shit where they come from - they go home. Simples.

Gotta love the lefties who are incapable of working out the difference between racism and abiding by the law.

Aside from the fact that "Latinos" are not a race, have you considered the earlier observation that "[l]egal and ethical standards are divergent (i.e. slavery was legal but unethical; slave liberation was ethical, but illegal), so a mere comment on criminality doesn't constitute an ethical comment in and of itself"?

Nope, not interested in the debate of ethics, only in the law in this instance. Ravi assumes that some of us want her out because she's latino. I find that accusation offensive. Only issue: was she here legally - if not, then she and her baby go home. And I don't really care whether she was shackled while she gave birth - that was her choice - she broke the law of the US, then I have no sympathy for her.

There was something in this about fines owed, the woman had outstanding warrants, and had charges for shoplifting. No matter what telemundo says, I think this is about more than "profiling!"

Arizona Woman Was Forced to Give Birth While in Shackles

One year ago Alma Chacón was arrested in Queen Creek, Az. on outstanding warrants for driving without a license and misdemeanor shoplifting.

The Whole story

There's always more than one side to every story. These people will throw their mother under the bus to gain entrance and be allowed to stay in the country they 'love to hate'!

I still say forcing a woman to give birth while in shackles, IF THIS IS EVEN TRUE, is a bit too far and cruel and unusual punishment, whether white, black, chinese, hispanic, legal or illegal.

And i have no doubt, if this is true, that this sheriff of hard knox would more than likely do the same with any prisoner in the same condition....

Though it is unlikely that a citizen would be in jail for driving without a license or for a misdemeanor shop lifting charge, if they were there, he probably would treat them no differently.

The punishment should FIT THE CRIME, and this kind of treatment and power given to the State... to do this to a woman giving birth, is unacceptable, imo

When questioned later about the incident, Sheriff Joe Arpaio said, "I wasn't the one who kept her from holding the baby. Ask the hospital."

I rest my case. As for this woman having all these children while in the USA illegally, that is not surprising as in the name of her USA born children, they qualify for ALL the perks and freebies including welfare and food stamps. Open the border wide and long and let them ALL come in. We will see what the USA and all the bleeding hearts do then.

I still say forcing a woman to give birth while in shackles, IF THIS IS EVEN TRUE, is a bit too far and cruel and unusual punishment, whether white, black, chinese, hispanic, legal or illegal.

And i have no doubt, if this is true, that this sheriff of hard knox would more than likely do the same with any prisoner in the same condition....

I agree that he would shackle any woman. It just so happens that his reputation has been built on and political power gained because of his persecution of immigrants which in his part of the country happens to consist mostly of Hispanics. He courts the favor of the anti-Latino bigoted voters in order to stay in office and advance his career.

What a tragedy that they rushed this poor Women to the hospital so she could recieve the best Medical attention that the Tax payers can pay for. Maybe she was flipping out? Maybe she was a danger to the child? If not, then it should have been handled differently. Funny how the video is in Spanish because it's such a bIG sTORY!

America is short of Sheriff Joe's. ~BH

If she was shackled because of a felony she will remain shackled with a guard. especially if it was a violent felony.. So what was a pregnant female from south of the border doing here at term that got her put in shackles? I agree with the poster who says "I want to hear the rest of the story."

I agree that he would shackle any woman. It just so happens that his reputation has been built on and political power gained because of his persecution of immigrants which in his part of the country happens to consist mostly of Hispanics. He courts the favor of the anti-Latino bigoted voters in order to stay in office and advance his career.

her persecutes immigrants? or arrests illegal immigrants? which?v and why are Americans bigoted for objecting to illegal immigrants. Do tell.

Last edited:

Though it is unlikely that a citizen would be in jail for driving without a license or for a misdemeanor shop lifting charge, if they were there, he probably would treat them no differently.

The punishment should FIT THE CRIME, and this kind of treatment and power given to the State... to do this to a woman giving birth, is unacceptable, imo

she was jailed over outstanding warrants..... Which is either about not paying and not making arrangements, or about failure to appear....

Now I don't know about Arizona, but in California even on a simple traffic thing, a failure to appear will get a bench warrant for ten grand.

The nation is run by brainwashed Nazi's.
Soon it will be over.
You are referred to around the globe as ' The Great Satan", rightfully so.
It is coming to a close.
Go charge your iPhone.

You will also hear a lot more of 'domestic abuse' since Obama now has allowed that as a reason to seek asylum in this country. Can you just imagine how many will go to the authorities with self-inflicted bruises and claim abuse? Where will it end? Stop the world I want to get off.

Obama "did not allow" domestic abuse visas, a law, VAWA, the Violence against Women Act, has been in place since the '90s for status adjustment and is totally legit. It works for women who come here with husband or partner, and when there is documented abuse and when they apply they can get a work permit which keeps then and the kids safe!

If the law has been enhanced or made stronger, to accommodate women not in the country, then good for WOMEN!!!!

VAWA

some history

Asking for Asylum in U.S., Women Tread New Territory - The New York Times

AND

If you wanna get off the world, have at it!

As I said - just open the damn borders and be done with it!!! It seems the USA is the ONLY country who gives a damn and I doubt that it is - but it seems to be the country of choice for the majority. So, open them wide and let them ALL come in abused or not and stop the game playing. /I]

As I said - just open the damn borders and be done with it!!! It seems the USA is the ONLY country who gives a damn and I doubt that it is - but it seems to be the country of choice for the majority. So, open them wide and let them ALL come in abused or not and stop the game playing. /I]

If you read the charts here:
UNHCR - Statistics

you will see that most refugees don't even WANT to come to the US, and the per capita acceptance of asylees in the US is lower than many other countries just like that bullshit lie about the US being the most generous country on the planet about helping with foreign aid/philanthrophy! Our giving per capita, related to income, is very much less.

https://www.hudson.org/files/documents/2008%20Index%20-%20Low%20Res.pdf

However, this is OK, as we don't take care of our own people, either, which we should do first, anyway, but it is interesting, as those countries that per capita have the highest helping rates seem to be the countries that do the most for their own people, too....

A simpler breakdown:
The United States is the World’s Most Generous Country-NOT

Forum List

Back