Joe the Plumber - The Truth and nothing but it

My own post pointed that out about your own comment. His employer is not licensed, and by law they are suppose to be.

So therefore, your statement would be wrong until Joe works with an actual licensed Plumber business. The law also states PLUMBERS have to be licensed.

If this is true about what you say Joe is a apprentice Plumber and is going to take the exam, then he needs to do that. Until then, he is not a licensed plumber and therefore he can not work for a living as a plumber legally where he works now.

Simple concept no?

Electrician & Plumbing "apprentices" have to be supervised by a licensed person on the job--period. There is no in between. If caught working by themselves on the job, the employer can be fined & other measures by the state regulatory board can be started.

There is an easy way to do this: Go to the State of Ohio--department of regulatory agencies--then go to plumbing board. Type in the last name of Joe's employer. His name should come up as a licensed master plumber & then from there you should be able to find the name of his business.

It's the state that regulates plumbing & electrical contractors. Should these contractors work in a certain "county" they must "register" with the county. If they do not work within certain counties--"they are not required to register within that county".

I'll bet my last dime, that Joe works for a company that is not in Lucas county & or they do not work in Lucas county, therefore they have not registered with them.

We work in 5 different counties, so we're registered with 5 counties. I believe Colorado has more than 20 counties, but we won't register until we have a job in those counties.

I now hope I have explained this to everyone interested.

Last edited:
Electrician & Plumbing "apprentices" have to be supervised by a licensed person on the job--period. There is no in between. If caught working by themselves on the job, the employer can be fined & other measures by the state regulatory board can be started.

There is an easy way to do this: Go to the State of Ohio--department of regulatory agencies--then go to plumbing board. Type in the last name of Joe's employer. His name should come up as a licensed master plumber & then from there you should be able to find the name of his business.

It's the state that regulates plumbing & electrical contractors. Should these contractors work in a certain "county" they must "register" with the county. If they do not work within certain counties--"they are not required to register within that county".

I'll bet my last dime, that Joe works for a company that is not in Lucas county & or they do not work in Lucas county, therefore they have not registered with them.

toledoblade.com -- 'Joe the plumber' isn’t licensed
Mr. Wurzelbacher told reporters Thursday morning that he worked for Newell Plumbing & Heating Co., a small local firm whose business addresses flow back to several residential homes, including one on Talmadge Road in Ottawa Hills.

According to Lucas County Building Inspection records, A. W. Newell Corp. does maintain a state plumbing license, and one with the City of Toledo, but would not be allowed to work in Lucas County outside of Toledo without a county license.

This is where he isn't a plumber:

Mr. Wurzelbacher said he works under Al Newell’s license, but according to Ohio building regulations, he must maintain his own license to do plumbing work.

He is also not registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which means he’s not a plumber.
Mr. Wurzelbacher said he is working on taking the Ohio plumbing contractors’ license test.

This one is for you Oreo about the whole Apprentice thing:

Mr. Wurzelbacher’s notoriety has raised the ire of Tom Joseph, business manager for Local 50 of the United Association of Plumbers, Steamfitters, and Service Mechanics, who claimed that Mr. Wurzelbacher didn’t undergo any apprenticeship training.

Mr. Joseph said Mr. Wurzelbacher could only legally work in the townships, but not in any municipality in Lucas County or elsewhere in the country

Last edited:

Forum List

Back