'Joe The Plumber' Claims Gun Control Caused The Holocaust

The Great Depression caused Hitler's rise to power. Economic troubles and people looking for someone to blame. Such is the way with Fascism. Nationalism in the guise of patriotism, excluding large parts of society as "not one of us", dismantling civil liberties in the guise of security, politics in bed with the wealthy and powerful.....sound familiar?

I guess you didn't watch the add. He stated facts and said nothing about it being the cause in any way shape or form. It's a dishonest reporting tool, in which the author injects what's not there and give his biased opinion of what subject thinks, when he has no bases for it!

The point of the message what the authoritarian Nazi and Ottoman Empire governments had an easier time of committing their genocides because they enacted complete gun control.

I know this foresure. To quote the late great Heston, "You can take my guns from my cold dead hands!"

Joe the lying plumbers helper also said that if Obama was elected it would mean the death of Israel.

He's just not the sharpest tac in the box.

The basic flaw with this argument is that the Nazis did not seize power by force of arms, but through their success at the ballot box (and the political cunning of Hitler himself). Secondary considerations that arise are that gun ownership was not that widespread to begin with, and, even imagining such ubiquity the German people, Jews in particular, were not predisposed to violent resistance to their government.

GunCite: The Myth of Nazi Gun Control

Oh lookie here:

The 1938 German Weapons ActThe 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." Under the new law:

Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. Writes Prof. Bernard Harcourt of the University of Chicago, "The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition."[4]
The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP party members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.[5]
The age at which persons could own guns was lowered from 20 to 18.[5]
The firearms carry permit was valid for three years instead of one year.[5]
Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or ownership of firearms and ammunition.[6]
Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.

On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, passed Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived all Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.[7]

And funny how the really bad shit for the Jews hit after this.

If you read that closely, it doesn't say the Nazis enacted gun control. It says they reduced restrictions on gun ownership.

If you look back at history you will see that, the Nazis enacted and ENFORCED total gun control. Don't be naive!

Last edited:
Joe B says he's conservative on some issues, havent seen one yet. BUT I dont think the Jews were allowed guns, maybe I'm wrong, but since they had to live in ghettos, had their businesses stolen and had to "register", pretty sure the Nazis weren't real cool with them owning firearms. I mean the one think about Nazis, other than being mean, crazy, leftwing pigs, they were smart, and that would have been akin to slaves owning guns in the US, which they weren't allowed to do.

I can't be responsible for your lack of attention..

Anyway, my position on gun control is the same as my position on abortion. The government shouldn't try to ban guns (or abortions) because people will ignore the law, and we'd all be a lot less free if they tried to make such a law work.

I was just pointing out that people who are keeping guns for that day when they need to defend the mansions of rich people against the government (this is what you all expect to happen, right) are kind of idiots, because the government would still cream you.

Oh, I should point out that most of the Jews in Germany fled the country before the war started. The ones that ended up in the concentration camps were ones from Poland and Hungary and Russia and other countries where the Germans guys with guns beat up their guys with guns.

And if fact, the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto did try to rise up against the Nazis in 1943.

Warsaw Ghetto Uprising - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Didn't work out so good.

You do realize Warsaw was in Poland. The Polish government didn't enact gun control and the Polish Jews either held their guns when the Nazis invaded or got them from the Polish resistance.

Note: When a country invades your country you don't give up your guns even if they ask nicely!!!

Oh lookie here:

The 1938 German Weapons ActThe 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." Under the new law:

Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. Writes Prof. Bernard Harcourt of the University of Chicago, "The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition."[4]
The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP party members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.[5]
Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or ownership of firearms and ammunition.[6]
Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.

On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, passed Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived all Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.[7]

So Hitler essentially deregulated gun ownership to just about everyone except the Jews. How exactly did that restriction lead to the holocaust? Having armed civilian militias helped Hitler toward his dream of an Aryan society by deregulation, which armed local militias that he later used to do his bidding. But anyone who ascribes that this was a cause, has their heads up their ass. The Polish Jews, in the Warsaw Ghetto, who did have small arms, found out how effective they were against a modern military with tanks and artillery.

We have similar laws on various states books right here. A ex-felon can be prohibited from owning a weapon, even after they did their time. It's funny that most of those ex-felon laws are the strictest in states in the deep south, which want everyone else to pack. I wonder which group they're really targeting.

Joe the plumber has been sniffing too much methane, it would appear.

No it wasn't Joe. Huffington said "gun control caused the Holocaust". Joe merely said that gun control was a factor in controlling the subjugated people.

Oh lookie here:

If you read that closely, it doesn't say the Nazis enacted gun control. It says they reduced restrictions on gun ownership.

If you look back at history you will see that, the Nazis enacted and ENFORCED total gun control. Don't be naive!

I was commending on the material the previous poster had posted, which did not support the claim he was making. The Nazis did enforce gun control, but it's incorrect to say they enacted it. The most strict gun control law between the wars in Germany was passed in 1919 and from a legal perspective, guns were more available in 1939 than at any point since the end of the First World War.

Last edited:
'Joe The Plumber' Claims Gun Control Caused The Holocaust
Yeah.....ol' Joe is.......​

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Teabaggers

"Look, I’m all for the citizenry of the country taking part in elections and even putting themselves forth as possible candidates. In fact, I think that is what must happen…

But do we really need to have Sarah Palin’s sloppy seconds as our only option? Like Palin herself, Joe the Plumber, a/k/a Samuel Wurzelbacher, is nothing but a reality show in the making..."

Joe-Plumber_slider.png

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back