Joe Scarborough & Keith Olbermann vs MSNBC

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

The financial guys on CNBC gave money to Republicans. Joe Scarborough & Keith Olbermann gave money to candidates.

NBC has a policy.

GE, are they the owners of MSNBC?

Why was Keith Olbermann singled out? Did he do something differently than other employees?

Inquiring minds are laughing our asses off over the right wingnut cum-fest over Keith being suspended, but what about Morning Joe?

'You call that a campaign contribution?'
Sometimes a donation isn't a donation, at least in the eye of the donor.

"I don't make campaign contributions," said Jean A. Briggs, who gave a total of $2,000 to the Republican Party and Republican candidates, most recently this March. "I'm the assistant managing editor of Forbes

Journalists give campaign cash - Politics - msnbc.com

By Bill Dedman Investigative reporter
msnbc.com msnbc.com
updated 6/25/2007 5:07:26 PM ET

Did he do something differently than other employees?
Yes. He pointed out that you'd have to be an idiot to trust FOX and its commentators since they give money to Republican candidates.

Then it turns out he also has a credibility issue.

:eusa_whistle:

Personally I think Olberman should stay. He discredits the left everytime his show airs.

I think it was more of a situation where the NBC big wigs wanted him gone even before they found out about the donations but lacked a valid reason. This week they got one.

This must be a terrible week for Olberman. First the "evil" republicans take the house and then he's canned by his bosses.

Did he do something differently than other employees?
Yes. He pointed out that you'd have to be an idiot to trust FOX and its commentators since they give money to Republican candidates.

Then it turns out he also has a credibility issue.

:eusa_whistle:

Ill be damned. Who would ever have guessed Keith likes Democrats. After all, he hides behind being fair and balanc....................oops. Wrong Talking Head.

never mind

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I believe the controversy is because he didn't notify MSNBC that he was going to be making political donations, which is their policy. They had every right to suspend him.

I believe the controversy is because he didn't notify MSNBC that he was going to be making political donations, which is their policy. They had every right to suspend him.

That is what GE, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC is saying. The question is has everyone who works at any of the affiliated news networks been guilty of the same offense?

The policy was not an MNBC policy. From what I understood it is a corporate policy

The financial guys on CNBC gave money to Republicans. Joe Scarborough & Keith Olbermann gave money to candidates.

NBC has a policy.

GE, are they the owners of MSNBC?

Why was Keith Olbermann singled out? Did he do something differently than other employees?

Inquiring minds are laughing our asses off over the right wingnut cum-fest over Keith being suspended, but what about Morning Joe?

He didn't loose his job, you can all stop whining about it. He will be back on tomorrow.

Forum List

Back