Joe Miller to be Interviewed by Rachel Maddow

Rachel Maddow is an ugly dyke. WHy would anyone care what she has to say?

She was asking the questions, not giving the answers.

And she did get one gem out of Joe Miller. In the space of about a minute he said

1. that gay issues should be left up to the states, and,

2. that he would support a Constitutional Amendment to ban gay marriage.

Joe vs. Joe

Well, anyone expecting journalistic integrity from the Madcow is delusional. This is a "gotcha" piece form the get go.

Whatever.... there's a a reason more people are watching crap like "Meet the Browns" than Rachel Maddow.

Last edited:
I just saw it. It was a flash in the pan. She had to walk and interview him, he didn't really want to be there. She essentially asked him everything she could as he walked from one place to his car and rode off into the sunset.

Why are so many RWer candidates afraid to answer questions...much less the tough ones?

*SMH*

The teapartiers are afraid to answer because they are all talking points and not informed on the issues.

It's hard work pretending you're something you're not in order to gain statewide support. Rand Paul's website's front page is now proudly listing his official flip flops.

So, 15% unemployment, a trillion dollars in dept and Maddcow thought THE MOST important thing to the American people is talking about Homosexuals..

figures.

Well, anyone expecting journalistic integrity from the Madcow is delusional. This is a "gotcha" piece form the get go.

Whatever.... there's a a reason Madcow has a 1 share.

And what sort of journalistic integrity, SPECIFICALLY, does Sean Hannity possess that gets him a larger audience?

Whatever.... there's a a reason more people are watching crap like "Meet the Browns" than Rachel Maddow.

Well, I'm sure the less than bright people watch "Meet the Browns" instead of the RM Show; they like you are the willfully ignoranct.

I always enjoy how the left, and the right, get their panties in a wad over shit like this. She clearly did not book an interview with him. Preferring to rely on the 'catch 'em on the hop' style. Every time an interviewer resorts to this tactic, it is for partisan point scoring. You do not 'doorstep' a politician and expect them to stop and do a full interview.

Congratulations, to both the left and the right wing media, for using bullshit tactics to score points. And, for those of you who think it means something.... Y'all are very, very stupid.

Nice spin. Evidence she used such tactics? The fact that Miller ran away isn't sufficient.
The video demonstrates she did have permission at the get go, so once again you lie.
So other than the fact that you're a partisan hack, CG, why the animosity towards Rachael? Is it because you (claim to be) a writer and Ms. Maddow is an accomplished journalist, a Stanford Grad and a Rhodes Scholar - her audience is at least nationwide and you, well, you get to share your opinions with us. LOL, how pitiful.

No, WhineCrapper, it has nothing to do with my profession. I am a writer. I have no desire to be a journalist. If I wanted to be a journalist, that is the career path I would have followed. I did not. I write - that's my choice. The two professional are similar, in certain respects, but I have no plans to work in journalism.... Although I have had opportunities to do that. Nor was my post about Maddow in particular. However, I am not suprised that the actual point went over your head.

I said both sides use this technique. It is SOP for many news organizations, including Fox. They use it for very specific purposes - to catch an individual 'on the hop' as it were. There is a huge difference between booking someone to appear on a show and 'door-stepping' an individual. Can you work out what it is? Can you work out why organizations use both?

And what sort of journalistic integrity, SPECIFICALLY, does Sean Hannity possess that gets him a larger audience?

he's damn sure prettier.:lol:

Not really. He looks like a 12 year old in a 50 year old body. His voice sounds like Donald Duck as well.

He has zero journalistic integrity. Rachel does. You all just like dummed down cable news so you tune into Fox every night. Talking point city! :lol:

CaliforniaGirl...YOU'RE a carreer-writer? Interesting. Are there any samples online featuring your work? I'd love to take a look at it. You see, based on your posts on USMB, I find it hard to believe if not downright astonishing that someone would pay you to write the way you do.

Or do you just throw all your skills out the door so you won't always be "on?" You come on USMB to kick off your shows and relax huh?

Not really. He looks like a 12 year old in a 50 year old body. His voice sounds like Donald Duck as well.

He has zero journalistic integrity. Rachel does. You all just like dummed down cable news so you tune into Fox every night. Talking point city! :lol:

Hannity is a commentator, not a journalist. Maddow is a commentator, not a journalist. Neither has any journalistic integrity. Nor do any other commentators - because their arena is 'comment' not reporting. I wish more people would make the effort to understand the differences between these roles.

Last edited:
CaliforniaGirl...YOU'RE a carreer-writer? Interesting. Are there any samples online featuring your work? I'd love to take a look at it. You see, based on your posts on USMB, I find it hard to believe if not downright astonishing that someone would pay you to write the way you do.

Or do you just throw all your skills out the door so you won't always be "on?" You come on USMB to kick off your shows and relax huh?

I am and yea, some of my work is available online.

I post here while I'm working. I do it to take my mind off what I'm writing. Hence you will rarely see me post much on economics, because that is, in the main, what I write about. To be honest, I don't really care terribly much what you believe, you don't pay me so your opinion is of no consequence. If you were a client, I'd care.

She's a pathological liar. Ask her about her secret sources for the real stories behind the news.

So it's his appeal as a talking hairdo that attracts the audience? Nothing to do with his 'journalistic integrity'?

She's a pathological liar. Ask her about her secret sources for the real stories behind the news.

The liars are those who keep insisting that I have claimed to have 'secret sources' and yet, when asked to produce evidence that I said that, fail to do so. I didn't say it. This is like those who say Palin claimed to see Russia from her house..... She didn't say that either. It's another USMB myth.... and there's always a reason that these myths are created. They are created out of fear. I understand that it must be scary for you to have to try and deal with someone who is smarter than you but resorting to lies will not help you. Idiot.

Hannity is a commentator, not a journalist. Maddow is a commentator, not a journalist. Neither has any journalistic integrity. Nor do any other commentators - because their arena is 'comment' not reporting. I wish more people would make the effort to understand the differences between these roles.

Accolades and Honors:

For her efforts as a political journalist, Rachel Maddow has been awarded:
2009 - Nomination for "Outstanding Achievement in News and Information" by the

Television Critics Association, the only cable news program accorded the honor
2009 - Gracie Award by the American Women in Radio and Television

March 28, 2009 - Proclamation of Honor from the California State Senate

Maddow has also been lauded for her work by a myriad of gay and lesbian organizations, including GLAAD, AfterEllen, and Out magazine.

Interesting Quotes:

On Being a Liberal

"I am a liberal. I'm not a partisan, not a Democratic Party hack. I'm not trying to advance anybody's agenda."

----- Washington Post, August 27, 2008

On Her Appearance

"I'm not that pretty. Women on television are over-the-top, beauty-pageant gorgeous. That's not the grounds on which I am competing."

"I'm not Anchorbabe, and I'm never going to be. My goal is to do the physical appearance stuff in such a way that it is not comment-worthy."

---_ The Village Voice, June 23, 2009

On Fox News

"The one time Fox News ever asked me to be a guest was when Madonna made news by kissing another famous female, Britney Spears. They thought I had expertise, maybe. I said, 'No, duh'."

---- The Guardian UK, September 28, 2008

On Being a Political Commentator

"I do worry if being a pundit is a worthwhile thing to be. Yeah, I’m the unlikely cable news host. But before that I was the unlikely Rhodes scholar. And before that I was the unlikely kid who got into Stanford. And then I was the unlikely lifeguard.

"You can always cast yourself as unlikely when you’re fundamentally alienated in your worldview. It’s a healthy approach for a commentator."

---- New York Magazine, November 2, 2008

She is a journalist and much more. She's made a couple of Documentaries recently that were quite credible. I just watched the one from yesterday on Dr. Tiller.

Hannity is a commentator, a dumb one and a dumbass in general.. The two are not comparable.

Accolades and Honors:

For her efforts as a political journalist, Rachel Maddow has been awarded:
2009 - Nomination for "Outstanding Achievement in News and Information" by the

Television Critics Association, the only cable news program accorded the honor
2009 - Gracie Award by the American Women in Radio and Television

March 28, 2009 - Proclamation of Honor from the California State Senate

Maddow has also been lauded for her work by a myriad of gay and lesbian organizations, including GLAAD, AfterEllen, and Out magazine.

Interesting Quotes:

On Being a Liberal

"I am a liberal. I'm not a partisan, not a Democratic Party hack. I'm not trying to advance anybody's agenda."

On Her Appearance

"I'm not that pretty. Women on television are over-the-top, beauty-pageant gorgeous. That's not the grounds on which I am competing."

"I'm not Anchorbabe, and I'm never going to be. My goal is to do the physical appearance stuff in such a way that it is not comment-worthy."

---_ The Village Voice, June 23, 2009

On Fox News

"The one time Fox News ever asked me to be a guest was when Madonna made news by kissing another famous female, Britney Spears. They thought I had expertise, maybe. I said, 'No, duh'."

---- The Guardian UK, September 28, 2008

On Being a Political Commentator

"I do worry if being a pundit is a worthwhile thing to be. Yeah, I’m the unlikely cable news host. But before that I was the unlikely Rhodes scholar. And before that I was the unlikely kid who got into Stanford. And then I was the unlikely lifeguard.

"You can always cast yourself as unlikely when you’re fundamentally alienated in your worldview. It’s a healthy approach for a commentator."

---- New York Magazine, November 2, 2008

She is a journalist and much more. She's made a couple of Documentaries recently that were quite credible. I just watched the one from yesterday on Dr. Tiller.

Hannity is a commentator, a dumb one and a dumbass in general.. The two are not comparable.

I'm aware of her background. Her show is not a journalism based show, it's a commentary based show.

I'm not defending or dissing anyone. But it makes for a more honest discussion if one recognizes the difference between journalism and commentary.

I don't watch Maddow, I don't watch Hannity. I don't find either to be of any value to informing my opinions. All either of their shows do is provide idiots with their opinions. I am not an idiot - I can form my own opinions without their assistance.

The liars are those who keep insisting that I have claimed to have 'secret sources' and yet, when asked to produce evidence that I said that, fail to do so. I didn't say it. This is like those who say Palin claimed to see Russia from her house..... She didn't say that either. It's another USMB myth.... and there's always a reason that these myths are created. They are created out of fear. I understand that it must be scary for you to have to try and deal with someone who is smarter than you but resorting to lies will not help you. Idiot.

So do you want to deny you said this?

I don't consider 'news' outlets to be legitimate sources anymore. They are mainly agenda driven. I'll accept only those that provide context for any quotes they provide... other than that, I'll stick to my sources to confirm or dismiss any 'information' provided by any media.

And I asked:

And what are your sources, for the 1000th time?
Specifically.

And you chose to keep them secret (actually, because they don't exist)

Here's the thing.... maybe, if it didn't drive a few posters here totally crazy that I don't say... I may have told you. But, since not knowing clearly pisses you off, I am inclined to decline to answer.

LINK: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/135906-what-sources-do-republicans-consider-legitimate-2.html

No I don't think you really want to deny claiming that you had secret sources for your information.

The funniest part is, you NEVER contribute any substantive information that could have come from any secret source,

which only further proves that you're a pathological liar.

I used to work with a pathological liar. Textbook case. I know what one looks like, and sounds like.

Last edited:

So do you want to deny you said this?

And I asked:

And what are your sources, for the 1000th time?
Specifically.

And you chose to keep them secret (actually, because they don't exist)

Here's the thing.... maybe, if it didn't drive a few posters here totally crazy that I don't say... I may have told you. But, since not knowing clearly pisses you off, I am inclined to decline to answer.

LINK: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/135906-what-sources-do-republicans-consider-legitimate-2.html

No I don't think you really want to deny claiming that you had secret sources for your information.

The funniest part is, you NEVER contribute any substantive information that could have come from any secret source,

which only further proves that you're a pathological liar.

I used to work with a pathological liar. Textbook case. I know what one looks like, and sounds like.

That's a link to you accusing me of this 'secret sources' claim. And me responding that I have never said I have 'secret sources'. Please link to the actual post where I claimed to have 'secret sources'. If you cannot do that, then the conclusion will be that the liar is you.

I watched Maddow's show to see her "interview" with Miller. I found the show to be down right hilarious! She's out there shamelessly shilling for the Democrats, rooting for the morbidly obese Democratic Senate Candidate that no one can name, all while she calls Fox "unbalanced"!! (note to Rachel - buy a mirror sister!) She is intelligent, but she is a dyed in the wool Liberal with a far left wingnut agenda.

As for the "interview". Joe was nuanced and intelligent. He gave her exactly what she deserved - a few minutes on the way to somewhere else. He has to appeal to people that actually live and VOTE In Alaska!! Rachel Maddow is not exactly a powerhouse in Alaskan politics! She has an audience of what, 10 people in Alaska? All politics is local - she is not local, hence she is irrelevant. She is lucky she got what she did.

Liberal wingnuts like Maddow want this election to be about gay rights and abortion - that is what she asked him about. Sorry, but that shit ain't gonna fly this time. The election is about the $5 trillion debt that the Democrats have added since '07; it is about massive unemployment we have across the country; it is about job killing legislation like Obamacare; it is about the economy, stupid. By the time people like Olbermann and Maddow figure that out, the election will be over.

Forum List

Back