Joe McCarthy's HUAC Blacklisted Innocent Hollywood Writers and Actors

True or False: Joe McCarthy's HUAC Blacklisted Innocent Hollywood Writers and Actors

• True

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • False

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
McCarthy was a fraud, so are most black leaders and their allegations of racism. Frauds and panderers. False or unproven allegations.

McCarthy was a fraud, so are most black leaders and their allegations of racism. Frauds and panderers. False or unproven allegations.

Incorrect. McCarthy was right.
I don't think so, but show your facts.

I don't have to "think" so or not, because the facts bear me out. That means I get to KNOW it.

Since it's the holiday season, I'm going to be nice and do the homework for you that you should have done before coming in here and shooting off your painfully uninformed mouth. Don't get used to it.

Solomon Adler - revealed by Venona to be a Soviet spy.
Cedric Belfrage - revealed by Venona to be working for the Soviet Union.
T.A. Bisson - revealed by Venona to have passed classified info to a known Soviet spy.
V. Frank Coe - revealed by Venona to be a Soviet asset.
Lauchlin Currie - revealed by Venona to have passed classified info to Soviet spies.
Harold Glasser - revealed by Venona to be a Soviet spy.
David Karr - revealed by Venona to have passed info to a Soviet spy.
Mary Jane Keeney - revealed by Venona to be a Soviet spy.
Leonard Mins - revealed by Venona to be a Soviet spy.
Franz Neumann - revealed by Venona to be a Soviet asset.

Do you need me to go on? Because I definitely can. And you're welcome.

I don't have to "think" so or not, because the facts bear me out. That means I get to KNOW it.

Since it's the holiday season, I'm going to be nice and do the homework for you that you should have done before coming in here and shooting off your painfully uninformed mouth. Don't get used to it.

T.A. Bisson - revealed by Venona to have passed classified info to a known Soviet spy.
Lauchlin Currie - revealed by Venona to have passed classified info to Soviet spies.

There were REAL Commies, I understand that. Communism lost. Plain pure and simple. But I remember the time when you were called a "communist"; that was the worst insult you could hurl at some one. It's that same way NOW with an allegation of RACISM, you don't have to prove it, but it sure stings if someone calls you that name.

There were REAL Commies, I understand that. Communism lost. Plain pure and simple. But I remember the time when you were called a "communist"; that was the worst insult you could hurl at some one. It's that same way NOW with an allegation of RACISM, you don't have to prove it, but it sure stings if someone calls you that name.

Interesting dodge, but not going to work. You said, "McCarthy was a fraud. False and unproven allegations." (I bolded it for you, just so you wouldn't miss your own frigging words again. This really is a season of giving.) You then invited me to show my facts that McCarthy, far from being a fraud with false or unproven allegations (back to your bolded words again), was actually right. I did so, by listing ten people who were investigated by McCarthy's committee and who were proven to be exactly what McCarthy said they were: government employees spying for, or abetting spies for, a hostile government.

And now, instead of addressing the evidence that you were talking out of your ass - which you yourself requested - you want to blither down some tangent about, "Oh, of course there were commies, but it was also a MEAN INSULT!" which has fuck-all to do with the conversation.

So I would greatly appreciate it if you could find the courage to address the actual topic of the conversation at some point, if only because I believe I've made it clear that you're not going to get away with cowardly diversions from your much-needed admission that you were FULL OF SHIT.

If anything McCarthy woefully understated both the extent of Communist infiltration of the Democrat Administrations and the Federal Reserve AND their ability to subvert US Policy to aid the ChiComs and Soviets. This was before Communism was "Cool" this was when the Rosenbergs were executed for spying and they should have had a lot of company on Death Row

Look at how the "American" Left tries to discredit McCarthy and defend their Soviet Masters. Interesting priorities

If anything McCarthy woefully understated both the extent of Communist infiltration of the Democrat Administrations and the Federal Reserve AND their ability to subvert US Policy to aid the ChiComs and Soviets. This was before Communism was "Cool" this was when the Rosenbergs were executed for spying and they should have had a lot of company on Death Row

Well, McCarthy could only work with the information that he had available to him. Most of what was in the decrypted Venona cables was not made available at the time in order to protect the secrecy of the program. Contrary to popular myth, he wasn't running around, wildly tossing out accusations in a frenzy to root out Communists. Everyone his committee looked at had already been investigated, usually by the FBI, and he was working off of the information turned up in those investigations. All he wanted to know was why people who were obvious security risks were allowed to retain security clearance, which was an excellent question to be asked.

Forum List

Back