Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

soosie

Rookie
Apr 14, 2009

You have 2 families... "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2 parents, 2 children and live in California .

"Joe Legal" works in construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with payroll taxes deducted.

"Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal... $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week = $52,000 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax. Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal... $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week = $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays for Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage .... $1000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $19,231.00.

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money to be eligible for Food Stamps or Welfare so Joe Legal pays for food... $1,000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and Welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal is now in the hole -<$4,769.00>.

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy, which entirely pays his rent of $500.00 per month = $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays and gets a part time job after work to make ends meet.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school.

Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get free government sponsored lunches.

Joe Legal's children go home after school. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program which, again, is provided free of charge.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services, but Joe Legal paid for them and Jose Illegal did not pay.

ARE YOU MAD YET?!?!?!

Don't you need an SSN to apply for welfare or food stamps? How did "Jose Illegal" get one of those?

If you don't mind, I'll call them Joe and Jose.

First off, if you're mad at Jose for being here, you're barking up the wrong tree. We already have laws on the books to prevent him from being here, but our leaders (of both parties) have all been understandably hesitant to LEAD us down that path. Reall, who wants to go down in history as the man who forceably removed millions of families and sent them back to Mexico? They also know it's our fault the situation even exists. THEY DON'T ENFORCE THE LAW. With the bleeding heart we've got in the white house these days, I certainly don't see Him being the one to step up and do the deed, do you?

In the meantime, Jose brought his family to America seeking a better life. He's following the rules to survive here... he gets a drivers license, a job (or opens his own business), checking account, credit cards, car, house with a picket fence, utilities, and a dog. And pays the same damn taxes on all that stuff that you do. If he's working for cash under the table, get mad at the guy who hires him... not him. Look at all the chances we had to 'nab' Jose while he was busy setting up his life! How dare him succeed in obtaining his version of the American dream without that paper saying he's entitled to it!

It's our fault... not Jose's.

I'm in favor of amnesty. And believe it's possible to offer, and at the same time REQUIRE that every person living in this country has and is expected to prove his/her legitimacy to be here. Unless we do that, we have a huge hole in our nation's security system. And the mostly gentle, hardworking, family-oriented Mexican people are caught right in the middle of it. I think if such a program came about, maybe half the population of Mexican Nationals would choose to return to their native country.

Until that happens, I certainly don't hold it against them for being here. I've watched the inner-city neighborhood I live & grew up in go from all white to white and black, then white and black and brown... with the majority in my zip code being brown today. We don't 'socialize' -- they have their own flavor of restaurants and bars and retail stores and supermarkets and entertainment venues (all paying taxes, BTW). But I respect their culture and admire their family loyalty. And abhor their bad guys, just like I do bad guys of all colors.

Thanks for starting this thread, Soosie. It's one of the few topics where I lean far left and it's good to climb on that soapbox now and then.

;)
Smartie

Dumb.

It's like saying, "Well, the police didn't put forth the effort to catch that [insert criminal here] five years ago, so we'll just let him go scot-free."

My hometown has been literally overrun with illegals. And I'm mad as hell at the city council and the police department for letting it happen. Unfortunately, I'm assigned overseas, and have been for the last 10 years, so all I can do is write emails and letters to the editor of my local paper.

They don't assimilate.

They take jobs away from Americans, the idea they just take jobs no one else wants is a fallacy.

They spread disease. One example is the spread of tuberculosis and Chagas in areas with high wet populations.

How many people have been hurt or killed by drunken wets in your county, only to have the perp flee back to Mexico? In my county...5 in the last 3 years.

Illegal immigration of non-assimilating populations is a curse, and one that has brought down every culture that has allowed it. The process for legal immigration is expensive, complicated, and tiresomely long. For those who suffer through it, welcome! For those who try to shortcut it...life here should be made so unpleasant for them that whatever hole they crawled from looks like paradise.

Mis dos centavos.

Dumb.

It's like saying, "Well, the police didn't put forth the effort to catch that [insert criminal here] five years ago, so we'll just let him go scot-free."

My hometown has been literally overrun with illegals. And I'm mad as hell at the city council and the police department for letting it happen. Unfortunately, I'm assigned overseas, and have been for the last 10 years, so all I can do is write emails and letters to the editor of my local paper.

They don't assimilate.

They take jobs away from Americans, the idea they just take jobs no one else wants is a fallacy.

They spread disease. One example is the spread of tuberculosis and Chagas in areas with high wet populations.

How many people have been hurt or killed by drunken wets in your county, only to have the perp flee back to Mexico? In my county...5 in the last 3 years.

Illegal immigration of non-assimilating populations is a curse, and one that has brought down every culture that has allowed it. The process for legal immigration is expensive, complicated, and tiresomely long. For those who suffer through it, welcome! For those who try to shortcut it...life here should be made so unpleasant for them that whatever hole they crawled from looks like paradise.

Mis dos centavos.

I respect your opinion... but if you've been out of the country for the last 10 years, you're really a little out of touch with the reality of living here, aren't you?

It's not the police who fail to act. Their hands are tied by the chief of police, whose hands are tied by the mayor, whose hands are tied by the governor, whose hands are tied by the president. Unless the order to enforce immigration laws comes from Washington, D.C., very little can or will be done to remedy the situation.

So you can cry and moan all you like... but until you understand the chain of command that allows undocumented people to live here, you might as well be flapping your gums into the wind.

I work in a 60-story highrise and every single employee of our window-washing crew is Mexican. Are they documented workers? How would I know... and how would you know? Once you stereotype everyone with a spanish surname as being here illegally, you've become the bigot you probably accuse black or white people of being.

'They spread disease' is really lame. So do gays, but we don't demand that they straighten up or ship out, do we?

Just open ALL borders. I would love it ONLY to see you bleeding hearts eat crow! You'd be the first to fall to your knees begging for them to be closed and to kick everybody back to their country. The changes you would see if we had open borders would make you throw up continously. Would love it, just love it!!

BTW, everything is within reach in this country, even welfare, if you can walk to the nearest corner and buy the documents necessary. Duh!

Just open ALL borders. I would love it ONLY to see you bleeding hearts eat crow! You'd be the first to fall to your knees begging for them to be closed and to kick everybody back to their country. The changes you would see if we had open borders would make you throw up continously. Would love it, just love it!!

BTW, everything is within reach in this country, even welfare, if you can walk to the nearest corner and buy the documents necessary. Duh!

So, you prefer things the way they are now... where we just 'pretend' to be keeping people out?

'So, you prefer things the way they are now... where we just 'pretend' to be keeping people out?'

Aboslutely! If these round-ups are 'pretending' then yes, keep it the way it is now. Just as we will NEVER be able to eradicate racism we will NEVER be able to keep ALL of them out. But....if we can get rid of some, than yes we are on the right path. NO!! TO OPEN BORDERS!!!

You have 2 families... "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2 parents, 2 children and live in California .

"Joe Legal" works in construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with payroll taxes deducted.

"Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal... $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week = $52,000 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax. Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal... $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week = $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays for Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage .... $1000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $19,231.00.

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money to be eligible for Food Stamps or Welfare so Joe Legal pays for food... $1,000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and Welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal is now in the hole -<$4,769.00>.

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy, which entirely pays his rent of $500.00 per month = $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays and gets a part time job after work to make ends meet.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school.

Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get free government sponsored lunches.

Joe Legal's children go home after school. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program which, again, is provided free of charge.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services, but Joe Legal paid for them and Jose Illegal did not pay.

ARE YOU MAD YET?!?!?!

Soozy...you are some kindof stupid. All of your "points" have holes in them you could drive a truck throug.

I doubt you know any mexicans..and that is the real point isn't it? You get your missinformation from neo con talking heads.

'So, you prefer things the way they are now... where we just 'pretend' to be keeping people out?'

Aboslutely! If these round-ups are 'pretending' then yes, keep it the way it is now. Just as we will NEVER be able to eradicate racism we will NEVER be able to keep ALL of them out. But....if we can get rid of some, than yes we are on the right path. NO!! TO OPEN BORDERS!!!

I suggest you write to your president. He's the only one you need to get all these damn brown people out of our country.

P.S. What 'round-ups?'

Dumb.

They don't assimilate.

Mis dos centavos.

You know you are making the exact same arguments that have been made down through the generations with every immigrant wave? The Irish - the Italians - the Chinese - the East European Jews. Somethings never change.

Don't you need an SSN to apply for welfare or food stamps? How did "Jose Illegal" get one of those?

Nope, you don't.

Having said that, most illegals don't receive foodstamps and medical coverage FOR THEMSELVES, unless they're pregnant.

But their kids, most of whom are born in the US, DO. We have lots of families where either one or both parents are undocumented, illegal...and their families get fs, medical, and free school meals. More common is for one parent to be illegal, and one legal.

And this explains why the family of one of my son's good friends, Hispanic and at least one not a citizen, were able to purchase a VERY nice house.

I don't resent it. They work their asses off, and the kids all pitch in and are good citizens.

'I suggest you write to your president. He's the only one you need to get all these damn brown people out of our country.' P.S. What 'round-ups?'

Nope! HE can't do anything without an act from his liberal Congress. These brown people are NOT the only ones in this country illegally.
P.S. Round-ups aka deportations. Round them up; send them out.

I suggest you write to your president. He's the only one you need to get all these damn brown people out of our country. P.S. What 'round-ups?'

He can't do anything without an act from congress. These brown people are NOT the only ones here illegally. Round-ups as in round them up; send them home - aka deportation!

I have come to a clear cut conclusion: illegal aliens don't exist. Nope, All those Hispanic non-English folks that popped up over night: they were always here. And this debate over bilingualism , everybody always spoke Spanish/English. So, what is the debate? OK, just kidding. Anyone ever read 1984? How history was amended and redacted to fit the current political climate? Does anyone here remember a time when all that crap was never an issue because Americans had enough common sense to know bullshit from the truth? So, what has happened now? Why do so many of you believe that illegal alien-Orwellian bullshit?

I respect your opinion... but if you've been out of the country for the last 10 years, you're really a little out of touch with the reality of living here, aren't you?

The military has this thing called leave, where you can spend time back home with the family for a few weeks at a time. I do it a couple of times a year.

Crazy, huh?

It's not the police who fail to act. Their hands are tied by the chief of police, whose hands are tied by the mayor

That's where it stops in my home town. The governor doesn't force the mayor to grant business licenses without proper ID, and the governor doesn't stop the chief of police from enforcing city ordinances. I park my truck at the curb while I spend the night with my parents, and find a ticket on my truck the next morning. The wets have five cars at the curb and another half-dozen parked in the yard...think they get tickets? Hell no!

When local government and law enforcement boo-hoo that they're hamstrung to make life difficult for the criminals in the community, they're full of shit. They either don't care to, or wish to actively encourage wets to move in.

'They spread disease' is really lame.

I lack 15 posts to post hyperlinks, but a simple Google search will show articles from the NIH, the Journal of Physicians and Surgeons, the CDC, and the AMA which show concern over illegal aliens circumventing the health controls placed on legal immigrants and spreading infectious diseases which heretofore have either not been a problem or have been absent completely.

The only thing "lame" is your refusal to educate yourself about the ramifications of the dregs of the third world freely crossing our borders.

New Topics

Forum List

Back