Joe Legal and Jose Illegal

Instead of blaming Jose Illegal, why don't we blame the people who give him the job.

How about blaming them both?
Pale, if you had been born in some poverty stricken village in Mexico and had no means to feed your family, I'm pretty sure you'd become an illegal alien too.

That is NOT something you can deduce my friend. You have no idea what I would or wouldn't do. So let me tell you, if I felt I needed to come to America to better myself, and possibly STAY here, I'd do it LEGALLY, period. If I went to Mexico, I'd do it LEGALLY. I'm not a criminal Ang, and that's what those who sneak across our border are.

Last edited:
Joe and Jose

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".
The illegals, as you call them, that I worked with before immigration laws got harsher all had Social Security numbers they had paid big bucks for to some criminal. They all paid FICA and taxes too. Only they will never be able to collect their Social Security.

"Illegals" because they all entered this country "illegally." Pretty simple actually, and if you were born in another country and you are here, you're an alien. Put the two together and you have illegal alien. That is and always will be the most accurate description. All the rest are nothing more than watered down, politically correct, horse piss.

And I'm sure all those illegal aliens you worked with did have SS#'s... *STOLEN* SS#'s that is. Hell they broke the law illegally crossing our border to get here, why should they give a damn about breaking any more of our laws?

How about blaming them both?
Pale, if you had been born in some poverty stricken village in Mexico and had no means to feed your family, I'm pretty sure you'd become an illegal alien too.

That is NOT something you can deduce my friend. You have no idea what I would or wouldn't do. So let me tell you, if I felt I needed to come to America to better myself, and possibly STAY here, I'd do it LEGALLY, period. If I went to Mexico, I'd do it LEGALLY. I'm not a criminal Ang, and that's what those who sneak across our border are.
Don't you think it's kind of naive to think poor Mexicans actually have a choice whether to come illegally or legally?

Joe and Jose

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".
The illegals, as you call them, that I worked with before immigration laws got harsher all had Social Security numbers they had paid big bucks for to some criminal. They all paid FICA and taxes too. Only they will never be able to collect their Social Security.

"Illegals" because they all entered this country "illegally." Pretty simple actually, and if you were born in another country and you are here, you're an alien. Put the two together and you have illegal alien. That is and always will be the most accurate description. All the rest are nothing more than watered down, politically correct, horse piss.

And I'm sure all those illegal aliens you worked with did have SS#'s... *STOLEN* SS#'s that is. Hell they broke the law illegally crossing our border to get here, why should they give a damn about breaking any more of our laws?
My point was that contrary to what you think, many "Illegals" do pay taxes.

Joe and Jose

Seriously? Big Bucks? You really don't know that they took as many deductions on their W2 as they could so little to no money would be sent in for taxes?

When I worked for United Airlines, the illegal alien janitor was surprised to find out that I made less per hour than she did. I paid taxes, she didn't.

You are wrong...they took many deductions so they didn't have to pay taxes...worse, they were using someone else's ssi number. One woman I know, when she retired and applied for ssi discovered someone was using her ssi number. She had to go back and prove every job she had ever had...can you do that? Well, you're young, you probably can, but try doing that when you are 65.

An old lady in Seattle a couple of years ago had her ssi payments stopped. She was told her husband was alive and living in California.......there was never a follow up. Probably because the illegal a-ho#e that stole her husband's social security number would have been strung up and Seattle is PC if nothing else. They don't care about an old AMERICAN woman who suddenly has no income, not even when that income was stolen by an illegal.

Don't you think it's kind of naive to think poor Mexicans actually have a choice whether to come illegally or legally?

I lived in Mexico...I listened to my Senora complain because her maid came to our country illegally because she could make more money here than she could in Mexico. Don't kid yourself, they aren't coming here because they are starving, they are coming here to make more money and send it home, out of our economy. Elivra had a college education and a good paying job in Mexico when she decided to enter this country illegally and make more money to send back home. She had already purchased land and was building a home on her property with her job in Mexico, but she CHOSE to come here where she could make more money and get rich quicker. Of course she had a child as soon as she could so that we would pay her money for that child, and of course he was diagnosed with ADHD so that she could collect supplemental income for him.

Meanwhile, I didn't collect a dime for my two AUTISTIC kids until they were over 18 because my husband made too much money. Even during the down times, by the time the paperwork went though, he was already working again and we didn't qualify again.

I traveled all over Mexico and while I saw entire families working very hard, I didn't see anyone starving....

You are wrong...they took many deductions so they didn't have to pay taxes....
I think you are talking about number of dependants.

No, you are wrong. Most claimed themselves or none. Doing otherwise was known to be a red flag to HR. The few that did try that trick ended up having to pay up at tax time plus some penalties. Most of the people I worked with were here for the long run, hoping to become legal at some point. Many did eventually when amnesties were given. They knew their tax returns would be scrutinized and citizenship denied if anything was not kosher.

My former next door neighbor didn't know she was illegal till she was sixteen. He parents had to leave Guatemala in the middle of the night one night back when she was 3 because death threats had been made against her father, a teacher. They never even got to say goodbye to friends and grandparents and other family members. Her parents were scrupulous in paying taxes because being caught and deported meant a death sentence. They eventually got amnesty and you might be glad they did because currently she works tirelessly for a non profit trying to get more funding for public school programs including programs for autistic children.

she CHOSE to come here where she could make more money and get rich quicker. Of course she had a child as soon as she could so that we would pay her money for that child, and of course he was diagnosed with ADHD so that she could collect supplemental income for him.

Is that why you had children? So just because she's Mexican, she had a child hoping to make money from it?

No, you are wrong. Most claimed themselves or none. Doing otherwise was known to be a red flag to HR. The few that did try that trick ended up having to pay up at tax time plus some penalties. Most of the people I worked with were here for the long run, hoping to become legal at some point. Many did eventually when amnesties were given. They knew their tax returns would be scrutinized and citizenship denied if anything was not kosher.

My former next door neighbor didn't know she was illegal till she was sixteen. He parents had to leave Guatemala in the middle of the night one night back when she was 3 because death threats had been made against her father, a teacher. They never even got to say goodbye to friends and grandparents and other family members. Her parents were scrupulous in paying taxes because being caught and deported meant a death sentence. They eventually got amnesty and you might be glad they did because currently she works tirelessly for a non profit trying to get more funding for public school programs including programs for autistic children.

I was born in England...at that time my parents took in a couple of refugees from Hungary who fled when the communists took over. In over a year of trying, my parents were unable to get their friends into this country. They ended up living out their lives in Canada.

My brother in law is from Canada and over 30 years ago, inspite of being married to an American (my sister) and having over $40,000 in the bank, my parents still had to sponsor him so they could come here to live.

My sister in law is from Thailand, it took more than a year and $thousands for my brother to get her here and even then my parents still had to sponsor her.

My cousin in law is from German, my aunt and uncle had to sponsor him...

now tell me why I should be grateful that an illegal from Guatemala was allowed legal status when our friends from Hungary weren't? Why should I be grateful that all they had to do was sneak over the border and stay illegally when my sister in law, brother in law, cousin in law and many friends had to go through so much to get here LEGALLY?

Just what makes you think your friend should have more rights than my friends and family?

I would like to slap all illegals and especially those politicians promising them amnesty which only encourages more of them to come here illegally.

At the moment, I wouldn't mind slapping you, what with you claiming I should be grateful for your friend when my friends weren't even allowed in the country and DIDN'T break into this country.

Oh, and just a note...when my son was first diagnosed with autism, which is a health impairment...the school district got an extra $7800 per year for that child. Unfortunately the money goes to the district, not the kids. I imagine now, since the money per kid has more than doubled, so has the money per health impairment, which means what the heck is she doing trying to get more money for autistic kids in public schools?

You add up all that money and it's a big chunk, there is no excuse for the poorness of our public education system. She'd do much better working towards insuring the money they already get actually goes to the kids it's intended for.

I was born in England...at that time my parents took in a couple of refugees from Hungary who fled when the communists took over. In over a year of trying, my parents were unable to get their friends into this country. They ended up living out their lives in Canada.

My brother in law is from Canada and over 30 years ago, inspite of being married to an American (my sister) and having over $40,000 in the bank, my parents still had to sponsor him so they could come here to live.

My sister in law is from Thailand, it took more than a year and $thousands for my brother to get her here and even then my parents still had to sponsor her.

now tell me why I should be grateful that an illegal from Guatemala was allowed legal status when our friends from Hungary weren't? Why should I be grateful that all they had to do was sneak over the border and stay illegally when my sister in law, brother in law, cousin in law and many friends had to go through so much to get here LEGALLY?

You claimed that Mexicans were not trying to feed their kids and all were just coming to work in this country just wanted to get rich quick. How are your friends and relatives any different?

I'm quite sure my Guatemalan neighbor's father would have liked to have had the time and the leisure to apply for a visa and green card before coming but unfortunately the death threat was for the following day.

"all they had to do was sneak over the border"

Very naive assumption on your part. They were hidden in hollowed out seats in a van and were terrified of being caught. They had to continue to live with that fear everyday and could never go back to see the family members left behind.

I have an Italian friend who could never get her green card either, despite being married to a legal resident whose family owns a business here and despite her having quite a lot of money and not needing to work. I didn't understand it. The reason given was that she made too many trips back to Italy to see family and friends and had never spent an entire year non stop in the US. Why that mattered, I have no idea.

So, I also am puzzled by who gets in and who doesn't but I am not bitter enough about it to hate those who succeed.

I had to sponsor my Canadian brother-in-law also. And did so gladly. But he wasn't fleeing any death threats. He got damn rich here in the US too.
:lol:

You claimed that Mexicans were not trying to feed their kids and all were just coming to work in this country just wanted to get rich quick. How are your friends and relatives any different?

I'm quite sure my Guatemalan neighbor's father would have liked to have had the time and the leisure to apply for a visa and green card before coming but unfortunately the death threat was for the following day.

Very naive assumption on your part. They were hidden in hollowed out seats in a van and were terrified of being caught. They had to continue to live with that fear everyday and could never go back to see the family members left behind.

I have an Italian friend who could never get her green card either, despite being married to a legal resident whose family owns a business here and despite her having quite a lot of money and not needing to work. I didn't understand it. The reason given was that she made too many trips back to Italy to see family and friends and had never spent an entire year non stop in the US. Why that mattered, I have no idea.

So, I also am puzzled by who gets in and who doesn't but I am not bitter enough about it to hate those who succeed.

I had to sponsor my Canadian brother-in-law also. And did so gladly. But he wasn't fleeing any death threats. He got damn rich here in the US too.

My friends escaped Hungary when the communists took over. They were refused entry to this country. My relatives in laws were in love and MARRIED to my relatives.

Your friends, NEVER paid the fees, had the background checks, or the medical checks, for all we know, they could bring the new H1N1 virus into this country by coming ILLEGALLY. My sister in law was almost denied entry simply because she had a bullet in her body. She has no memory of when it happened, nor would her mother tell her....

You friends snuck in and for all you know, could have been carrying the plague with them. The fact that they didn't is just happenstance. You don't think the increase of tuberculosis has anything to do with the increase of illegals?

There are reasons we have immigration laws.......ignoring them is criminal, and protecting people who break them is criminal and your former employers should be in jail. You friends should have been deported instead of granted amnesty. All previous amnesties have done is increase illegal immigration because now more illegals want to get in on the next amnesty.

BTW, my friends from Hungary were fleeing for their lives too.....and they were still denied entry yet they didn't sneak in and expect our government to take care of them.....still want to slap you for believing your friends deserve more rights than mine or my relatives. Your friends are not better than my friends, they are merely luckier and more criminal.

My friends escaped Hungary when the communists took over. They were refused entry to this country. My relatives in laws were in love and MARRIED to my relatives.

Your friends, NEVER paid the fees, had the background checks, or the medical checks, for all we know, they could bring the new H1N1 virus into this country by coming ILLEGALLY. My sister in law was almost denied entry simply because she had a bullet in her body. She has no memory of when it happened, nor would her mother tell her....

You friends snuck in and for all you know, could have been carrying the plague with them. The fact that they didn't is just happenstance. You don't think the increase of tuberculosis has anything to do with the increase of illegals?

There are reasons we have immigration laws.......ignoring them is criminal, and protecting people who break them is criminal and your former employers should be in jail. You friends should have been deported instead of granted amnesty. All previous amnesties have done is increase illegal immigration because now more illegals want to get in on the next amnesty.

BTW, my friends from Hungary were fleeing for their lives too.....and they were still denied entry yet they didn't sneak in and expect our government to take care of them.....still want to slap you for believing your friends deserve more rights than mine or my relatives. Your friends are not better than my friends, they are merely luckier and more criminal.
Your Hungarian friends made it to England so they were no longer fleeing for their lives. My former employer was not hiring illegal immigrants knowingly and several were fired when after they ran some checks on fhe SS numbers they were using.

You said in your previous post you felt like slapping me.

I think you have some kind of pathological hatred towards a certain segment of our society that is so strong you'd send a 3 year old refugee back into the hands of people who have stated they would kill her.

I'm done discussing this with you, Sheila. You're starting to scare me.

Your Hungarian friends made it to England so they were no longer fleeing for their lives. My former employer was not hiring illegal immigrants knowingly and several were fired when after they ran some checks on fhe SS numbers they were using.

I think you have some kind of pathological hatred towards a certain segment of our society that is so strong you'd send a 3 year old refugee back into the hands of people who have stated they would kill her.

No, I have a pathological hatred towards people who sneak into our country and expect to become American citizens......kind of like the people who sneak into the movie theater and take up the seats so that when you come in for the seat you PAID for, it's not there.

I have no problems with refugee status...but your friends didn't have it, which apparently means that they are either making up the story or our government didn't believe them, why would you think our government wouldn't believe them? Hmm, maybe they were making it up, thousands of Guatemalans were granted refuge's status in this country around the time your friends snuck in. For most of them, that status was later revoked, but like your friends, they refused to leave, even though their lives were no longer in danger. More people cheating our government, our people, our country. And you CONDONE that action. Of course you are through discussing it with me...you think I'm the crazy one..and that your friends deserve more rights than my friends and relatives.....

Got news for you, you are not better than me and your friends are no better than any other ILLEGAL ALIEN that snuck into this country and stole someones social security number. Funny how you don't feel sorry for those whose lives are destroyed by having their identities stolen but you have all kinds of feelings for the people who stole them.

No, I have a pathological hatred towards people who sneak into our country and expect to become American citizens......kind of like the people who sneak into the movie theater and take up the seats so that when you come in for the seat you PAID for, it's not there.

I have no problems with refugee status...but your friends didn't have it, which apparently means that they are either making up the story or our government didn't believe them, why would you think our government wouldn't believe them? Hmm, maybe they were making it up, thousands of Guatemalans were granted refuge's status in this country around the time your friends snuck in. For most of them, that status was later revoked, but like your friends, they refused to leave, even though their lives were no longer in danger. More people cheating our government, our people, our country. And you CONDONE that action. Of course you are through discussing it with me...you think I'm the crazy one..and that your friends deserve more rights than my friends and relatives.....

Got news for you, you are not better than me and your friends are no better than any other ILLEGAL ALIEN that snuck into this country and stole someones social security number. Funny how you don't feel sorry for those whose lives are destroyed by having their identities stolen but you have all kinds of feelings for the people who stole them.
:cuckoo:

:cuckoo:

So, you admit you've lost the debate.....

Forum List

Back