Joe Day at the Portland Tax Day Tea Party

Really? If we went by photos then those rallies against the war only had about 20 people. Sorry, but you need to get a clue.

Really? Did you look at the photo of the war protest on the previous page? You could only count 20?

Maybe you ran out of fingers and toes!
Kitten has 12 toes on each paw.
Really Fast typer.

Flattery ... I like it ...

As for the previous poster (wihosa), I was pointing out your flaw in using one photo to "guesstimate" numbers, it went way over your head apparently. I can find plenty of war protest photos that would make it look like only 20 or 30 people participated, because they only focused on the violent ones to make their point.

Thing is, no true liberal would be against protests, and no one who supports Democracy in any way would. While it was wrong for people to cry foul about the anti-war protests, those who are crying foul of this one are just showing partisan favortism, nothing more. Us "lefties" have been using protests because we believe that everyone should be heard, not just to get our policies pushed. I agree with some of them, disagree with others, but no matter the view on the reason for the protest, no protest should be bashed just because you disagree with it. The majority of Democrat supporters and lefties are embarrassing me too much lately and I am getting tired of it. It's a protest, they stood for what they believed in, now you are going to turn around and do one of the things that we have been complaining about the "righties" this whole time! Seriously, is it just because they are not falling for Obama's charm? Is it because they don't want an American Idol star-like president? Why are so many getting so upset about it? I am honored that the conservatives have finally seen the power and understand the passion of what protesting is, it shows they are learning, while the outrage over it only shows that the majority of liberals are going backwards.

Really? Did you look at the photo of the war protest on the previous page? You could only count 20?

Really Fast typer.

As for the previous poster (wihosa), I was pointing out your flaw in using one photo to "guesstimate" numbers, it went way over your head apparently. I can find plenty of war protest photos that would make it look like only 20 or 30 people participated, because they only focused on the violent ones to make their point.

Thing is, no true liberal would be against protests, and no one who supports Democracy in any way would. While it was wrong for people to cry foul about the anti-war protests, those who are crying foul of this one are just showing partisan favortism, nothing more. Us "lefties" have been using protests because we believe that everyone should be heard, not just to get our policies pushed. I agree with some of them, disagree with others, but no matter the view on the reason for the protest, no protest should be bashed just because you disagree with it. The majority of Democrat supporters and lefties are embarrassing me too much lately and I am getting tired of it. It's a protest, they stood for what they believed in, now you are going to turn around and do one of the things that we have been complaining about the "righties" this whole time! Seriously, is it just because they are not falling for Obama's charm? Is it because they don't want an American Idol star-like president? Why are so many getting so upset about it? I am honored that the conservatives have finally seen the power and understand the passion of what protesting is, it shows they are learning, while the outrage over it only shows that the majority of liberals are going backwards.

I agree. Seems that those 'criticizing' the anti-war though, concentrated on their differences in point-of-view. Those criticizing the tea parties are concentrating on their being racists and ignorant, though there was nothing to back that up. Interestingly enough, the DHS 'report' on right wing extremists, addresses the 'racism' of the right, regarding 'illegal aliens', going back to the 90's, ignoring that the 'right' also slammed GW for the same.

No we're just refuting right wing lies. HOw many do you see in the photo?

what lies?

how cute though that you only count numbers....how many were at the original boston tea party? not many....yet look at the effect it had on american history.

30-130 where part of the original Boston Tea Party.
Come on, AH - at least go look it up, don't just pull a number out of your analpore that you think sounds good for your "cause ".
What a silly bunch of untrustworthy adolescents. You guys ex-SubPrime mortgage loan processors, or something ? Resorting to easily refuted kiddy lies.
Why should anyone ever believe a single word you say when you lie so stupidly about an unimportant easily checked factoid like "how many protesters were at the original Boston Tea Party? "

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/teaparty.htm
In Boston, the arrival of three tea ships ignited a furious reaction. The crisis came to a head on December 16, 1773 when as many as 7,000 agitated locals milled about the wharf where the ships were docked. A mass meeting at the Old South Meeting House that morning resolved that the tea ships should leave the harbor without payment of any duty. A committee was selected to take this message to the Customs House to force release of the ships out of the harbor. The Collector of Customs refused to allow the ships to leave without payment of the duty. Stalemate. The committee reported back to the mass meeting and a howl erupted from the meeting hall. It was now early evening and a group of about 200 men, some disguised as Indians, assembled on a near-by hill. Whopping war chants, the crowd marched two-by-two to the wharf, descended upon the three ships and dumped their offending cargos of tea into the harbor waters.

Really Fast typer.

I am not outraged by the Tea Parties - they were peaceful protests and were a large scale event. Not real large scale, like an Obama rally or speech, or a NASCAR race, but people across the nation came out. That is respectable.
But I know that they were contrived, and love to pick at the AstoTurf quality of the Tea Parties, and their puffed up self importance and faked attendance figures.
And I know for a fact that Americans are very turned off by the SUDDEN and unfounded raging negativity displayed towards Obama, only 3 months into his term.
America KNOWS what caused this economic disaster, and it wasn't Obama.
America knows that Obama will need to spend a lot of money to fix the messes he inheritted from Bush, and that it would be far worse if he carried out the rightwingers plans of slash spending and cut taxes to millionaires.
Tea Parties are amazing in that the promoters and supporters are apparently not seeing the reality of America, or their own unpopular policiy ideas, and their events' comedic qualities.

I say "Let 'em ave a Good time !"
Tea Parties might be one of the Right's last gasps for energy.

No we're just refuting right wing lies. HOw many do you see in the photo?

what lies?

how cute though that you only count numbers....how many were at the original boston tea party? not many....yet look at the effect it had on american history.
Yurt: You just make stuff up, and don't make the smallest effort to check for supporting facts.

There were over 6,000 Bostonians gathered to portest on Boston's wharfs and docks at the original 1773 Boston Tea Party, out of a total city population of about 13,000, plus the local surroundings. Small city at the time. Lightly populated farmland all around.
Maybe Joe Day or Angelheart were doing the crowd estimates for the colonists.

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/teaparty.htm
In Boston, the arrival of three tea ships ignited a furious reaction. The crisis came to a head on December 16, 1773 when as many as 7,000 agitated locals milled about the wharf where the ships were docked. A mass meeting at the Old South Meeting House that morning resolved that the tea ships should leave the harbor without payment of any duty. A committee was selected to take this message to the Customs House to force release of the ships out of the harbor. The Collector of Customs refused to allow the ships to leave without payment of the duty. Stalemate. The committee reported back to the mass meeting and a howl erupted from the meeting hall. It was now early evening and a group of about 200 men, some disguised as Indians, assembled on a near-by hill. Whopping war chants, the crowd marched two-by-two to the wharf, descended upon the three ships and dumped their offending cargos of tea into the harbor waters.

idiot....

those 7000 were "milling" around, probably just watching, says nothing about them protesting....and you accuse me of making stuff up....

you also erroneously give a figure of 7000 out of only boston area, that issue affected more than boston. before you accuse others making stuff up, get your facts straight

Yep, that crowd is about 2000 maximum.

The Portland Trailblazers play at Rose Garden sports arena, and on a maximum crowd (with seats on the floor) they get 20,000 people stuffed in there.

That crowd of tea baggers is about a tenth of that, and not nearly half.

2000, max.

90% male. 100% white.

The rest of you are the ones sitting on the side lines. The ones that actually did the dumping where not many.

I know of many that just couldn't get to one of the many locations around the state for a rally on April 15Th. Most of the people I know that support the Tea Party movement couldn't get to one.

Yep, that crowd is about 2000 maximum.

The Portland Trailblazers play at Rose Garden sports arena, and on a maximum crowd (with seats on the floor) they get 20,000 people stuffed in there.

That crowd of tea baggers is about a tenth of that, and not nearly half.

2000, max.

90% male. 100% white.

how many times a day do you think about tea bagging?

Really Fast typer.

I agree. Seems that those 'criticizing' the anti-war though, concentrated on their differences in point-of-view. Those criticizing the tea parties are concentrating on their being racists and ignorant, though there was nothing to back that up. Interestingly enough, the DHS 'report' on right wing extremists, addresses the 'racism' of the right, regarding 'illegal aliens', going back to the 90's, ignoring that the 'right' also slammed GW for the same.

Both party leaders and the blind followers like to ignore their own flaws, I expect no less. If a party came forward and admitted their mistakes and flaws openly then I would support them 100% instead my usual 50%. This is why I would like to see a new party formed, one of honesty not bickering. One of the people and for the people but not so stuck in the past that they can't look forward to the future. One of morals and liability but with the ability to change to meet the future. That's what the Democrats promised to be, they just haven't delivered on it, so I am giving up on them. Just not happy enough with the Republicans to align with them either ... yet.

Both party leaders and the blind followers like to ignore their own flaws, I expect no less. If a party came forward and admitted their mistakes and flaws openly then I would support them 100% instead my usual 50%. This is why I would like to see a new party formed, one of honesty not bickering. One of the people and for the people but not so stuck in the past that they can't look forward to the future. One of morals and liability but with the ability to change to meet the future. That's what the Democrats promised to be, they just haven't delivered on it, so I am giving up on them. Just not happy enough with the Republicans to align with them either ... yet.

I'm big on a new 'conservative' party, let the Evangelicals have the GOP. Just having a pm discussion on such. ;)

Forum List

Back