Joe Biden's Magic Mouth

Soaring

May 30, 2009
- Joe Biden's magic mouth - (This means sainthood for Dan Quayle.)

CNSNews.com - Joe Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’

Joe Biden:
‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’
Thursday, July 16, 2009
By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer

Vice President Joe Biden (Photo by Penny Starr/CNSNews.com)
(CNSNews.com) – Vice President Joe Biden told people attending an AARP town hall meeting that unless the Democrat-supported health care plan becomes law the nation will go bankrupt and that the only way to avoid that fate is for the government to spend more money.

“And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable,” Biden said at the event on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. “It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.”

“We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation,” Biden said.

“Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’” Biden said. “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you.” (Listen to Audio)

The event, sponsored by the AARP – which supports the Obama administration’s plan – was attended by mostly AARP members who were bussed in for the meeting.

Biden told the group that the Obama health plan will not eliminate people’s ability to choose their health care insurance and that people who cannot afford insurance will be covered by the plan.

“They’ll be a deal in there so there’s competition, so what you’ll have in there is you’ll have the ability to go in there and say, ‘Now look, this is the policy I want. This is the one,” Biden said.

“And those people who can’t afford to get in there, up to a certain income, we’re going to subsidize them, you get in there and we’ll help you pay for it,” Biden said.

After opening remarks by Biden and AARP CEO A. Barry Rand, the audience asked questions, which were fielded by Biden, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Nancy Ann DeParle, director of the White House Office of Health Reform.

- Joe Biden's magic mouth - (This means sainthood for Dan Quayle.)

CNSNews.com - Joe Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’

Joe Biden:
‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’
Thursday, July 16, 2009
By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer

Vice President Joe Biden (Photo by Penny Starr/CNSNews.com)
(CNSNews.com) – Vice President Joe Biden told people attending an AARP town hall meeting that unless the Democrat-supported health care plan becomes law the nation will go bankrupt and that the only way to avoid that fate is for the government to spend more money.

“And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable,” Biden said at the event on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. “It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.”

“We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation,” Biden said.

“Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’” Biden said. “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you.” (Listen to Audio)

The event, sponsored by the AARP – which supports the Obama administration’s plan – was attended by mostly AARP members who were bussed in for the meeting.

Biden told the group that the Obama health plan will not eliminate people’s ability to choose their health care insurance and that people who cannot afford insurance will be covered by the plan.

“They’ll be a deal in there so there’s competition, so what you’ll have in there is you’ll have the ability to go in there and say, ‘Now look, this is the policy I want. This is the one,” Biden said.

“And those people who can’t afford to get in there, up to a certain income, we’re going to subsidize them, you get in there and we’ll help you pay for it,” Biden said.

After opening remarks by Biden and AARP CEO A. Barry Rand, the audience asked questions, which were fielded by Biden, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Nancy Ann DeParle, director of the White House Office of Health Reform.

Oh come on, it's only an extra 1 trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities for a government that is already up to its ears in debt.

My goodness.... Between Joe and all his gaffes, and Obama forgetting where he met Michelle and getting one of his daughter's name wrong, plus all his other gaffes, makes ya REALLY want to see their college transcripts.

My goodness.... Between Joe and all his gaffes, and Obama forgetting where he met Michelle and getting one of his daughter's name wrong, plus all his other gaffes, makes ya REALLY want to see their college transcripts.

Good luck at ever seeing Mr Obama's thesis while he is in office or running for office.

He really got his own daughter's name wrong?

WTF????

WTF????

Had a republican done it, the MSM would beat it to death, Mr Obama gets a pass.

WTF????

When did this happen.

That's bullcrap.

I am sick and tired of this guy's many flubs getting buried in the news cycle. He's a teleprompted disaster!

When did this happen.

That's bullcrap.

I am sick and tired of this guy's many flubs getting buried in the news cycle. He's a teleprompted disaster!
It was the AGE he got wrong, not the name. My typo.

Ah - ok, that I can understand. I do that with my own kids sometimes.

I agree though, Obama is a mess at times and not nearly the "always cool under pressure" figure that is a fabrication of the media's adoring imagination.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMdZUN49Vg]YouTube - Obama Trips the Light Fantastic - And I Laughed[/ame]

And once again, that baseball throw - I mean, really? That's how he throws a baseball? And look how far forward the catcher is for Obama! What humiliation!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSKsrOX4AJo]YouTube - Bush vs Obama - Obama Throws Like a Girl[/ame]

Forum List

Back