Joe Biden Tax Returns Revealed

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Biden tax returns revealed - Blogs from CNN.com

One of the many reasons why this man has earned my respect.

The quote below sums it up quite nicely.

As a U.S. senator, Biden released a financial disclosure form earlier this year in which he valued his assets at between $59,000 and $360,000. He also reported liabilities of between $140,000 and $365,000.

"When the last listing came out, they listed my net worth as between 70 and 150,000 dollars and Rush Limbaugh said ‘How can this guy manage our economy, he doesn’t have any money?’" Biden also said at that Missouri campaign stop. "Well, I thought the deal was, when you went to work for the government you weren’t supposed to make money!"

Oh let's ignore the amount he gave to charity....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-12-biden-financial_N.

Biden gave average of $369 to charity a year

By Matt Kelley, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden and his wife gave an average of $369 a year to charity during the past decade, his tax records show.
Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama's campaign today released 10 years' worth of tax returns for Biden, a senator from Delaware, and his wife Jill, a community college instructor. The Bidens reported earning $319,853 last year, including $71,000 in royalties for his memoir, Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics.

More...

I give more than that and our household income is around $36,000 a year.

Oh let's ignore the amount he gave to charity....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-12-biden-financial_N.

I give more than that and our household income is around $36,000 a year.

Well I'm not going to ask how much you give to Charity.

Besides, do you know if he helps out any charities other by giving money,etc.

I'm not ignoring how much he gives to Charity a year.

It's amazing how you will only focus on the only negative aspect of that article. The man's not trying to make it rich off Washington like so many Politicans. How many others can say that?

Wow, he is poor comparitive to other politicians. Maybe he's too honest. You know there's a "problem" when all the GoPers have is the amount he had given to charity is an issue...

Well I'm not going to ask how much you give to Charity.

Besides, do you know if he helps out any charities other by giving money,etc.

I'm not ignoring how much he gives to Charity a year.

It's amazing how you will only focus on the only negative aspect of that article. The man's not trying to make it rich off Washington like so many Politicans. How many others can say that?

Not only that, how much of his free time does he give to charity. Charity is not always measured in monetary terms...

Not only that, how much of his free time does he give to charity. Charity is not always measured in monetary terms...

That's what I meant by etc.

I agree with what you said though.

If the worst that people can say negative about the man is how much he gives to charity a year then that's not much.

And that amount is probably still much more then some millionares who are both Democrat and Republican give a year.

Wow, he is poor comparitive to other politicians. Maybe he's too honest. You know there's a "problem" when all the GoPers have is the amount he had given to charity is an issue...
Exactly and he probably is more in touch with the normal American because he is makin the same amount of money.
Why don't you look up the amount the Walton family gives to Charity compared to their net worth!

To be honest, out of the four people on the ticket, Biden would probably make the best president by a country mile...
Maybe! He has the most experience especially in foreign relations and hey Delware is across the Atlantic from England therefore he knows a lot about the English!

I also can't wait until he shows Palin what politics are all about in the debates!

Biden was rejected by the dems twice when he ran for pres. now you think he's the best choice??

And how does being broke end up a check in the plus column for Biden.

Since 1973, Biden has been in the 95th percentile of earners and he hasn't managed to save a dime. that does not inspire confidence.

View attachment 5848

above is a chart of incomes in the US below are senate salaries

1969-1975 -- $42,500 per annum
1975-1977 -- $44,600 per annum
1977-1978 -- $57,500 per annum
1979-1983 -- $60,662.50 per annum
1983 -- $69,800 per annum
1984 -- $72,600 per annum
1985-1986 -- $75,100 per annum
1987 (1/1-2/3) -- $77,400 per annum
1987 (2/4) -- $89,500 per annum
1990 (2/1) -- $98,400 per annum
1991 -- $101,900 per annum
1991 (8/15) -- $125,100 per annum
1992 -- $129,500 per annum
1993-1997 -- $133,600 per annum
1998-1999 -- $136,700 per annum
2000 -- $141,300 per annum
2001 -- $145,100 per annum
2002 -- $150,000 per annum
2003 -- $154,700 per annum
2004 -- $158,100 per annum
2005 -- $162,100 per annum
2006 -- $165,200 per annum

For a man's who's income was so far above average for the last 35 years all Biden has shown to me at least is that he sure can spend and that he has no idea how to save. So let's put him in charge of the economy.

Last edited:
Biden was rejected by the dems twice when he ran for pres. now you think he's the best choice??

And how does being broke end up a check in the plus column for Biden.

Since 1973, Biden has been in the 95th percentile of earners and he hasn't managed to save a dime. that does not inspire confidence.

View attachment 5848

above is a chart of incomes in the US below are senate salaries

1969-1975 -- $42,500 per annum
1975-1977 -- $44,600 per annum
1977-1978 -- $57,500 per annum
1979-1983 -- $60,662.50 per annum
1983 -- $69,800 per annum
1984 -- $72,600 per annum
1985-1986 -- $75,100 per annum
1987 (1/1-2/3) -- $77,400 per annum
1987 (2/4) -- $89,500 per annum
1990 (2/1) -- $98,400 per annum
1991 -- $101,900 per annum
1991 (8/15) -- $125,100 per annum
1992 -- $129,500 per annum
1993-1997 -- $133,600 per annum
1998-1999 -- $136,700 per annum
2000 -- $141,300 per annum
2001 -- $145,100 per annum
2002 -- $150,000 per annum
2003 -- $154,700 per annum
2004 -- $158,100 per annum
2005 -- $162,100 per annum
2006 -- $165,200 per annum

For a man's who's income was so far above average for the last 35 years all Biden has shown to me at least is that he sure can spend and that he has no idea how to save. So let's put him in charge of the economy.

You'd have to take it up with those that didn't vote for him with regard to his not being picked by the Dems.

it seems to me his salary etc is the norm. he has a mortgage like the rest of us, and lives within his means. Sounds more like an average American to me...

You'd have to take it up with those that didn't vote for him with regard to his not being picked by the Dems.

it seems to me his salary etc is the norm. he has a mortgage like the rest of us, and lives within his means. Sounds more like an average American to me...

Biden's income would put him in the "rich" category for most of the dems on the board and now he's just an "average" American? So by your reasoning all Americans who make over 300K per year are just average and should not be considered "rich" or is it only the Americans who don't spend every dime they make that are rich?

My wife and I don't make anywhere near that and we have a mortgage and still manage to save 25K per year for reitrement. What's a rich guy like Biden's excuse?

Last edited:
So he wasn't smart enough to be born to a fortune (like Bush) or marry a multimillionaire (like McCain) and this is a problem why?

I note some have posted as a positive thing that Bush is coming out of his 8 years having the same net worth he went into office with.

Now why is is a good thing that Bush didn't increase his net worth in the last 8 years (even though he made far MORE than Biden, and even got free housing,. transportation and servants, too, and having had far more to sart out with than Biden EVER had) but it's bad that Biden didn't save anything during that same time?

You Republicans sure are grasping at straws looking for things to complain about.

And your double standards are pretty apparent, too.

Last edited:
So he wasn't smart enough to be born to a fortune (like Bush) or marry a multimillionaire (like McCain) and this is a problem why?

I note some have posted as a positive thing that Bush is coming out of his 8 years having the same net worth he went into office with.

Now why is is a good thing that Bush didn't increase his net worth in the last 8 years (even though he made far MORE than Biden, and even got free housing,. transportation and servants, too, and having had far more to sart out with than Biden EVER had) but it's bad that Biden didn't save anything during that same time?

You Republicans sure are grasping at straws looking for things to complain about.

It is pretty amazing when they attack Joe Biden for not being ultra rich.

Joe Biden was part of the middle class for a good part of his life. Now he would be considered part of the very upper middle class or upper class with how much he makes.

He can relate to the Average American.

Biden raised two boys by himself after his wife and daughter were killed in a car accident.

He drives home every night from Washington and has done this for decades.

The man never enriched himself so to Rs think is a bad thing.

If he was rich by marriage like Kerry they would pummel him.

If he inherited money like Kenendy they would pummel him.

Hes a democrat so it doesnt matter what his situation is they would pummel him.

McCain , Bush, Palin, Cheney Look at them all.

They range the whole gammet and they are just regualr joes they would like to have a beer with.

excuse me, if you made more than 95% of the population for the last 35 years, shouldn't you have something to show for it?

If the top 5% of earners can't save any money, are they really rich? you all want to tax the rich more because they can afford it well Joe falls into that category and he doesn't seem he can afford to pay more so why should anyone else?

and BTW I am not a republican, i am actually a member of the libertarian party and registered as an independent.

and I'm not grasping at straws I just see Biden as a poor example of fiscal responsibility and that speaks to ability to manage money if he can't manage his own, why the hell would i let him manage mine?

Forum List

Back