Joe Barton apologizing to BP

of course they have something to gain by halting the investigation: Joe Barton gets "proved" right in the minds of his constituents, companies flood their coffers with money and Republicans get another chance to exclaim the virtues of the unregulated market. It's like we've seen this story playout before or something...

You're jumping to conclusion based on emotion and ignorance. Seems we've seen this story play out before. :D

no, you see - it's because we've seen this movie before that we can know how it ends.

Would you care to serve up some pertinent examples?

No, in the United States, we use our justice system to establish guilt. We do not 'sense' someone's guilt. At least, rational, intelligent people do not.

Our justice system is built in a jury of one's peers taking in testimony and delivering a verdict based on their sense of what happened.

That's how rational, intelligent people reach decisions. Current company perhaps excluded.

They reach a verdict by considering ALL the facts available. We don't have ALL the facts. Therefore, anyone who forms a verdict is an idiot. Facts are important. Whining hysteria is not. That's a fact.

No, anyone who defends a corporation that poisons our waters and kills people is an idiot.

Our justice system is built in a jury of one's peers taking in testimony and delivering a verdict based on their sense of what happened.

That's how rational, intelligent people reach decisions. Current company perhaps excluded.

They reach a verdict by considering ALL the facts available. We don't have ALL the facts. Therefore, anyone who forms a verdict is an idiot. Facts are important. Whining hysteria is not. That's a fact.

No, anyone who defends a corporation that poisons our waters and kills people is an idiot.

Like all those farm-state politicians.

There are quite a lot of other questions that need to be asked.

Like, why were they drilling there in the first place?
They were drilling there because it's the largest untapped reserve in the gulf region.

But regardless of WHY they were drilling there, the fact remains that:

1. They WERE drilling there, of their own will.
2. They filed fraudulent claims related to drilling there and their ability to control a potential spill.
3. Someone within BP chose to replace drilling mud with seawater, a criminally-culpable decision.

Questions of why they drilled there don't dismiss the criminal aspects of their behavior - but of course, Conservatarians jump on it as an opportunity to NOT blame a company....

You're shitting me, right? You're actually claiming that BP wanted to drill there?

Yes, I'm claiming they wanted to drill there.

As evidence, I present the Deepwater Horizon, the most expensive drill and platform ever developed. BP and others developed this piece in order to drill "there."

They had two options: Drill there, or not drill there. They chose to drill there. Why would they drill there if they didn't want to drill there?

Is he apologizing to a person for how he had been treated or is he apologizing to a company?
can you be honest?

That performance was a national embarrassment. Our representatives treated Hayward like a criminal. They were rude, made statements that had no basis in fact and all of it for political grandstanding.

The way Americans reacted to the Gulf Spill was also embarrassing. Howling like a bunch of fucking banshees without bothering to wait for the facts to emerge. Sometimes, I am ashamed of my fellow Americans - and the BP fiasco was one of them.

In the months since, there has been so much bullshit in the media that it's close to impossible to differentiate fact from supposition. But, the facts are there for anyone who prefers to comment from an intelligent, educated viewpoint.

I am ashamed of you.

BP has more environmental and safety violations than anyone. They have a corporate culture of not caring about the safety of their workers or the environment. This led to the death of 11 oil workers and the spilling of 2 million barrels of oil in the Gulf. And Barton apologized to the president of BP. Why? Because Barton used to work for BP and received enormous amounts of oil money in the form of campaign contributions.

And yes, Hayward is a criminal. 11 people died.
Oh this fucking due process shit is boring! Who cares?!? The state is me!

Orf wif their 'eads!

BP making a profit?

Well that puts an abrupt end to the Republican/Conservative meme that the "Shakedown" was going to kill BP.

BP making a profit?

Well that puts an abrupt end to the Republican/Conservative meme that the "Shakedown" was going to kill BP.
Just because your still earning a paycheck doesn't mean the mugging didn't happen.

They were drilling there because it's the largest untapped reserve in the gulf region.

But regardless of WHY they were drilling there, the fact remains that:

1. They WERE drilling there, of their own will.
2. They filed fraudulent claims related to drilling there and their ability to control a potential spill.
3. Someone within BP chose to replace drilling mud with seawater, a criminally-culpable decision.

Questions of why they drilled there don't dismiss the criminal aspects of their behavior - but of course, Conservatarians jump on it as an opportunity to NOT blame a company....

You're shitting me, right? You're actually claiming that BP wanted to drill there?

As evidence, I present the Deepwater Horizon, the most expensive drill and platform ever developed. BP and others developed this piece in order to drill "there."

They had two options: Drill there, or not drill there. They chose to drill there. Why would they drill there if they didn't want to drill there?

You're wrong. The original agreement was not to drill out that far.... however, please don't let facts get in the way of your hysteria.

Idiot.

You're wrong. The original agreement was not to drill out that far.... however, please don't let facts get in the way of your hysteria.

Idiot.

So you're saying they drilled that well but they didn't want to drill that well?

Speaking of fucking idiots....Why would they drill a well they didn't want to drill? I think the fact that they drilled the well is pretty good evidence they wanted to drill the well. otherwise, they wouldn't have drilled the well.

and anyone that claims that without actual evidence is an even bigger idiot

look in the mirror lately?

Idiot.

So you're saying they drilled that well but they didn't want to drill that well?

Speaking of fucking idiots....Why would they drill a well they didn't want to drill? I think the fact that they drilled the well is pretty good evidence they wanted to drill the well. otherwise, they wouldn't have drilled the well.
you do know they developed that rig because deep water was the ONLY place they were being allowed to drill, right?

Idiot.

you do know they developed that rig because deep water was the ONLY place they were being allowed to drill, right?

Thank you for demonstrating my point: They drilled that well because they wanted to drill that well.

And no, that's not the ONLY place they were being allowed to drill. There are millions and millions of drillable acres around the world where they can drill. That site just happened to be the site where they were allowed to drill that had the most oil.

In other words, they drilled there b/c they wanted to drill there.

Thank you for demonstrating my point: They drilled that well because they wanted to drill that well.

And no, that's not the ONLY place they were being allowed to drill. There are millions and millions of drillable acres around the world where they can drill. That site just happened to be the site where they were allowed to drill that had the most oil.

no, they drilled because they had a chance to
as other places easier to drill at were NOT as available
remember there is a ban on the shallow water drilling(or was if it has been lifted recently)

no, they drilled because they had a chance to

yes, they drilled there because they wanted to. If they didn't want to drill there, they wouldn't have drilled there.

I'm not sure how that fact can cause confusion.

as other places easier to drill at were NOT as available
remember there is a ban on the shallow water drilling(or was if it has been lifted recently)
Indeed, they looked at all the places in the world where they could drill, and they chose to drill in the area where Deepwater Horizon was located.

In other words, they drilled there because they found that location to be the most profitable.

Of course we do. People sense that someone is guilty based on the testimony provided. In this case, not much testimony is required: They provided documentation to the government that they could contain a spill 10x this size. That was fraudulent.

No, in the United States, we use our justice system to establish guilt. We do not 'sense' someone's guilt. At least, rational, intelligent people do not.

That's going to be news to everyone in the justice system, which specifically works to find jurors who will decide the case based on evidence, not a "sense." If the jury "senses" that the guy sitting in the third row is guilty can they convict him?

i dont know...you have to be pretty heartless or just stupid to defend the people and the corporations responsible for what happened.

He defended no one, he apologized because people like you think that the Constitution is only a piece of paper and has no impact in the real world.
That was your President Bush who said that the Constitution is just a goddamned piece of paper.

Forum List

Back