Joe B rates the Democratic Field

Joeby got a LOT wrong. He still hasn't divulged exactly what it is that it's a pity O'Rourke doesn't have more experience AT.

That question seems to terrify him.

Naw, I've already explained it. 3 terms as a back bencher in Congress no one ever heard of does not qualify you.

The only reason why this guy has any flame right now is because he got a lot of attention getting beaten by Ted Cruz. I don't think he has a clue how to actually run the country.

The best and easiest way... do what we've done for a long time. Find a governor with a fairly good record and promote him. I don't think we have any governors in the current batch, at least not in the top rung.

What we are kind of looking at is the Democratic version of what the Republicans did in 2012. You know you are stuck with Romney, you pay attention to the flavor of the week for a couple of news cycles, but then you realize that's probably the best you have.

Just replace Romney with Biden. No one's particularly impressed with him, but he's better than the alternatives.

All of the above lead to a Trump victory.

Yes, because we re-elect guys with 40% approval ratings all the time.
Oh, no,wait. we don't.

Trump's voter's were vastly underpolled 2016. Because they were at work when the pollsters called, no doubt.

Democrats blamed the Russians instead of their crappy candidate. Those who fail to learn from history. are destined to repeat it.

But being a huckster game show host does...

I agree, Trump is totally unqualified.

Here's the thing. Trump isn't just a rejection of Democrats, he's a rejection of Republicans... before he beat Hillary, he beat 16 or so Republicans, all of whom would have made perfectly okay presidents. Mind you, not doing policies I'd like, and they'd have put the same kinds of characters on SCOTUS and passed the same kind of tax and labor policies that favor the wealthy over the rest of us.

Trump got elected because a lot of voters just got sick of politics as usual. So he might be a disruptive clown, but man, he's entertaining, isn't he.

Trump's voter's were vastly underpolled 2016. Because they were at work when the pollsters called, no doubt.

Democrats blamed the Russians instead of their crappy candidate. Those who fail to learn from history. are destined to repeat it.

Actually, the polls got it pretty much spot on. they said Hillary would beat him by 3 points nationally and she beat him by 2.

And, yes, the Russians spent a lot of money in the swing states stirring up shit, that definitely benefited Trump.

Now, I'm sure that if Trump blew up the world in a nuclear war, there's be some MAGA clown crawling out of the rubble somewhere saying, "But, but, but... Hillary was a bitch!"

That's patently hysterical. Warren took a test to establish some facts in all that nonsense. That's "silly". Really.

Yeah, it was when the test came back to where she had so little Native American DNA that it barely registered. Those DNA tests are largely a scam to start with, and she just made herself look sillier taking one.

Yeah, she claimed family lore said she got a Native American ancestor. The test demonstrated she had a Native American ancestor. Taking a test confirming a claim is silly in a hysterical environment of insult and slander, but nowhere else.

As to your self-centered nonsense about student debt, that does not even begin to warrant an answer. Tuition is one of the most formidable obstacles to upward mobility, and her ideas on the subject are guided by what should be indisputable issues of societal fairness. Sorry to hear you had some hard times, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the matter at hand.

Um, no, actually, what I expect is a return on investment. You see, I'm all for single payer health care because it would be more economical than what we are doing now, where we spend more than any other nation on earth.

Pocahontas' idea is to say to all these irresponsible kids who took out tens of thousands in debt with no plan to pay it back, "No problem, we'll just go to Joe for the money, he'll be happy to pay it."

Um. No. I won't.

Now, I have no problem with imposing fiscal discipline on universities and expanding scholarships and public funding for them. But this idea that we should go out and make someone else pay for their irresponsibility? No thank you.

That's just penny-wise, goofy nonsense. Seeking an education is just the height of irresponsibility, isn't it? Educating the youth is an investment in the country's future, even if it doesn't pay off in dollar terms in some cases. Turns out, the cutthroat environment after the Great Recession didn't provide a lot of college grads with the high-paying jobs formerly within their reach. Blaming that environment on those college grads is monumentally stupid, as is the insistence those emerging from less wealthy homes shall be saddled with debt for life, while Trump's useless kids shall not. It also appears the whole debate about societal imbalance, including a widening power imbalance, either passes you by, or gets buried under what is a scathing resentment against anyone who gets a helping hand in life. I find that surprisingly narrow-minded, and disappointing.

Yeah, she claimed family lore said she got a Native American ancestor. The test demonstrated she had a Native American ancestor. Taking a test confirming a claim is silly in a hysterical environment of insult and slander, but nowhere else.

Okay, a few things.

First, if she had a native American Ancestor, like I do, you don't need a DNA test. Just some simple genealogy would do the trick. I know my Great Grandmother was a Cherokee. I know this woman's name. I have a photograph that was taken of her in the late 19th century.

It would seem to me that someone with Warren's resources would have no problem checking census and birth records to track down this imaginary Native American ancestor... but clearly she can't.

That's just penny-wise, goofy nonsense. Seeking an education is just the height of irresponsibility, isn't it? Educating the youth is an investment in the country's future, even if it doesn't pay off in dollar terms in some cases. Turns out, the cutthroat environment after the Great Recession didn't provide a lot of college grads with the high-paying jobs formerly within their reach.

Educating the youth to be engineers and scientists, I have no problem with that.

Giving them a $100,000 loan to get a degree in "Multi-Cultural Studies", and then having them put that on a resume before it gets shitcanned, yeah... that's not a good return on investment.

True story. You know how I got my degree? I joined the Army. They paid for college, but the return on investment they got was my service while I was in college and for years afterwards.

Now, for the Great Recession. Um. Yeah. It sucked. Because of some medical issues I had, combined with the recession, I had something like $60,000 in debt in 2010, on top of an underwater mortgage. Did I go ask the government for a bailout? Nope. What I did was I economized. I took on a second job and then I started a side business to raise more money.

Today, I've paid off all of that debt. I've put aside a pretty sizeable nest egg for the next recession that we all know is coming.

So I really don't want to hear Pocahontas tell me I need to pay more in taxes so that some kid who got a degree in Popular culture can work as a barista at Starbucks.

Blaming that environment on those college grads is monumentally stupid, as is the insistence those emerging from less wealthy homes shall be saddled with debt for life, while Trump's useless kids shall not. It also appears the whole debate about societal imbalance, including a widening power imbalance, either passes you by, or gets buried under what is a scathing resentment against anyone who gets a helping hand in life. I find that surprisingly narrow-minded, and disappointing.

Funny, I usually get accused of being envious of the wealthy. Now I hate poor people, too. Who knew?

I have no problem with Trump's kids paying more in taxes, but man, we've got obligations enough as it is. We can start with that 20 Trillion in debt and all the money they stole from Social Security to pay for other stuff.

YOU took out the loan. You have to pay it back. This isn't fucking complicated.

Okay, a few things.

First, if she had a native American Ancestor, like I do, you don't need a DNA test. Just some simple genealogy would do the trick. I know my Great Grandmother was a Cherokee. I know this woman's name. I have a photograph that was taken of her in the late 19th century.

It would seem to me that someone with Warren's resources would have no problem checking census and birth records to track down this imaginary Native American ancestor... but clearly she can't.

That's just penny-wise, goofy nonsense. Seeking an education is just the height of irresponsibility, isn't it? Educating the youth is an investment in the country's future, even if it doesn't pay off in dollar terms in some cases. Turns out, the cutthroat environment after the Great Recession didn't provide a lot of college grads with the high-paying jobs formerly within their reach.

Educating the youth to be engineers and scientists, I have no problem with that.

Giving them a $100,000 loan to get a degree in "Multi-Cultural Studies", and then having them put that on a resume before it gets shitcanned, yeah... that's not a good return on investment.

True story. You know how I got my degree? I joined the Army. They paid for college, but the return on investment they got was my service while I was in college and for years afterwards.

Now, for the Great Recession. Um. Yeah. It sucked. Because of some medical issues I had, combined with the recession, I had something like $60,000 in debt in 2010, on top of an underwater mortgage. Did I go ask the government for a bailout? Nope. What I did was I economized. I took on a second job and then I started a side business to raise more money.

Today, I've paid off all of that debt. I've put aside a pretty sizeable nest egg for the next recession that we all know is coming.

So I really don't want to hear Pocahontas tell me I need to pay more in taxes so that some kid who got a degree in Popular culture can work as a barista at Starbucks.

Blaming that environment on those college grads is monumentally stupid, as is the insistence those emerging from less wealthy homes shall be saddled with debt for life, while Trump's useless kids shall not. It also appears the whole debate about societal imbalance, including a widening power imbalance, either passes you by, or gets buried under what is a scathing resentment against anyone who gets a helping hand in life. I find that surprisingly narrow-minded, and disappointing.

Funny, I usually get accused of being envious of the wealthy. Now I hate poor people, too. Who knew?

I have no problem with Trump's kids paying more in taxes, but man, we've got obligations enough as it is. We can start with that 20 Trillion in debt and all the money they stole from Social Security to pay for other stuff.

YOU took out the loan. You have to pay it back. This isn't fucking complicated.

Thats funny. Glad you got your finances under control. That's great.

He has 100 times more experience than that stupid worthless affirmative action Negro you voted for in 2008 and 2012.

Of course 100 times zero is still pretty much zero, isn't it?

Didn't vote for Obama in 2008.

When I voted for him in 2012 (Because you guys turned the GOP over to the Mormon Cult), he had 4 years as a President, four years as a Senator and 12 years as a State legislator.

Buttplug has 8 years as a mayor of a hick town.

Don't try to weasel out of being a stupid Moon Bat. Only a fucking moron would have voted for Obama in either 2008 or 2012. He was piece of shit. It was even worse to have voted for him in 2012 know what a fucking incompetent asshole he was.

I didn't like that RINO Romney either so I didn't vote for him. That doesn't mean I was an idiot that voted for the affirmative action shithead Obama.

Don't try to weasel out of being a stupid Moon Bat. Only a fucking moron would have voted for Obama in either 2008 or 2012. He was piece of shit. It was even worse to have voted for him in 2012 know what a fucking incompetent asshole he was.

I didn't like that RINO Romney either so I didn't vote for him. That doesn't mean I was an idiot that voted for the affirmative action shithead Obama.

Guy, you need to get over your racism before you hurt someone. That is all.

Okay, here's where I see them. Want to make a Caveat that any of these guys would be a vast improvement over Trump.

Joe Biden- My biggest concern about Biden is his age. He'll be 76 if sworn in 2021. I think we can already see the folly of electing Septuagenarians. Reagan was clearly senile at the end of his Presidency, and Trump shows all the signs of dementia. All that said, he's probably the most clearly qualified person the Democrats have in terms of resume.

Bernie Sanders - This guy is a waste. Yes, he has some okay ideas, like Medicare for All, but frankly, he's way too far off to the left. He'll scare the straights. Also- 78 if elected? Really?

Beto O'Rourke- I kind of like this guy. He's young, he's dynamic. He fought Ted Cruz to a draw in Texas with the GOP throwing everything they had at him. A pity he doesn't have more experience.

Kirstin Gillibrand- Can't really forgive her for throwing Al Franken under the bus the way she did.

Liz Warren - Lots of good ideas, but she pretty much self-immolated on that Native American thing.

Pete Buttigeig - Sorry, being mayor of the fourth biggest city in Indiana just doesn't qualify you.

And why should anyone give a shit about what Joe B thinks about any of these people?

Last edited:
Okay, here's where I see them. Want to make a Caveat that any of these guys would be a vast improvement over Trump.

Joe Biden- My biggest concern about Biden is his age. He'll be 76 if sworn in 2021. I think we can already see the folly of electing Septuagenarians. Reagan was clearly senile at the end of his Presidency, and Trump shows all the signs of dementia. All that said, he's probably the most clearly qualified person the Democrats have in terms of resume.

Bernie Sanders - This guy is a waste. Yes, he has some okay ideas, like Medicare for All, but frankly, he's way too far off to the left. He'll scare the straights. Also- 78 if elected? Really?

Beto O'Rourke- I kind of like this guy. He's young, he's dynamic. He fought Ted Cruz to a draw in Texas with the GOP throwing everything they had at him. A pity he doesn't have more experience.

Kirstin Gillibrand- Can't really forgive her for throwing Al Franken under the bus the way she did.

Liz Warren - Lots of good ideas, but she pretty much self-immolated on that Native American thing.

Pete Buttigeig - Sorry, being mayor of the fourth biggest city in Indiana just doesn't qualify you.
a draw?

Forum List

Back