Jobs

eagle post even anything remotely close to 90% china. China outcompetes us on auto's. LOFL
That was rainman retarded, they buy more cars but they import a lot of them. Are you driving a chineese car?

thats a neat article. might you point out where it substantiates your claim that china makes 90% of green technology?

i found this to the contrary:
Yet, despite China's armies of fresh engineering graduates, foreign companies still create and own most of the key technologies. "China lags about 10 years behind in technology," says Bernice Lee, a research director at Chatham House, a London-based think tank that analyzed patent holders on renewable and low-carbon technology.
if you haven't been paying attention, the united states has historically supported capitalism more effectively than any other nation. we've had administrations this entire time.
If you've invested in the stock market, you would understand that past performance is not a guarantee of future returns.

Rome did not fall in a day.
i've had limited brushes with the stock market, and dont respect logic that comes out of that system with respect to economics, anyhow.

what i think is that the US, by way of government direction, has guided the nation's economy through socio-economic innovations based on a foundation of capitalism. we continue to do so, and using innovation and which takes into account what has worked in the past and what has failed, plus a mix of perspectives on future challenges. you contend that economic theorists or investment gamblers have a better angle on development of national economies, but the US has proven that these inputs, combined with real-street business and consumer needs makes a more competent policy package.

as to greece and the G-20, you are simply satisfied to presume economies like the UK have a better understanding of national debt and deficit, and the stewardship of economies in the trough of the business cycle. history shows that british conservatism puts people out of work and leans on the financial services sector to support a welfare state. but then again, you dont believe in taking lessons from history, and you pay credence to financial service sector axioms.

greece and the US are not similar in respect to our debt, our credit or the performance of our economy. you've taken in political pandering for the purposes of supporting an austerity agenda. the fact of the matter is that both the debt and the performance of the economy factor into the ratio which did greece in. as history does give tremendous insight into future performance, you'd find that nations choosing to embrace austerity in this part of the business cycle, rather than stimulus or a balance of the two, will be hard-pressed to affect an improvement in this ratio, and will miss the point of fostering economic health.

not a hypothetical, but great britain over the next 2-3 years.

Wouldn't less free trade, which both parties bend over for, make more sense than loans from China to extend unemployment ?

Pure conjecture, of course, that we should actually PRODUCE something here again

~S~

Too late for that, I think.

We internationaized CAPITAL and liberated it from national obligation.

Meanwhile the worker class is still stuck with the nationalist pardigm.

If capital is free
Why aren't we?​

thats a neat article. might you point out where it substantiates your claim that china makes 90% of green technology?

Chinese firms are masters at industrial espionage...looking at just the patents only tells you half of the story.

The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - China's R&D Spending More Than Double Korea's

i've had limited brushes with the stock market, and dont respect logic that comes out of that system with respect to economics, anyhow.
Tis a simple life lesson that you have yet to learn.

Just because you were healthy yesterday, does not mean you will be healthy tomorrow.

what i think is that the US, by way of government direction, has guided the nation's economy through socio-economic innovations based on a foundation of capitalism. we continue to do so, and using innovation and which takes into account what has worked in the past and what has failed, plus a mix of perspectives on future challenges. you contend that economic theorists or investment gamblers have a better angle on development of national economies, but the US has proven that these inputs, combined with real-street business and consumer needs makes a more competent policy package.
Perhaps you should stop daydreaming, and start paying attention to what is actually happening in this country?

as to greece and the G-20, you are simply satisfied to presume economies like the UK have a better understanding of national debt and deficit, and the stewardship of economies in the trough of the business cycle. history shows that british conservatism puts people out of work and leans on the financial services sector to support a welfare state. but then again, you dont believe in taking lessons from history, and you pay credence to financial service sector axioms.
No, I am saying that we are following EU policies into the gutter, and will end up like Greece.

greece and the US are not similar in respect to our debt, our credit or the performance of our economy.
Says who?

you've taken in political pandering for the purposes of supporting an austerity agenda. the fact of the matter is that both the debt and the performance of the economy factor into the ratio which did greece in. as history does give tremendous insight into future performance, you'd find that nations choosing to embrace austerity in this part of the business cycle, rather than stimulus or a balance of the two, will be hard-pressed to affect an improvement in this ratio, and will miss the point of fostering economic health.
You are clearly in denial.

so eagle a no and a no. OK thanks for proving your full of hot air
Korea and Japan are in Asia, dumbass.

i_ie_en_korea_map.jpg

Buy yourself a globe.

eagle post even anything remotely close to 90% china. China outcompetes us on auto's. LOFL
That was rainman retarded, they buy more cars but they import a lot of them.
Why did GM go bankrupt?

Are you driving a chineese car?
Korean

"Why did GM go bankrupt?" - because the high paid management fucked up. Republicans argue it's the fault of unions, the high wages and good benefits put GM on the ropes. Of course executive management signed the contracts, betting they could sell enough Hummers and Chevys, Pontiacs, Buicks, etc. to compete with better quality, more fuel efficeient cars made in Japan.
The real story is GM's management lacked insight and imagination and for decades they ignored the market, bulding 409's even as American's began to purchase the original VW bug in the 70's. As the Japanese cars evolved Americans turned to them, fuel efficient and reliable; what did GM do? The executive management relied on customer loyalty and advertising slogans (kind of like what the Republican' leadership' is doing today). Soon GM was producing Hummers, high cost and anything but fuel efficient while the Japanese began to produce hybrids.

Oh now it's asia, not just China. You still haven't supported the 90% with anything but hot air

topspin, IMHO it's best to ignore those who are condescending and arrogant. Most are willfully ignorant as they believe they and only they know the truth.

Case in point:

People need jobs. If the private sector can't or won't produce enough jobs the federal government must.
Yes, the federal deficit is enormous, but doing nothing and dancing the Henny Penny Polka ("Oh my, the sky is falling") is not leadership. Nor is it leadership to fall back on ideology, point fingers and blame the other guy.
In 1973 (CETA) and 1982 (job training partnership act), both signed by Republican Presidents, put Americans back to work.
Our nation has many needs, infrastructure is aging and needs maintainence, repair and replacement; government buildings in the sun belt might be retrofited with solar panels and non emergency government vehicles replaced with electric cars charged by the sun, wind power in the plains may provide a source of energy too.
The electrical grid needs update and expansion, and where feasible canals might be buit to transport goods from one region to another; hospitals might be built on new medical school campuses so that capable students might earn medical degrees and pay off their education expenses by working in new health centers providing preventative care for all Americans.
What America lacks today is imagination, I supported Obama in 2008 because he expressed a future bright with possibilities. Sadly, the power elite worried that the entitlements they have benefited from since the 'Reagan Revolution' were at risk - change scared the shit out of them.
So every effort to move America forward has been met with "No"; and now polls show the propaganda seems to have worked and our nation may turn to the Republican Party - the party which promises much but can't seem to deliver but to the few and the connected.

I'm condesending and arrogant too.
I don't need a great site any site will do, I think he's full of shit. I have invested at times lots of money in clean energy so I know about it first hand.

Chinese firms are masters at industrial espionage...looking at just the patents only tells you half of the story.

The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - China's R&D Spending More Than Double Korea's
lemme know when you've got the goalposts planted; i'll take my chipshot then.
Tis a simple life lesson that you have yet to learn.

Just because you were healthy yesterday, does not mean you will be healthy tomorrow.

Perhaps you should stop daydreaming, and start paying attention to what is actually happening in this country?

sorry, buddy. i go with the history repeats itself/expecting different output from the same input is for idiots school of thought.

the daydream might be the national debt attribution to the state of the economy. can you make a tangible link?
greece and the US are not similar in respect to our debt, our credit or the performance of our economy.
Says who?
you must be dense. you quote ME, then ask who said it. MY contention is based on the complexion of their economy and its proportional relationship to their debt, statistically.
you've taken in political pandering for the purposes of supporting an austerity agenda. the fact of the matter is that both the debt and the performance of the economy factor into the ratio which did greece in. as history does give tremendous insight into future performance, you'd find that nations choosing to embrace austerity in this part of the business cycle, rather than stimulus or a balance of the two, will be hard-pressed to affect an improvement in this ratio, and will miss the point of fostering economic health.
You are clearly in denial.
i deny that you or the nations which you think are wiser than ours for their heavy-handed austerity policies are acting in the interest of their economies. whether it's ignorance which i suspect of you, or deference to concentration of wealth like japan and the UK, i deny that much good comes from prioritizing your concerns amidst those which the rest of the economy is concerned with.

Last edited:
Maude Barlow was one of the key speakers in Toronto's Massey Hall during last week's protests of the G20 summit.

She made a claim I find unbelievable:

"The three richest men in the world have more money than the poorest 48 countries."

Maude's contention that those responsible for 2008's global financial crisis were bailed out and even rewarded by the G-20 government's gathering here, corroborates the International Labor Organization's factoid "...that in 2009, 34 million people were added to the global unemployed, swelling those ranks to 239 million, the highest ever recorded."

It gets even better: "By 2030, more than half the population of the magacities of the Global South will be slumdwellers with no access to education, health care, water, or sanitation."

Do you find BP's gusher of misery in the Gulf an apt metaphor for Anglo-Saxon Capitalism?

Is our specie at a point where it has to choose between its dominant economic system and its survival?

pretty much sums it up George

we're living another guilded age here

and we all know what happened the last time we went down greed avenue

but the interesting thing , at least to me, is the public gestalt

it isn't the unemployeds fault that they are unemployed any more than it was in 1930

but we find ways to demonize them

why is that?

i'd really like to know, did we kick sand in the faces of those same depression era counterparts?

were they painted as lazy? didn't study hard enough in school? ninja buyers?

~S~

0ver 90 percent are working and getting raises.

Bullshit on both counts, TS.

The governemtn CAN stimulate an economy suffering from a deflationary cycle that was caused by an economic bubble.

But they have to invest their stimulus money wisely to do so.

When the government SPENDS tax dollars (or debt dollars) they BUY stuff from private industry.

The Federal government (as one exampel) didn't actually build the interstate highway system.

They paid PRIVATE INDUSTRY to build roads.

Did that create jobs in the PRIVATE SECTOR?

I think it did.

And the end result of that wise investment was our interstate highways system.

Does anyone here want to argue that the interstate highway system isn't a good thing that continues to serve our economy?

Government isn't the problem, folks.

BAD government is the problem.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back