Jobs Report Sucks - Chris Sticks Head In Sand

More jobs have been created in the last six months than in eight years of the Bush debacle

That's not saying much considering Bush had record low unemployment rates throughout his terms. Kind of hard to "create jobs" when everyone is already working.

The downfall of economy happened once Dems took over Congress and Bush became a lame duck, so the last two years of his term are all on Dems.

Clinton didn't have a problem creating jobs and had lower unemployment than Bush

Clinton had a much more responsible congress to work with.

The so-called "GOP" congress under Bush were nothing but spend happy sailors in ties.

And how many were lost ?

Not that it matters, but since we are throwing around useless information.

Growth is still at 2.4%. It needs to be around 4%.

Obama is the democrats Reagan (as per dickweed Chris).

Oh, wait, growth was about 6% following the bottoming out of the recession in 82/83.

I guess he isn't after all.

All information is useless to Republicans if it doesn't support their zany world view. Speaking of 6%. That's how many scientists admit to being Republican.

Isn't it funny that most scientists don't live in the real world. They sit around in lab coats hyperfocused on some small piece of the puzzle with no clue as to whether the work they are doing is useful or not.

ENGINEERS on the other hand, have to translate the work of scientists into economically capable commercial operations. The definition of engineering has the word ecnoomy in it.

Most engineers I've worked with...and that is hundreds....are conservative.

I'll take the real world guys against the Ivory Tower types any day of the week.

But, your are probably a failed scientist. From the looks of things, you could not it past first semester chemistry.

Here is something for you Deany.....

The Public’s Belief about Scientists’ Political Leanings | The Thinker

My own hypothesis is that it’s a combination of three primary factors (plus, probably a multitude of smaller factors which I’m ignoring here). Pardon the broad brush with which I’m painting:

Scientists are inherent believers in the power of intelligence. They have faith in the ability of smart people to solve complex problems, centrally plan things, and try out new ideas. This makes them natural progressives. The conservative worldview is unattractive to scientists because conservatives prefer the tried-and-true, and will generally choose facts over theories.

Scientists work in or closely with academia, which is overwhelmingly liberal.

The Republican party is increasingly regarded as being somewhat hostile towards science, and GOP members have taken stances on topics such as stem cell research, evolution, and global warming that most scientists disagree with.

The last point is bunk.....that is referencing a small, rather vocal (and highly visible only because you clowns find it self-serving) group. Most conservatives are interested in things that can get done without taking huge risks because of the unknowns.

More jobs have been created in the last six months than in eight years of the Bush debacle

That's not saying much considering Bush had record low unemployment rates throughout his terms. Kind of hard to "create jobs" when everyone is already working.

The downfall of economy happened once Dems took over Congress and Bush became a lame duck, so the last two years of his term are all on Dems.

That's an interesting claim, given that Clinton had UE at 4.1% or lower for the entire year of 2000,

and Bush never saw that number or lower for 8 years.

no, but we got the shit beat but of him for UE in the 5's.....I posted several articles and op-eds to back it up to not that there is shortage of them, where in the economy was sucking big time at that rate, and I posted the Krugman rag on "hiding' unemployed under discouraged workers too, you odoriferous hamper of hack.

Clinton didn't have a problem creating jobs and had lower unemployment than Bush

he also had a defense budget he lowered by almost 20% with gop help too. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back