*JOBS numbers- LIE-Missing ONE LARGE state*

So we are now establishing that all conservatives on USMB will accept as FACT anything reported on a blog,

from an anonymous source, without any confirmation from the actual parties involved?

Is that the new standard of evidence here, now?

Of course....I've already noted that the term "may be" is a statement of fact to them.

Okay, let's see...

...the Labor Department releases this report, and according to you people, they also point out that some data may be missing,

and that's the conspiracy??

According to you people, they're fudging the numbers, but they're telling everyone they're fudging the numbers,

and that's their brilliant caper?

lolol

Look at all the progressive sheep scrabbling to spin this LMAO it is like watching crack heads scour the carpet for a rock they think they dropped.

Is there anyone here that REALLY doesn't think that 7.8% number will be adjusted down the road and it won't be down?

The whole concept that last months jobs numbers were "good" for the President is amusing to me. The number of jobs created was down substantially from the August number, which was down substantially from the July number. We've got a three month nose dive of the number of jobs that have been created and yet that makes the unemployment number magically fall by half a percentage point? I hate to point out the obvious here, Kiddies but that only happens if one of two things occur...the first is lots of people becoming so discouraged looking for work that they stop trying and drop out of the number...and the second is manipulation of the small 50,000 person sample this number is based on a month before the election in order to give the appearance of an improvement in unemployment numbers.

Those are your choices...neither of which is a "plus" for the Obama White House.

I very much hope this isn't true. The thought that an administration can manipulate critical data like this scares the livin' shit out of me, seriously.

It's not. I just watched a news story that explained what happened and that President Obama not only had nothing to do with it, it wouldn't be possible.

Just anther rw lie.

Sent from my iPad.

Link, or you're full of shit... as usual.

Look at all the progressive sheep scrabbling to spin this LMAO it is like watching crack heads scour the carpet for a rock they think they dropped.

We're not the ones inventing a conspiracy theory for every shred of news that comes out that we don't like.

Last edited:
However, the report may not be as positive as the sharp drop indicates. A Labor Department economist said one large state didn’t report additional quarterly figures as expected, accounting for a substantial part of the decrease.

The Labor Department says one state did not completely report, and that it accounts for 'a substantial part of the decrease'.

Wall Street journal.. not a blog.

Dumb asses.

Oh, and it is not a conspiracy in my opinion. They simply did not report for some reason. I'd like to know why, personally... but I don't think there is a conspiracy at work.

Last edited:
Is there anyone here that REALLY doesn't think that 7.8% number will be adjusted down the road and it won't be down?
The UE rate is only revised in December of the year and that's a reflection of the Seasoal Adjustment. The Revisions are published in the January edition of Employment and Earnings.

The number of jobs created was down substantially from the August number, which was down substantially from the July number. We've got a three month nose dive of the number of jobs that have been created and yet that makes the unemployment number magically fall by half a percentage point?
Different surveys. The "jobs" numbers are NOT used to calculate the UE rate. While more accurate than the Total Employment numbers from the Household survey, the Establishment survey excludes too many people and so is not directly comparable to the Household survey.

I hate to point out the obvious here, Kiddies but that only happens if one of two things occur...the first is lots of people becoming so discouraged looking for work that they stop trying and drop out of the number
the number of discouraged dropped in Aug and Sep.

[qutoe]...and the second is manipulation of the small 50,000 person sample this number is based on a month before the election in order to give the appearance of an improvement in unemployment numbers.[/quote] Or that you're comparing apples and pomegranates. Total Employment went up 873,000. Is that a little screwy? Sure, but the household survey will sometimes have screwy things like that. The sample is pretty small. It's adequate, but leads to high variance, which is why the Establishment Survey numbers are preferred for tracking employment.

We're not the ones inventing a conspiracy theory for every shred of news that comes out that we don't like.

Its not a theory you tard LOL

It's not a conspiracy theory that Obama himself personally altered the numbers for political gain?

Fine, then prove he did. Then it won't be a crazy conspiracy theory; it will be fact.

The UE rate is only revised in December of the year and that's a reflection of the Seasoal Adjustment. The Revisions are published in the January edition of Employment and Earnings.

The number of jobs created was down substantially from the August number, which was down substantially from the July number. We've got a three month nose dive of the number of jobs that have been created and yet that makes the unemployment number magically fall by half a percentage point?
Different surveys. The "jobs" numbers are NOT used to calculate the UE rate. While more accurate than the Total Employment numbers from the Household survey, the Establishment survey excludes too many people and so is not directly comparable to the Household survey.

I hate to point out the obvious here, Kiddies but that only happens if one of two things occur...the first is lots of people becoming so discouraged looking for work that they stop trying and drop out of the number
the number of discouraged dropped in Aug and Sep.

...and the second is manipulation of the small 50,000 person sample this number is based on a month before the election in order to give the appearance of an improvement in unemployment numbers.
Or that you're comparing apples and pomegranates. Total Employment went up 873,000. Is that a little screwy? Sure, but the household survey will sometimes have screwy things like that. The sample is pretty small. It's adequate, but leads to high variance, which is why the Establishment Survey numbers are preferred for tracking employment.

It is crazy how frequently you have to point out the same info and the kooks still don't understand it.

Fox News just reported the state which did not REPORT it's unemployment numbers is indeed CALIFORNIA.. Gee, there's a surprise?! Daryl Issa was on and is going to hold Hearings and have the Labor Dept testify under oath! LOL Hahahahaha YOU LIBERAL LIARS AND THIEVES are not going to get away with anything any longer!!!!

Fox News just reported the state which did not REPORT it's unemployment numbers is indeed CALIFORNIA.. Gee, there's a surprise?! Daryl Issa was on and is going to hold Hearings and have the Labor Dept testify under oath! LOL Hahahahaha YOU LIBERAL LIARS AND THIEVES are not going to get away with anything any longer!!!!

And yet Califiornia is shown as an increase in initial claims. So assuming it was California that failed to report, and the numbers were imputed, then it's hardly due to CA that the intitial claims went down. We can always check next week when the claims by state are released.

Lies, MORE lies, and DAMN lies:

Another Jobs Report Prompts Head Scratching - US Business News - CNBC

In other words, the drop of 30,000 last week had more to do with the lack of expected re-filings at the start of the fourth quarter than with any particular improvement in labor market conditions.

it couldn’t estimate what the one large state would or should have reported. Still, it may have been able to avoid more confusion had it more clearly articulated that in its weekly press release.

And now, there is one state’s labor department with plenty of explaining to do.

So because one state's labor department didn't report all of their numbers to the Labor Department, they are lying about the numbers. You guys are so desperate I can smell the stench through my laptop.

Forum List

Back