"Jobs for Americans vs. Tax Cuts for Billionaires"

Um.. I'm no math wiz, but $250,000+ makes you a billionaire?

Talk about your fuzzy math.

I am perfectly willing to set up a different tax rate for billionaires and those making $250,000 a year. It was the Republicans who insisted on the tax bracket of $250,000 and up.

This allows the mega wealthy to hide behind the upper middle class

Hence your support for selective equal treatment by government...

Whereas I support equal taxation on every dollar earned by every citizen within this country... blind and unequivocal treatment by our government for all citizens

Which is fine. But the taxation directly on payroll needs to go.

I know. Your're a dem. You only have government solutions to problems and short sighted, quick fix ones that sacrafice the future for the present at that.

WRONG on all three counts! You are OUT!

1) You're not a dem? Why come up w/ a solution that doesn't address the problem?

2) Are you not proposing a government subsidy. Sounds like a government solution to me.

3) You actually have given some thought to the long term effects of subsidizing labor? Enlighten me.

Last edited:
I am perfectly willing to set up a different tax rate for billionaires and those making $250,000 a year. It was the Republicans who insisted on the tax bracket of $250,000 and up.

Whereas I support equal taxation on every dollar earned by every citizen within this country... blind and unequivocal treatment by our government for all citizens

Yup... taxing one's labors, which effectively says the sate is extracting a fee from you so you can earn a living, is tantamount to slavery.

Yup... taxing one's labors, which effectively says the sate is extracting a fee from you so you can earn a living, is tantamount to slavery.

Exactly. And it then becomes (IS) a tool for politicians to wage Class warfare. They can Tax commerce all they like (As our original Tax system was). FairTax or FlatTax is more appropriate to be fair across the board with people keeping everything they earn until they purchase a product.

The 16th needs to be torpedoed. And when it is? We'll see a decrease in dubass threads as this...[But then idiots as the OP will find something else to cry about].

Tantamount to slavery?

Good grief, how fucking ridiculous can you people get?

Nobody's got gun to your head to work. You don't want to pay taxes? Move yourself into the backwoods and live off the land. No job, no income, no taxes. There you go, 100% freedom.

Slavery.

Grow up.

Um.. I'm no math wiz, but $250,000+ makes you a billionaire?

Talk about your fuzzy math.

The Constitution never said anything about taxing everyone at the same rate. They had a chance to do that when they passed the 16th amendment and chose not to. We have never done that in our history and very few industrialized countries have a flat rate. As an American, you can vote for those who support your flat tax rate. That is fair

Last edited:
Thats just it. Not all poor people want to give up the gravy train.

After all. Its much easier to sit on your ass and let the taxpayers of America feed you and your kids.

Its much easier to have the taxpayers of America take care of all their medical and dental needs, buy the food and pay the rent as well.

Why in the world would they give that up?? After all someone else is paying the freight and money does grow on a tree doncha know.

I have yet to see any fucking evidence that all or even most of the poor are lazy and don't want to do shit, the notion that they do is sheer rightwing cocksucking for the rich bullshit. If you gave a poor person the option of having a job that pays 15.00 dollars an hour vs getting a welfare check the poor person would take the job and poor people even work two or more jobs.

Bullshit there Flaylo.

I personally know folks and know about folks who have been riding that gravy train for years. You and everyone on this board has probably met a few also.

They have raised their kids on Welfare and are perfectly happy to continue to do so. For every one I know believe me there are thousands out there that I will never meet.

And I wouldn't take any bets as to the $15 and hour vs that Welfare check either.

1. Anyone who reads the HuffPuff is an idiot.

2. I am sick of hearing this 'blame the rich' song. I am sick of politicians hanging hard working Americans out to dry and creating bullshit about 'rich people'. Hitler did that - and look what happened to the 'evil Jews'. And.... for the record.... that's not a swipe at Obama.... it is a statement about ALL our Politicians and their fucking constant 'blame the other guy' attititude. If Americans are stupid enough to fall for the shit that these lying bastards feed you, then we deserve to get crapped on by these people.

I'm sick of rich people not wanting to support this country. They jump over everyone else to get in to college, like George Bush and John McCain.

Very few actually ever serve in the military.

They move jobs to China to squeeze out an extra dollar.

The greedy fuckers. They don't love this country, they use it.

The Constitution never said anything about taxing everyone at the same rate. They had a chance to do that when they passed the 16th amendment and chose not to. We have never done that in our history and very few industrialized countries have a flat rate. As an American, you can vote for those who support your flat tax rate. That is fair

You're right... nor does it say about a graduated rate...

But we have standards in government for equal treatment under the law... and taxing 50% while not taxing the other 50% is not equal treatment under the law... taking from the contributors for the benefit of the non-contributors is not equal treatment under the law

I will vote for those who support a flat tax.. and I will continue to speak out against any and I do mean ANY progressive tax and will seek out candidates who are against any representative (DEM, REP or other) to get this mantra out of our government

Like the poor don't???

Just think Deano. If there were no "Rich" people. Who do you think the Govt would be taxing the shit out of??

Why the middle class and the poor of course . Thats all that would be left to tax.

Thank god for those Rich folks who pay the major portion of the taxes in this country.

Long may they be rich.

Thats just it. Not all poor people want to give up the gravy train.

After all. Its much easier to sit on your ass and let the taxpayers of America feed you and your kids.

Its much easier to have the taxpayers of America take care of all their medical and dental needs, buy the food and pay the rent as well.

Why in the world would they give that up?? After all someone else is paying the freight and money does grow on a tree doncha know.

I have yet to see any fucking evidence that all or even most of the poor are lazy and don't want to do shit, the notion that they do is sheer rightwing cocksucking for the rich bullshit. If you gave a poor person the option of having a job that pays 15.00 dollars an hour vs getting a welfare check the poor person would take the job and poor people even work two or more jobs.

Bullshit there Flaylo.

I personally know folks and know about folks who have been riding that gravy train for years. You and everyone on this board has probably met a few also.

They have raised their kids on Welfare and are perfectly happy to continue to do so. For every one I know believe me there are thousands out there that I will never meet.

And I wouldn't take any bets as to the $15 and hour vs that Welfare check either.

And I personally know folks who make $25,000 a year and struggle to support a family of four. Its not an easy life for many working Americans who are on the lower tier of the economic scale. They have to make decisions on paying the rent, the utility bill, the doctors bills, getting the car fixed, buying Christmas gifts for the kids....

These are part of that 50% of Americans who do not pay Federal Taxes. These are the Americans who Republicans want to shift more of the tax burden on

You're right... nor does it say about a graduated rate...

But we have standards in government for equal treatment under the law... and taxing 50% while not taxing the other 50% is not equal treatment under the law... taking from the contributors for the benefit of the non-contributors is not equal treatment under the law

I will vote for those who support a flat tax.. and I will continue to speak out against any and I do mean ANY progressive tax and will seek out candidates who are against any representative (DEM, REP or other) to get this mantra out of our government

And that is the way our system of Government was meant to be. If you can get enough people to overturn the tax code, we will do things your way.

Until then, the progressive tax is the way we do things in the good ole USA

The OP poses what is classified as a False Dilemma.

Just Frelling Stating the Obvious!

Tantamount to slavery?

Good grief, how fucking ridiculous can you people get?

Nobody's got gun to your head to work. You don't want to pay taxes? Move yourself into the backwoods and live off the land. No job, no income, no taxes. There you go, 100% freedom.

Slavery.

Grow up.

You post this lunacy and tell me to grow up? Obamabot... heal thyself.

[

The Constitution never said anything about The People paying 45%, heading to over 50% for the cost of government.

1. Anyone who reads the HuffPuff is an idiot.

2. I am sick of hearing this 'blame the rich' song. I am sick of politicians hanging hard working Americans out to dry and creating bullshit about 'rich people'. Hitler did that - and look what happened to the 'evil Jews'. And.... for the record.... that's not a swipe at Obama.... it is a statement about ALL our Politicians and their fucking constant 'blame the other guy' attititude. If Americans are stupid enough to fall for the shit that these lying bastards feed you, then we deserve to get crapped on by these people.

I'm sick of rich people not wanting to support this country. They jump over everyone else to get in to college, like George Bush and John McCain.

Very few actually ever serve in the military.

They move jobs to China to squeeze out an extra dollar.

The greedy fuckers. They don't love this country, they use it.

And we're sick of parasites like you. Perhaps you could, well, just leave? I hear France loves moochy people.

Bullshit there Flaylo.

And I personally know folks who make $25,000 a year and struggle to support a family of four. Its not an easy life for many working Americans who are on the lower tier of the economic scale. They have to make decisions on paying the rent, the utility bill, the doctors bills, getting the car fixed, buying Christmas gifts for the kids....

These are part of that 50% of Americans who do not pay Federal Taxes. These are the Americans who Republicans want to shift more of the tax burden on

As I said. If there were no Rich to tax the shit out of who do you think they would tax RW?? Why the middle class and the poor of course.

AS for that 25,000 total. Well I've never made much more than that a year my whole working life. Believe me they take Fed taxes out of me. I get some back but not much so excuse me if I don't have a lot of sympathy for those riding that gravy train.

It's not a coincidence that The Rich deserving of the highest tax rate used to earn above $2.8M per year in today's dollars.

Now, The Rich has been defined down to $200K-$250K.

Why? Because most of the income is earned by the Middle Class. Hence Obama's need to foment class warfare among the various ends of the middle class spectrum.

Forum List

Back