Jobs bill failed cause $$ going directly to labor leaders' pockets!

Amazing!
You defend a system that encourages mediocrity, i.e. unions.
I HAD to when going to college join a union to earn money.. no choice.
My paycheck had dues deducted I could have used.
My dues were used to pass legislation in my state that forced closed shops and hence mediocre workers could not be fired.

The cost of productivity suffered as well as labor costs increased.

After 50 years in my community the company moved to a right to work state.

What good did my union dues that went to influence Democrats that voted to support closed shops that closed the plant I was working at and move to another state?

BUT your union leaders???

Most city workers spend decades in public service to build up modest pensions. But for former labor leader Dennis Gannon, the keys to securing a public pension were one day on the city payroll and some help from the Daley administration.

And his city pension is more than modest. It's the highest of any retired union leader: $158,000.
That's roughly five times greater than what the typical retired city worker receives.

Amazing!
You defend a system that encourages mediocrity, i.e. unions.
I HAD to when going to college join a union to earn money.. no choice.
My paycheck had dues deducted I could have used.
My dues were used to pass legislation in my state that forced closed shops and hence mediocre workers could not be fired.

The cost of productivity suffered as well as labor costs increased.

After 50 years in my community the company moved to a right to work state.

What good did my union dues that went to influence Democrats that voted to support closed shops that closed the plant I was working at and move to another state?

BUT your union leaders???

Most city workers spend decades in public service to build up modest pensions. But for former labor leader Dennis Gannon, the keys to securing a public pension were one day on the city payroll and some help from the Daley administration.

And his city pension is more than modest. It's the highest of any retired union leader: $158,000.
That's roughly five times greater than what the typical retired city worker receives.

You could have worked a non union job while in college. Closed shops are illegal.

you wrote". You really ought to be ashamed."
Hey I'm not the one who wants teachers to be like plantation slaves that depend on their master for their paycheck out which the slave sends money right back to the master!
I'm not the one that doesn't want the unions to be held accountable for their value by the members! They call it "street protection" in the mafia when someone has to pay to keep their business from being trashed by the "protectors" IN the education system it is called a union! Where the union collects dues BEFORE the teacher is paid. The union then takes the money spends billions on advertising campaigns for DEMOCRATS who in turn pass laws ..Job bill that will send $billions to schools to pay teachers that will in turn pay dues!) That's called a protection racket!
You should be ashamed for defending a practice that enslaves teachers!

Forum List

Back