Jobs , automation , capital

Liberals oppose the wheel and automation because both take jobs. Without a law making it illegal for liberals to participate in our democracy there is no hope.
No , not really . It seems you're not even bothering to read my posts.
Have it your way.
too stupid if you had any confidence in what you said you'd be eager to make your point again and again rather than run from debate like a typical liberal.

In the end, the major limit of automation is peak oil, together with the general threat of a resource crunch.

too stupid if you had any confidence in what you said you'd be eager to make your point again and again rather than run from debate like a typical liberal.

Now , my opinion on what may happen:
Simple manual jobs will cease to exist, as well as some which require specialized skills . Some others, related to education , entertainment, healthcare , prostitution, arts , r&d, and strategic planning will remain.
Education will become a must to get a job (luckily most upper education will be almost free and available online). People with no qualifications will live on food stamps.
Too stupid Baiamonte.
Re-read my post and discuss on what I wrote , not on what you imagined I posted.

Now , my opinion on what may happen:
Simple manual jobs will cease to exist, as well as some which require specialized skills . Some others, related to education , entertainment, healthcare , prostitution, arts , r&d, and strategic planning will remain.
Education will become a must to get a job (luckily most upper education will be almost free and available online). People with no qualifications will live on food stamps.
Too stupid Baiamonte.
Re-read my post and discuss on what I wrote , not on what you imagined I posted.

why not try to say what you mean again??? better yet why not read your first book on how capitalism works so you won't seem 100% stupid and liberal when you post something. What do you learn from the fact that you have been brainwashed to have never read a book on capitalism and still know to hate it?

In the end, the major limit of automation is peak oil, together with the general threat of a resource crunch.
I would argue you can have automation even after the "cheap oil" peak.
It will just be more expensive getting the energy for automation. Let me elaborate :
An average adult uses about 2,400 calories in a day. That is roughly 3 kwh.
Now, assuming we use solar AND that machines have 1/4 the efficiency of the human body, in energy terms you will need 12 kwh to replace a human being. Since the cost of 1 kwh using solar is 0.25 this means you need 3 dollars to replace a human being ( in energy terms ). The equivalent is about $5,000 in solar panels plus converters , wiring and batteries for a total of $15,000.
So anyone willing to do a job for less than $3 a day will still be employed automation notwithstanding.

yes they said we'd hit peak oil in 1990 and that was before SUV's!! And before China, India and Brazil started buying millions of cars and before shale oil and fracking. Now you'd say peak oil is 100 years off at least and no matter because we already have replacements!!

Peak oil is another marxist lie like Global Warming to centralize power in govt!

I would argue you can have automation even after the "cheap oil" peak.
It will just be more expensive getting the energy for automation. Let me elaborate :
An average adult uses about 2,400 calories in a day. That is roughly 3 kwh.
Now, assuming we use solar AND that machines have 1/4 the efficiency of the human body, in energy terms you will need 12 kwh to replace a human being. Since the cost of 1 kwh using solar is 0.25 this means you need 3 dollars to replace a human being ( in energy terms ). The equivalent is about $5,000 in solar panels plus converters , wiring and batteries for a total of $15,000.
So anyone willing to do a job for less than $3 a day will still be employed automation notwithstanding.

utter insane liberal gibberish of course!! the wheel replaced billions of people completely and still more people work at higher pay than ever in human history!

machines have 1/4 the efficiency of the human body,.

dear, often machines have 10000 or 1 million times the efficiency of the human body.
Sure, just compare the amount of energy required to move 100 miles ( 2.5 gallons = 77,500 kcal) in a car vs the energy required to walk 100 miles ( 12,000 kcal), even with five passengers :77,500 kcal vs 60,000 kcal... and that's not a SUV which will probably spend twice as much energy.

Last edited:
machines have 1/4 the efficiency of the human body,.

dear, often machines have 10000 or 1 million times the efficiency of the human body.
Sure, just compare the amount of energy required to move 100 miles ( 2.5 gallons = 77,500 kcal) in a car vs the energy required to walk 100 miles ( 12,000 kcal), even with five passengers :77,500 kcal vs 60,000 kcal... and that's not a SUV which will probably spend twice as much energy.

dear, imagine a machine labeling beer bottles versus a human! the machine is 10000 times more efficient in terms of energy and time. If you are comfortable looking goofy why not do it on an important subject like liberalism versus conservatism?

Do you understand?

dear, imagine a machine labeling beer bottles versus a human! the machine is 10000 times more efficient in terms of energy and time. If you are comfortable looking goofy why not do it on an important subject like liberalism versus conservatism?

Do you understand?
Baiamonte , you wanted an example and I gave it to you . Bottom line : not all machines are more efficient than humans in energy usage.

Hey , you could try that starting your own thread.

. Bottom line : not all machines are more efficient than humans in energy usage.

dear,
1) no one said all machines are more efficient than humans.
2) you cant say why you are liberal can you?
3) you cant say what book you're read on how capitalism works can you?

. Bottom line : not all machines are more efficient than humans in energy usage.

dear,
1) no one said all machines are more efficient than humans.
2) you cant say why you are liberal can you?
3) you cant say what book you're read on how capitalism works can you?

1) Well your post clearly said often. Now , given the amount of energy cars waste and the number of cars in the world I would challenge the use of "often".
2) You are the one putting the labels here. I believe in individual liberties and economic regulations to avoid and correct market failures.
3) Yes, I can name a few :
Basic economics by Frank Mastrianna
Economics in one lesson by Henry Hazlitt
Economics of the public sector by Joseph Stiglitz

, given the amount of energy cars waste and the number of cars in the world I would challenge the use of "often".

so as a certified liberal fool you say a car is not more efficient than a human being?
No , in terms of energy usage no, a bike is far more efficient, specially when it has a chasis,
0.jpg

Forum List

Back