Jobs and Unemployment

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
The Federal Reserve and Shared Prosperity
Why Working Families Need a Fed that Works for Them

Full employment, shared prosperity, and the Federal Reserve
Full employment is the bedrock of shared prosperity. Working families need jobs to provide income, and full employment ensures that jobs are available for all. Full employment also creates an environment of labor scarcity in which workers can bargain for a fair share of productivity gains, making full employment essential for decent wages. A major factor behind the wage stagnation of the past 30 years is that the U.S. economy has been far from full employment for most of this time.

Full employment is also relevant for union bargaining power, and unions are unlikely to achieve their principal institutional objectives—organizing and bargaining—without full employment. Consequently, full employment should be a major concern of unions for reasons of both social solidarity and institutional interest.

The Federal Reserve and Shared Prosperity Why Working Families Need a Fed that Works for Them Economic Policy Institute
________________________________________________________________________________________

The above article makes for an interesting read, and explains the need for the Federal Reserve to work for ALL Americans, and not just Wall Street and Corporate America. I would suggest and recommend that you read the entire article. It's well written and contains a view of the need for full employment of our work force.

What we need is to eliminate the Fed.

It will NEVER adopt full employment policies...if that were possible.

The Feds works for one thing. To enrich and empower the power elite.

Wow, the OP has been no idea how the system works. Needs a simplified explanation.

Full employment is the bedrock of shared prosperity. Working families need jobs to provide income, and full employment ensures that jobs are available for all. Full employment also creates an environment of labor scarcity in which workers can bargain for a fair share of productivity gains, making full employment essential for decent wages. A major factor behind the wage stagnation of the past 30 years is that the U.S. economy has been far from full employment for most of this time.

Full employment is also relevant for union bargaining power, and unions are unlikely to achieve their principal institutional objectives—organizing and bargaining—without full employment. Consequently, full employment should be a major concern of unions for reasons of both social solidarity and institutional interest.

The Federal Reserve and Shared Prosperity Why Working Families Need a Fed that Works for Them Economic Policy Institute
________________________________________________________________________________________

The above article makes for an interesting read, and explains the need for the Federal Reserve to work for ALL Americans, and not just Wall Street and Corporate America. I would suggest and recommend that you read the entire article. It's well written and contains a view of the need for full employment of our work force.

stupid stupid liberal has no idea that Fed does not create jobs. When Ford invented the car that created jobs!! Do you understand??

The Soviet Union was a marvel of "Full Employment." Everyone had a job, and most people worked, in one way or another, for the government. And yet they had chronic shortages of needed commodities and oversupplies of things that nobody wanted. The standard of living was far lower than other comparable economic regions despite having abundant natural resources and a culture of hard work and industriousness. The same could be said for Cuba today.

Is this what you want?

• Banned
The Soviet Union was a marvel of "Full Employment." Everyone had a job, and most people worked, in one way or another, for the government. And yet they had chronic shortages of needed commodities and oversupplies of things that nobody wanted. The standard of living was far lower than other comparable economic regions despite having abundant natural resources and a culture of hard work and industriousness. The same could be said for Cuba today.

Is this what you want?
No. That is certainly not what I want. Why would anyone want that? I can't imagine anyone wanting to live like that. Why do you ask?

stupid stupid liberal has no idea that Fed does not create jobs. When Ford invented the car that created jobs!! Do you understand??
Wait, you're claiming Ford invented the car AND calling someone else stupid in the same post???

• Banned

Wait, you're claiming Ford invented the car AND calling someone else stupid in the same post???
Not me. I have never said anything remotely like that.

527808_312169552190451_152358668171541_674327_383383178_n-800x512.jpg

I was quoting ed, not you. He called you stupid but also claimed Ford invented the car.

I was quoting ed, not you. He called you stupid but also claimed Ford invented the car.
My bad. Sorry. A misunderstanding on my part. I should pay better attention.

Ford created millions of jobs when he invented the mass production of an automobile that was affordable to average Americans. The liberal thought the Fed created jobs, not private inventors. It was total misunderstanding of elementary economics which again argues that liberals lack the IQ necessary to be allowed to vote. Not surprising a liberal will want to change the subject to who really invented the auto.

Ford created millions of jobs when he invented the mass production of an automobile that was affordable to average Americans.
Eh...close enough.

The liberal thought the Fed created jobs, not private inventors.
That's not how I read teh OP. I read as the FED trying to foster conditions conducive to job growth.
Not surprising a liberal will want to change the subject to who really invented the auto.
You weren't on topic yourself, and when you say incredibley stupid things, you hurt whatever bit of credibility you might have.

Who exactly, should the Fed support to create these jobs?
American manufacturing.
Okay. And American manufacturing is what exactly?
American manufacturing is any business that makes goods here in this country. Also, producing products here instead of importing what we did produce at one time. EXAMPLES: Steel, furniture, appliances, textiles, tools, toys, electronics, farm equipment, and housewares, just to name a few. The government, through unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies, has encouraged our plants and factories to shut down in favor of supporting foreign economies around the world. The results is a poor and dependent citizenry, surviving off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks. America no longer produces what America uses and consumes. We've become consumers and not producers. We've become import dependent.

For decades, we've sacrificed our economic well-being in favor of strengthening foreign economies, and now the chickens have come home to roost. In addition, the government supports off-shore job out-sourcing, importing labor, and allows millions of illegal immigrants to live and work in this country. It's bad enough for our work force that technology, innovation, and automation has replaced workers, but we also encourage corporations to relocate outside of our borders. We've lost skills that were once passed down from generation to generation. We no longer have the jobs that once provided self-supporting opportunities that cover all education and skill levels.

Who exactly, should the Fed support to create these jobs?
American manufacturing.
Okay. And American manufacturing is what exactly?
American manufacturing is any business that makes goods here in this country. Also, producing products here instead of importing what we did produce at one time. EXAMPLES: Steel, furniture, appliances, textiles, tools, toys, electronics, farm equipment, and housewares, just to name a few. The government, through unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies, has encouraged our plants and factories to shut down in favor of supporting foreign economies around the world. The results is a poor and dependent citizenry, surviving off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks. America no longer produces what America uses and consumes. We've become consumers and not producers. We've become import dependent.

For decades, we've sacrificed our economic well-being in favor of strengthening foreign economies, and now the chickens have come home to roost. In addition, the government supports off-shore job out-sourcing, importing labor, and allows millions of illegal immigrants to live and work in this country. It's bad enough for our work force that technology, innovation, and automation has replaced workers, but we also encourage corporations to relocate outside of our borders. We've lost skills that were once passed down from generation to generation. We no longer have the jobs that once provided self-supporting opportunities that cover all education and skill levels.
I'll skip your second paragraph, its just tripe anyway.

Did you happen to notice what you called American manufacturing? You said...

"American manufacturing is any business that makes goods here in this country."

Now, you are lambasting the FED for doing business with wall street....

Do you know who ALCOA is? How about an American steel manufacturer?

U.S. Steel is an American manufacturing business. In fact, its publically traded...

U. S. Steel Common Stock Exchange Listings and Symbol

United States Steel Corporation's stock symbol is "X". The stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (Principal Exchange) and the Chicago Stock Exchange.

Hummm...so is ALCOA....

So, the FED working with Wall Street is doing exactly what it should be doing to create jobs....You do realize that in order for America to be fully employed, that means we need jobs for every American, isn't that right?

Care to tell Me where jobs come from again?

Forum List

Back