'Jobs American won't do'?

Which Americans? What jobs? Why don't we hold a referendum and ask ALL Americans if it's OK to sell out the poor and the underclass, not base this on the rich Anglo elitist upper class Machiavellian crap. That won't happen. The real question is : Why are some of you so concerned with the welfare of foreigners that violate our laws and less worried about poor unemployed Americans? Why is this? You wallet dictates you moral concerns, and not your conscience?

Whoa. The illegals are part of the reason we now have to worry about our unemployment rate. If they weren't coming over here in droves a couple years ago, there would have been jobs that, although not pleasant, would have been done by hard-working Americans. We might have avoided this whole mess!

Really I want to know what jobs out there american's wont do please tell me. I have family that travel through florida, georgia and SC picking fruit, watermelons, plums etc. After watching dirty jobs I dont think such jobs exist.

......and you know what Agna...the Hispanics here from Mexico,might say they believe their kids should learn English,but then WHY do i see so friggin many of their parents,WHO CAN SPEAK ENGLISH decently enough,cause i have heard them speak it,WHY do they talk to their kids OUTSIDE the home in SPANISH?......

This is a ridiculous "objection" to bring up. It isn't even a relevant issue. Most second-generation immigrants are bilingual; most third-generation immigrants only speak English.

Agna....you did not grasp ONE thing i said ,did ya?......because it doesnt jell with what Agna whats to see and here.....and that statement about "reconquista?.....WTF does that have to do with this?.....ill tell you, NOTHING....piss poor comeback....and as for posting the problems the schools are having with the language problems,look at the news once in a while....but of course that dont fit into little Agna's world view....and your last statement is the one that sums up this for me......

Do you have anything specific to bring up other than this confused rambling?

We've already addressed this. You've seen the percentages of "Hispanics" and "Hispanic" immigrants who want children of immigrants to learn English; you should now be aware that most second-generation immigrants are bilingual, and third-generation immigrants only speak English. What more is there to say?

Yes, anarchist immigrants were harassed quite a bit, as we saw through the case of Sacco and Vanzetti, for instance.

I don't know the percentages but a lot, a hell of a lot, of Ellis Island type immigrants came over at the behest of some American company and already had jobs the day they landed.

The build our railroads, our canals, most of our eastern Cites skyscrapers, our cathedrals, our roads. They manned our factories and often (as in the case of my Bohemian GF) they actually came over to this nation with the plans for how one builds those factores, too.

I'm aware of that; I've been to Ellis Island. To clarify, only about 1% of Ellis Island refugees were deported. It was a wholly insignificant issue in comparison to modern trends.

But as to jobs American won't do?

Well Americans tend not to take jobs that they know cannot support them unless they're absolutely deperate.

Given that most Americans are locked into expenses which are somewhat fixed, one can hardly blame then for not taking jobs where the salaries have been depressed by having so many illegals willing to do them dirt cheap, either.

I have seen nothing indicating a causative link between illegal immigration and wage depression. I've seen correlative links between the two, but considering that most immigrants were destabilized through trade liberalization, the same factors of globalization and neoliberal expansion could be associated with the wage depression, without immigrants having caused the depression.

Moreover, even if illegal immigrants were depressing wages through their presence, that would simply be another reason to grant them amnesty and decriminalize border crossing, since they would be able to unionize and demand higher salaries.

And compete against Americans for the few jobs we have left...yep, good thinking.

......and you know what Agna...the Hispanics here from Mexico,might say they believe their kids should learn English,but then WHY do i see so friggin many of their parents,WHO CAN SPEAK ENGLISH decently enough,cause i have heard them speak it,WHY do they talk to their kids OUTSIDE the home in SPANISH?......

This is a ridiculous "objection" to bring up. It isn't even a relevant issue. Most second-generation immigrants are bilingual; most third-generation immigrants only speak English.

Agna....you did not grasp ONE thing i said ,did ya?......because it doesnt jell with what Agna whats to see and here.....and that statement about "reconquista?.....WTF does that have to do with this?.....ill tell you, NOTHING....piss poor comeback....and as for posting the problems the schools are having with the language problems,look at the news once in a while....but of course that dont fit into little Agna's world view....and your last statement is the one that sums up this for me......

We've already addressed this. You've seen the percentages of "Hispanics" and "Hispanic" immigrants who want children of immigrants to learn English; you should now be aware that most second-generation immigrants are bilingual, and third-generation immigrants only speak English. What more is there to say?

Yes, anarchist immigrants were harassed quite a bit, as we saw through the case of Sacco and Vanzetti, for instance.

I don't know the percentages but a lot, a hell of a lot, of Ellis Island type immigrants came over at the behest of some American company and already had jobs the day they landed.

The build our railroads, our canals, most of our eastern Cites skyscrapers, our cathedrals, our roads. They manned our factories and often (as in the case of my Bohemian GF) they actually came over to this nation with the plans for how one builds those factores, too.

I'm aware of that; I've been to Ellis Island. To clarify, only about 1% of Ellis Island refugees were deported. It was a wholly insignificant issue in comparison to modern trends.

Well Americans tend not to take jobs that they know cannot support them unless they're absolutely deperate.

Given that most Americans are locked into expenses which are somewhat fixed, one can hardly blame then for not taking jobs where the salaries have been depressed by having so many illegals willing to do them dirt cheap, either.

I have seen nothing indicating a causative link between illegal immigration and wage depression. I've seen correlative links between the two, but considering that most immigrants were destabilized through trade liberalization, the same factors of globalization and neoliberal expansion could be associated with the wage depression, without immigrants having caused the depression.

Moreover, even if illegal immigrants were depressing wages through their presence, that would simply be another reason to grant them amnesty and decriminalize border crossing, since they would be able to unionize and demand higher salaries.

I hear that Agno has been banned but just in case....

Any student of modern U.S. history must be aware that we have already tried guest worker programs and amnesty with disastrous results.

The guest worker program known as the Bracero Program was finally killed back in the late 60’s because it simply didn’t work as advertised and the Reagan Amnesty was a disaster because all it did was encourage millions of illegals to cross the border in hopes of becoming part of the next amnesty folly. :cuckoo:

Let's ask Mike Roe (of "Dirty Jobs" fame ) and see what the hubbub is about. I bet that paycheck has more to do with the "do-ability" of ANY job, not the job itself. So, it's more about how cheap an employer will go until nobody will work for the S.O.B., perhaps. Desperate illegal aliens will do ANYTHING to make money, and they want a better life, too. So all those small, medium or huge businesses balance that, and it's not to hard to figure out why and how we got into this situation, or, for that matter, who supports illegal aliens. And, it's not for diversity or to fight racism or that bullocks, either. We ALL know better than that now.

Squishi - Agna is banned, Sky has quit, and I am still waiting for you to provide an answer to what I asked you. Until you do there is no point in going on with this conversation.

Well, hello, Ravioli! Agna was banned? I'm not surprised, it's censorship that is the bad guy here, I was amused by his posts. Too bad. Sky quit? Hmm. Too bad, perhaps she's smarter than the rest of us. Your question? Hmm Gosh, I'm too busy avoiding bankruptcy, losing my job or get my throat slit by your beloved "immigrants" to remember exactly what it was. I bet you remember mine, though. And guess what? Although you may not have to deal with this situation in real time, I do and it isn't getting better because of people like you, Sky or Agnost. I feel like Humpty Dumpty, and all those liberal crappy excuses of yours won't put things back together again. Sorry. Glad yer still here, though.

Squishi - Agna is banned, Sky has quit, and I am still waiting for you to provide an answer to what I asked you. Until you do there is no point in going on with this conversation.

Well, hello, Ravioli! Agna was banned? I'm not surprised, it's censorship that is the bad guy here, I was amused by his posts. Too bad. Sky quit? Hmm. Too bad, perhaps she's smarter than the rest of us. Your question? Hmm Gosh, I'm too busy avoiding bankruptcy, losing my job or get my throat slit by your beloved "immigrants" to remember exactly what it was. I bet you remember mine, though. And guess what? Although you may not have to deal with this situation in real time, I do and it isn't getting better because of people like you, Sky or Agnost. I feel like Humpty Dumpty, and all those liberal crappy excuses of yours won't put things back together again. Sorry. Glad yer still here, though.
Ditto...have a cafe con leche on me, Squishi, and a nice fat Cuban.

:lol:

I hear that Agno has been banned but just in case....

Any student of modern U.S. history must be aware that we have already tried guest worker programs and amnesty with disastrous results.

The guest worker program known as the Bracero Program was finally killed back in the late 60’s because it simply didn’t work as advertised and the Reagan Amnesty was a disaster because all it did was encourage millions of illegals to cross the border in hopes of becoming part of the next amnesty folly. :cuckoo:

I agree with this

the Reagan Amnesty was a disaster because all it did was encourage millions of illegals to cross the border in hopes of becoming part of the next amnesty folly.

^Fucking Silly Boo Boo bumping decade-old threads.
I wish the archives went back to the 2000's when Bush was president. Then I'd show you all what hypocrites and sheep you all really are. Back when you were defending

Illegals
Shit coming from China
And sending our best paying labor jobs overseas.

You republicans wonder why America isn't great now after you sent all the best paying blue collar jobs to Mexico? After you defended illegals saying they were just doing jobs Americans wouldn't do? And you argued in favor of buying cheap shit from China. Don't you remember? I do.

^Fucking Silly Boo Boo bumping decade-old threads.
I wish the archives went back to the 2000's when Bush was president. Then I'd show you all what hypocrites and sheep you all really are. Back when you were defending

Illegals
Shit coming from China
And sending our best paying labor jobs overseas.

You republicans wonder why America isn't great now after you sent all the best paying blue collar jobs to Mexico? After you defended illegals saying they were just doing jobs Americans wouldn't do? And you argued in favor of buying cheap shit from China. Don't you remember? I do.

Who promulgated that? The Bushes? Yes! Fuck the Bushes.

I for one, have never been in favor of illegals taking jobs from my white, black, and Cuban friends. No sir!

Can't say I've ever bumped a 10 year old thread either. Fuckin aye, you're worse than Ropey.

Forum List

Back