'Jobs American won't do'?

Same thing happened with Tyson Chicken. They were raided last year or the year before and the next day there was a line around the block of AMERICANS that wanted to do the work.

So Republicans can blame the bleeding heart liberals all they want. If it weren't for illegal employers, they would all go home.

And then Republicans want to suggest that these small business owners aren't all Republicans.

Ok, sure, Joe the Plumber.

the people who lean to the right have been saying all along that before all this immigration shit exploded,that it was AMERICANS who did all these jobs.....and many left leaners also were saying this.....and all those small businesses are not all owned by repubs....and for you to even suggest that they are Bobo tells me,that all the posters here that call you a MORON.....they just may be right.....

You forgot this already Mr. Revisionist History?

[Speaking to the AFL-CIO's Building and Construction Trades Department, McCain took] questions, including a pointed one on his immigration plan.

McCain responded by saying immigrants were taking jobs nobody else wanted. He offered anybody in the crowd $50 an hour to pick lettuce in Arizona.

Shouts of protest rose from the crowd, with some accepting McCain's job offer.

"I'll take it!" one man shouted.

McCain insisted none of them would do such menial labor for a complete season. "You can't do it, my friends."

Sorry my right leaning friend. It was your party that started this shit.

And now you will try to revise history.

Just because NOT EVERY small business owner is a Redumblican does not mean that your party doesn't own this problem.

Just like Freddy and fanny doesn't mean that the Dems are equally responsible for the housing crash. If you know all the facts, you'd know that Freddy & Fanny make up a very small percentage of this crisis.

BOBO....your quoting a fucker trying to get votes.....he would say anything if he knew that there are 1000 morons in the crowd.......come on you can do better than that.....

same thing happened with tyson chicken. They were raided last year or the year before and the next day there was a line around the block of americans that wanted to do the work.

So republicans can blame the bleeding heart liberals all they want. If it weren't for illegal employers, they would all go home.

And then republicans want to suggest that these small business owners aren't all republicans.

Ok, sure, joe the plumber.

the people who lean to the right have been saying all along that before all this immigration shit exploded,that it was americans who did all these jobs.....and many left leaners also were saying this.....and all those small businesses are not all owned by repubs....and for you to even suggest that they are bobo tells me,that all the posters here that call you a moron.....they just may be right.....

you forgot this already mr. Revisionist history?

[speaking to the afl-cio's building and construction trades department, mccain took] questions, including a pointed one on his immigration plan.

Mccain responded by saying immigrants were taking jobs nobody else wanted. He offered anybody in the crowd $50 an hour to pick lettuce in arizona.

Shouts of protest rose from the crowd, with some accepting mccain's job offer.

"i'll take it!" one man shouted.

Mccain insisted none of them would do such menial labor for a complete season. "you can't do it, my friends."

sorry my right leaning friend. It was your party that started this shit.

And now you will try to revise history.

Just because not every small business owner is a redumblican does not mean that your party doesn't own this problem.

Just like freddy and fanny doesn't mean that the dems are equally responsible for the housing crash. If you know all the facts, you'd know that freddy & fanny make up a very small percentage of this crisis.

its not my party bobo......sorry......

when my grandparents came here Agna,(around 1910)they had to have someone here that they knew and a job waiting,and lo and behold they filled out the proper papers,its called doing it LEGALLY,now what part of LEGALL and ILLEGALL entry are you having problems with?......
So your grandparents got special treatment. Interesting. Now even if an immigrant has a job waiting they often get turned away. What changed?

its called FILLING OUT THE PROPER FORMS....to apply for citizenship,is that so fucking hard to understand?.......

Yeah, and there isn't any meaningful difference between what the majority of immigrants did then and what immigrants do now. They decided to make the journey and they made it.

Same thing happened with Tyson Chicken. They were raided last year or the year before and the next day there was a line around the block of AMERICANS that wanted to do the work.

So Republicans can blame the bleeding heart liberals all they want. If it weren't for illegal employers, they would all go home.

And then Republicans want to suggest that these small business owners aren't all Republicans.

Ok, sure, Joe the Plumber.

There goes idiot BOBO again suggesting all Bussiness owners are Republicans, and that only Republicans hire illegals.

Such a simple minded fool.

You make $45K a year as a trucker and you are a republican. So I understand that not every small business owner is a Republican. But if you had to guess, what do you think the percentage is? 70% of small business owners voted for Bush over Gore? I bet the number went down in 2004 and even more in 2008. Even small business owners knew Joe the Plumber was full of shit.

Actually, I take that back. That Joe the Plumber bullshit actually worked on a lot of small business owners. Even their employees decided last minute to vote for McCain because of Joe the Plumber. This one dumb blonde said to me, "I'm voting for McCain because Obama will tax the owner of my salon and she won't be able to hire more people....

What an idiot she was/is. But I still screw her Charlie. She's still good for that. Actually, knowing she voted for McCain makes it even more fun banging her head into my headboard.

Remember you guys suggested that it was a GIVEN and a FACT that McCain would win the military vote? Well why were you being such a simple minded fool then to assume? Probably because historically, you were correct, just like I am now about small business owners.

But the fact is, most small business owners and most military people WERE Republicans.

But that doesn't mean it can't/hasn't/won't change.

I believe it already has.

I think a lot of small business owners have run from the GOP in the last 8 years.

Just like Bush's quagmire probably turned a lot of military people into FLAMING LIBERALS!
so if you voted for Bush over Gore.....then you must be a Republican?.....interesting....did it ever occur to you Bobo,that maybe many people could not STAND GORE.....INCLUDING MANY DEMOCRATES?....

So why aren't the Democrats fixing it then? They did win as Nancy Pelosi is so found of saying?

Obama has been president from 1-20 to 2-23. He has tackled more in 30 days than Bush did in 8 years.

Reuters Sobs: Illegal Aliens Are Going Home

Mexican illegal immigrant Lindi sat down with her husband Marco Antonio in the weeks before Christmas to decide when to go back to Mexico.

She has spent three years working as a hairdresser in and around Phoenix, but now she figures it is time to go back to her hometown of Aguascalientes in central Mexico.

“The situation has got so tough that there don’t seem to be many options left for us,” Lindi, who asked for her last name not to be used, told Reuters.

The couple are among a growing number of illegal immigrants across the United States who are starting to pack their bags and move on as a crackdown on undocumented immigrants widens and the U.S. economy slows, turning a traditional Christmas trek home into a one-way trip… :clap2:

Way to go Pelosi, Reed & Obama.

yea those 3 are the reason......:lol:......

when my grandparents came here Agna,(around 1910)they had to have someone here that they knew and a job waiting,and lo and behold they filled out the proper papers,its called doing it LEGALLY,now what part of LEGALL and ILLEGALL entry are you having problems with?......
So your grandparents got special treatment. Interesting. Now even if an immigrant has a job waiting they often get turned away. What changed?

its called FILLING OUT THE PROPER FORMS....to apply for citizenship,is that so fucking hard to understand?.......
I'm sure most of them would be eager to fill out the proper forms.

I suppose in your mind WOPs were mythological beings.

The best system to get illegals out is the deny them employment.

The best system to keep them from coming in is beyond our ability to do.

That would require that Mexico was a functioning economy which took care of its workers.

Given that the USA doesn't do that, there's damned all chance we can do that for the illegals.

But we ought to be seriously finding companies that hire illegals,

And in especially egregious cases where is is a drop dead certainty that the owners or management knew perfectly well they wee hiring many illegals, those people ough to to go to prison.

As to the ongoing debate about "small businesses"

What you and I think of as a "small" business, and what the government defines as a "small business" are light years apart.

(waving to my patriot friends)

Synopsis; Company 'wasn't aware' 70% of their employees were illegals (yeah,OK);500 applicants showed up for the 175 now-vacant jobs.

175 Santa Rosa workers lose jobs in immigration audit | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

About 175 Latino workers at NeilMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. in Santa Rosa are without jobs following a probe last week into their legal status by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

Most of the workers resigned voluntarily after they were told they didn’t have proper documents to work in the United States, a company spokeswoman said.

But a spokesman for the workers said NeilMed forced them to resign or have their cases turned over to federal authorities.

Last week’s action purged 70 percent of the 250-employee workforce at NeilMed, a fast-growing company that makes nasal rinse products for sinus sufferers.

175 Santa Rosa workers lose jobs in immigration audit | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

shortened and linked to comply with board copyright rules

I fricking guarantee if they start to advertise the immediate openings, they will get American employees (Latinos, Blacks, White and Asian Americans) to fill the vacancies within a few weeks. Basically they will get flooded with applications, it will be on the company to interview and hire the employees!

What people have to realize is its not immigrants or even Latinos (more specifically Mexicans) that people have a problem with it the illegal immigrant status is the issue. Its not xenophobe!

yea they are just lined up out here Ravi......the INS office over here has a line going out into the parking lot.....give me a break,you sure Agna did not post that using your name....and as for the WOP crack.....i have been called that many a time....

yea they are just lined up out here Ravi......the INS office over here has a line going out into the parking lot.....give me a break,you sure Agna did not post that using your name....and as for the WOP crack.....i have been called that many a time....
You realize it means without papers, correct? Which puts into doubt your assertion that everyone that immigrated before the current population of immigrants was legal.

My fore fathers did not fight for this country to have people from other countries come in illegally...just to get tax breaks from the government or special government funded money so they can start up shop.

Im not saying they dont deserve to come to America...but they should have to do it the correct way...and not expect any type of help.

You realize it means without papers, correct? Which puts into doubt your assertion that everyone that immigrated before the current population of immigrants was legal.

i know what it means bright eyes.....and your last sentence,never said that.... your not LEGAL now or then UNTIL you fill out the proper paperwork,and at least begin the journey to LEGALIZATION.....until that happens you are ILLEGAL......why do pro-illegal people find that so hard to grasp?

Agnost, ever wonder why California has record deficits? All those uncontrolled immigrants...Well, they don't help, do they? All those scuzzy jerks that employ them? Gosh. My dear old sis, in Modesto, she has bukku bucks, and she hires cheap Hispanic laborers on the cheap to do all sorts of stuff. She thinks I sound like "Archie Bunker" and that, as far as SHE is concerned, is were the issue ends. Our dear brother and his wife lost their home in Pacifica of 15 years, to some inflexible old Hispanic woman. (his words, not mime). San Francisco is a "sanctuary City" and he swears he will never go back to California. Sis makes a hell of a lot more, she has nothing to be afraid of. Well, that; boyo, that is the heart of the matter. Money. Isn't it? Hispanics make great little cheap expendable laborers...(slavery isn't dead) and they have a great culture too. Just as long as you live in some gated secure rich sanctuary, and THEY are in their snug secure little concentration camp barrios, then god is in his heaven and everything is just spiffy. Except, it isn't going so well out there in the golden gate state, is it, Agnost?

Actually, the term WOP doesn't mean without papers and never did. Instead, it is Italian in derivation, from Neapolitan and Sicilian "guappo" , meaning a dandy, dude, a swell, or a bold showy ruffian. It appeared, significantly, during the peak of Italian immigration to the United States, among a population predominantly from southern Italy, especially from the Naples area.

If I were a wagering man, I would wager that not one example of an archived immigration form from the time in question can be found that bears the acronym "WOP"

Agnost thinks that " there is no functional difference" between legal and illegal immigrants. Perhaps there is no functional difference between your sphincter and your mouth, either. What the hell are you trying to prove, boyo? Call me sentimental, perhaps it's a fundamental; difference between the pro and anti- illegal camps. All they have to do is...You know, immigrate legally. Is isn't such a hard concept to grasp: HONESTY. Is it? Perhaps you should refresh yourself with the definition , them get back to us with further crap.

Agnost, ever wonder why California has record deficits? All those uncontrolled immigrants...Well, they don't help, do they? All those scuzzy jerks that employ them? Gosh. My dear old sis, in Modesto, she has bukku bucks, and she hires cheap Hispanic laborers on the cheap to do all sorts of stuff. She thinks I sound like "Archie Bunker" and that, as far as SHE is concerned, is were the issue ends. Our dear brother and his wife lost their home in Pacifica of 15 years, to some inflexible old Hispanic woman. (his words, not mime). San Francisco is a "sanctuary City" and he swears he will never go back to California. Sis makes a hell of a lot more, she has nothing to be afraid of. Well, that; boyo, that is the heart of the matter. Money. Isn't it? Hispanics make great little cheap expendable laborers...(slavery isn't dead) and they have a great culture too. Just as long as you live in some gated secure rich sanctuary, and THEY are in their snug secure little concentration camp barrios, then god is in his heaven and everything is just spiffy. Except, it isn't going so well out there in the golden gate state, is it, Agnost?

California isn't the only state in deep fiscal trouble, in part, because of the deluge of illegals. The vast majority of the research on the subject demonstrates that the illegals cost us significantly more than they contribute.

Editec is correct that the best system for getting the illegals out of the U.S. is to deny them employment. Going after the larger employers first will put pressure on the smaller ones to abandon their use of illegals and eventually, the vast majority will simply go back to Mexico on their own.

But, he is wrong that we can’t close our Southern border. We have troops assigned all over the world performing unnecessary and outdated missions. As of May 1, 2003, there were over 112,000 U.S. troops based in Europe alone, and that is not counting the huge increase that has taken place since then in response to need for ever more men in our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have many thousands of troops stationed in Germany alone, a nation that charges us billions to be there and a population that really doesn't want us there.

Allowing for about 18 inches per man from the outside of one shoulder to the outside of the other, that would add up to about 168,000 feet if one were to line them up shoulder to shoulder. The U.S./Mexican border stretches 1951 miles from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico. That’s 10301280 feet. If one does the math, that works out to about 61 feet of border per man. That is a pretty small amount of real estate for a trained soldier to patrol, even in the worst of conditions. And, that doesn’t count the tens of thousands of our troops that are based in Asia and the Pacific. Even an old man like me can easily patrol and control 61 feet of border!

The bottom line is that we are expending huge amounts of money and other resources in Europe when they no longer need us there. Bring those boys home to safety and assign them to a real American Security mission, closing our borders!

I notice Agnost, Ravi,& Skydancer aren't posting here anymore. I guess, once they get knocked of their holier-than thou pedestals, They take their toys and go elsewhere? They aren't as smart or moral as they would have us believe.They suppose we are straw men? Whipping boys. What? We are just going to lay down and die? For for all their moralistic BS, the essence of their ideals and their post is: The ends justifies the means. Illegals aren't accountable for ANYTHING and they don't have be ethical, they can ignore any rules they want. They are..underdogs, they are minorities, hence they deserve support and pity and all that junk. And, it's good for all those upper-class elitist intellectuals with guilt issues . It kills two birds with one stone. Sleep better knowing you support illegals? As long as your daddy makes money hiring them, that you don't live with those ...poor poor underdogs ya all support, everything is just spiffy. Right, guys?

Squishi - Agna is banned, Sky has quit, and I am still waiting for you to provide an answer to what I asked you. Until you do there is no point in going on with this conversation.

Squishi - Agna is banned, Sky has quit, and I am still waiting for you to provide an answer to what I asked you. Until you do there is no point in going on with this conversation.

In other words, you can't make the case that the illegals should be given amnesty and that unscrupulous employers shouldn't be punished???

Quitting the field is often the resort of those who are bankrupt of any original ideas, or of a winning argument.

Forum List

Back