'Jobs American won't do'?

isn't it a felony to sneak across the us border.....isn't it a felony to aid a felon in the commission of a felony.....

just another piece of shit pro-ILLEGAL immigration organization....

Considering that the vast majority of European immigrants essentially had to just make it to Ellis Island to qualify for entry, your distinctions between legal and illegal immigration aren't especially "hard-hitting."

That's not true, exactly.

They had to pass the physical, they couldn't be on a black list (communist anarchists, criminal records for examples).

I don't know the percentages but a lot, a hell of a lot, of Ellis Island type immigrants came over at the behest of some American company and already had jobs the day they landed.

The build our railroads, our canals, most of our eastern Cites skyscrapers, our cathedrals, our roads. They manned our factories and often (as in the case of my Bohemian GF) they actually came over to this nation with the plans for how one builds those factores, too.

But as to jobs American won't do?

Well Americans tend not to take jobs that they know cannot support them unless they're absolutely deperate.

Given that most Americans are locked into expenses which are somewhat fixed, one can hardly blame then for not taking jobs where the salaries have been depressed by having so many illegals willing to do them dirt cheap, either.

Considering that the vast majority of European immigrants essentially had to just make it to Ellis Island to qualify for entry, your distinctions between legal and illegal immigration aren't especially "hard-hitting."

when my grandparents came here Agna,(around 1910)they had to have someone here that they knew and a job waiting,and lo and behold they filled out the proper papers,its called doing it LEGALLY,now what part of LEGALL and ILLEGALL entry are you having problems with?......

While I am against illegal immigration I have to point out that in 1910 You could not enter this country illegally. Before the 20's there were no restrictions on immigration at all, Anyone could come. Yes they did go through channels and sign papers on entry, but there were not any legal road blocks to them coming in the first place.

However that does not make it any less illegal when people ignore our current immigration laws.

In the 20's we made laws controlling who and how many could come because we had to. It became apparent we could not just let everyone come or we would be quickly over whelmed with immigrants and not be able to keep up. That fact is only more true today than it was then. We simply can not just let everyone who wants to come here come.

Charles,

I agree with your premise, that we simply can’t throw open our borders.

But, you’re mistaken regarding the history of our immigration law. The first significant immigration law restricting access to the U.S. was passed on May 6, 1882 and was titled The Chinese Exclusion Act. It was limited to ten years at first. But it was extended ten years in 1892 and again with no terminal date in 1902. It was repealed in 1943.

By the way, it was the first immigration law based strictly on race, and remains so to this day. The remainder of our immigration law history is of national origin based restrictions.

Same thing happened with Tyson Chicken. They were raided last year or the year before and the next day there was a line around the block of AMERICANS that wanted to do the work.

So Republicans can blame the bleeding heart liberals all they want. If it weren't for illegal employers, they would all go home.

And then Republicans want to suggest that these small business owners aren't all Republicans.

Ok, sure, Joe the Plumber.

the people who lean to the right have been saying all along that before all this immigration shit exploded,that it was AMERICANS who did all these jobs.....and many left leaners also were saying this.....and all those small businesses are not all owned by repubs....and for you to even suggest that they are Bobo tells me,that all the posters here that call you a MORON.....they just may be right.....

Just like you guys claim to own the military vote, you also suggest you are the party for small business'.

And until the GOP COMPLETELY fucked up the economy, I would say you were right. But most of my small business owner friends have RUN from the GOP in the last 8 years.

This is like when your kid does something good and you say, "look at my kid", but then when your kid fucks up, you look at your wife and say, "look what your kid is doing".

But seriously, the vast majority of small business owners at least WERE Republicans. Not true?

when my grandparents came here Agna,(around 1910)they had to have someone here that they knew and a job waiting,and lo and behold they filled out the proper papers,its called doing it LEGALLY,now what part of LEGALL and ILLEGALL entry are you having problems with?......

While I am against illegal immigration I have to point out that in 1910 You could not enter this country illegally. Before the 20's there were no restrictions on immigration at all, Anyone could come. Yes they did go through channels and sign papers on entry, but there were not any legal road blocks to them coming in the first place.

However that does not make it any less illegal when people ignore our current immigration laws.

In the 20's we made laws controlling who and how many could come because we had to. It became apparent we could not just let everyone come or we would be quickly over whelmed with immigrants and not be able to keep up. That fact is only more true today than it was then. We simply can not just let everyone who wants to come here come.

Charles,

I agree with your premise, that we simply can’t throw open our borders.

But, you’re mistaken regarding the history of our immigration law. The first significant immigration law restricting access to the U.S. was passed on May 6, 1882 and was titled The Chinese Exclusion Act. It was limited to ten years at first. But it was extended ten years in 1892 and again with no terminal date in 1902. It was repealed in 1943.

By the way, it was the first immigration law based strictly on race, and remains so to this day. The remainder of our immigration law history is of national origin based restrictions.

What about how we treat Cuban's who swim/boat over differently than we do Haitians?

Same thing happened with Tyson Chicken. They were raided last year or the year before and the next day there was a line around the block of AMERICANS that wanted to do the work.

So Republicans can blame the bleeding heart liberals all they want. If it weren't for illegal employers, they would all go home.

And then Republicans want to suggest that these small business owners aren't all Republicans.

the people who lean to the right have been saying all along that before all this immigration shit exploded,that it was AMERICANS who did all these jobs.....and many left leaners also were saying this.....and all those small businesses are not all owned by repubs....and for you to even suggest that they are Bobo tells me,that all the posters here that call you a MORON.....they just may be right.....

I really want you to read this one:

ThomHartmann.com - Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

But if you have time:
ThomHartmann.com - Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

No, not ALL those business' are owned by Redumblicans

And not all those people who lean to the right have been saying all along that.....

In fact, it was people who lean to the right that first started this shit about JOBS AMERICANS WON'T DO.

Who started that phrase?

You forgot this already Mr. Revisionist History?

[Speaking to the AFL-CIO's Building and Construction Trades Department, McCain took] questions, including a pointed one on his immigration plan.

McCain responded by saying immigrants were taking jobs nobody else wanted. He offered anybody in the crowd $50 an hour to pick lettuce in Arizona.

Shouts of protest rose from the crowd, with some accepting McCain's job offer.

"I'll take it!" one man shouted.

McCain insisted none of them would do such menial labor for a complete season. "You can't do it, my friends."

Sorry my right leaning friend. It was your party that started this shit.

And now you will try to revise history.

Just because NOT EVERY small business owner is a Redumblican does not mean that your party doesn't own this problem.

Just like Freddy and fanny doesn't mean that the Dems are equally responsible for the housing crash. If you know all the facts, you'd know that Freddy & Fanny make up a very small percentage of this crisis.

There goes idiot BOBO again suggesting all Bussiness owners are Republicans, and that only Republicans hire illegals.

Such a simple minded fool.

......and you know what Agna...the Hispanics here from Mexico,might say they believe their kids should learn English,but then WHY do i see so friggin many of their parents,WHO CAN SPEAK ENGLISH decently enough,cause i have heard them speak it,WHY do they talk to their kids OUTSIDE the home in SPANISH?......

This is a ridiculous "objection" to bring up. It isn't even a relevant issue. Most second-generation immigrants are bilingual; most third-generation immigrants only speak English.

Agna....you did not grasp ONE thing i said ,did ya?......because it doesnt jell with what Agna whats to see and here.....and that statement about "reconquista?.....WTF does that have to do with this?.....ill tell you, NOTHING....piss poor comeback....and as for posting the problems the schools are having with the language problems,look at the news once in a while....but of course that dont fit into little Agna's world view....and your last statement is the one that sums up this for me......

Do you have anything specific to bring up other than this confused rambling?

your right theres nothing wrong with being bilingual......but when the little tykes are ready to start school,and mommy and daddy both know English,BUT yet converse to the little ones in Spanish all the time,and the kids dont know English,then there is a problem Agna,and if you dont see that,then you are obviously one of the people i am speaking about.....quit being an apologist for these people Agna,you are not doing them any favors,i know Mexicans who are harder on these people to assimilate,then many non-Mexicans......but the difference here is.....THEY know that they are no longer in Mexico.....DO YOU?

We've already addressed this. You've seen the percentages of "Hispanics" and "Hispanic" immigrants who want children of immigrants to learn English; you should now be aware that most second-generation immigrants are bilingual, and third-generation immigrants only speak English. What more is there to say?

That's not true, exactly.

They had to pass the physical, they couldn't be on a black list (communist anarchists, criminal records for examples).

Yes, anarchist immigrants were harassed quite a bit, as we saw through the case of Sacco and Vanzetti, for instance.

I don't know the percentages but a lot, a hell of a lot, of Ellis Island type immigrants came over at the behest of some American company and already had jobs the day they landed.

The build our railroads, our canals, most of our eastern Cites skyscrapers, our cathedrals, our roads. They manned our factories and often (as in the case of my Bohemian GF) they actually came over to this nation with the plans for how one builds those factores, too.

I'm aware of that; I've been to Ellis Island. To clarify, only about 1% of Ellis Island refugees were deported. It was a wholly insignificant issue in comparison to modern trends.

But as to jobs American won't do?

Well Americans tend not to take jobs that they know cannot support them unless they're absolutely deperate.

Given that most Americans are locked into expenses which are somewhat fixed, one can hardly blame then for not taking jobs where the salaries have been depressed by having so many illegals willing to do them dirt cheap, either.

I have seen nothing indicating a causative link between illegal immigration and wage depression. I've seen correlative links between the two, but considering that most immigrants were destabilized through trade liberalization, the same factors of globalization and neoliberal expansion could be associated with the wage depression, without immigrants having caused the depression.

Moreover, even if illegal immigrants were depressing wages through their presence, that would simply be another reason to grant them amnesty and decriminalize border crossing, since they would be able to unionize and demand higher salaries.

So your grandparents got special treatment. Interesting. Now even if an immigrant has a job waiting they often get turned away. What changed?

There goes idiot BOBO again suggesting all Bussiness owners are Republicans, and that only Republicans hire illegals.

Such a simple minded fool.

You make $45K a year as a trucker and you are a republican. So I understand that not every small business owner is a Republican. But if you had to guess, what do you think the percentage is? 70% of small business owners voted for Bush over Gore? I bet the number went down in 2004 and even more in 2008. Even small business owners knew Joe the Plumber was full of shit.

Actually, I take that back. That Joe the Plumber bullshit actually worked on a lot of small business owners. Even their employees decided last minute to vote for McCain because of Joe the Plumber. This one dumb blonde said to me, "I'm voting for McCain because Obama will tax the owner of my salon and she won't be able to hire more people....

What an idiot she was/is. But I still screw her Charlie. She's still good for that. Actually, knowing she voted for McCain makes it even more fun banging her head into my headboard.

Remember you guys suggested that it was a GIVEN and a FACT that McCain would win the military vote? Well why were you being such a simple minded fool then to assume? Probably because historically, you were correct, just like I am now about small business owners.

But the fact is, most small business owners and most military people WERE Republicans.

But that doesn't mean it can't/hasn't/won't change.

I believe it already has.

I think a lot of small business owners have run from the GOP in the last 8 years.

Just like Bush's quagmire probably turned a lot of military people into FLAMING LIBERALS!

So why aren't the Democrats fixing it then? They did win as Nancy Pelosi is so found of saying?

Obama has been president from 1-20 to 2-23. He has tackled more in 30 days than Bush did in 8 years.

Reuters Sobs: Illegal Aliens Are Going Home

Mexican illegal immigrant Lindi sat down with her husband Marco Antonio in the weeks before Christmas to decide when to go back to Mexico.

She has spent three years working as a hairdresser in and around Phoenix, but now she figures it is time to go back to her hometown of Aguascalientes in central Mexico.

“The situation has got so tough that there don’t seem to be many options left for us,” Lindi, who asked for her last name not to be used, told Reuters.

The couple are among a growing number of illegal immigrants across the United States who are starting to pack their bags and move on as a crackdown on undocumented immigrants widens and the U.S. economy slows, turning a traditional Christmas trek home into a one-way trip… :clap2:

Way to go Pelosi, Reed & Obama.

Which Americans? What jobs? Why don't we hold a referendum and ask ALL Americans if it's OK to sell out the poor and the underclass, not base this on the rich Anglo elitist upper class Machiavellian crap. That won't happen. The real question is : Why are some of you so concerned with the welfare of foreigners that violate our laws and less worried about poor unemployed Americans? Why is this? You wallet dictates you moral concerns, and not your conscience?

So why aren't the Democrats fixing it then? They did win as Nancy Pelosi is so found of saying?

Also, way to go GOP. If you didn't ruin the global economy so bad, the illegals would still be here.

Bullcrap. They came when things were good and are leaving now that the getting is getting tougher.

Bullcrap. They came when things were good and are leaving now that the getting is getting tougher.

That's an extraordinarily poor analysis of the dynamics of the immigration issue. Many of the migration patterns from other countries to the U.S. are spurned by the aftermath of colonization (as in the case of Puerto Rico, for instance), and more recently, by the aftermath of trade liberalization (as in the case of Mexico, for instance.) Both are unjust forms of globalization.

But seriously, the vast majority of small business owners at least WERE Republicans. Not true?
Bobo your saying here that only a handful of Democrats have ever owned small businesses.......are you serious?......in find that pretty damed hard to believe,Dems. for whatever reason just DONT open up small businesses.......AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??

Forum List

Back