'Jobs American won't do'?

LRQ88

Rookie
Feb 21, 2009
(waving to my patriot friends)

Synopsis; Company 'wasn't aware' 70% of their employees were illegals (yeah,OK);500 applicants showed up for the 175 now-vacant jobs.

175 Santa Rosa workers lose jobs in immigration audit | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

About 175 Latino workers at NeilMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. in Santa Rosa are without jobs following a probe last week into their legal status by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

Most of the workers resigned voluntarily after they were told they didn’t have proper documents to work in the United States, a company spokeswoman said.

But a spokesman for the workers said NeilMed forced them to resign or have their cases turned over to federal authorities.

Last week’s action purged 70 percent of the 250-employee workforce at NeilMed, a fast-growing company that makes nasal rinse products for sinus sufferers.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...a-Rosa-workers-lose-jobs-in-immigration-audit

shortened and linked to comply with board copyright rules

{The group he represents, Orange County-based Hermandad General de Trabajadores}

just another piece of shit pro-ILLEGAL immigration organization....

Considering that the vast majority of European immigrants essentially had to just make it to Ellis Island to qualify for entry, your distinctions between legal and illegal immigration aren't especially "hard-hitting."

when my grandparents came here Agna,(around 1910)they had to have someone here that they knew and a job waiting,and lo and behold they filled out the proper papers,its called doing it LEGALLY,now what part of LEGALL and ILLEGALL entry are you having problems with?......

Considering that the vast majority of European immigrants essentially had to just make it to Ellis Island to qualify for entry, your distinctions between legal and illegal immigration aren't especially "hard-hitting."

when my grandparents came here Agna,(around 1910)they had to have someone here that they knew and a job waiting,and lo and behold they filled out the proper papers,its called doing it LEGALLY,now what part of LEGALL and ILLEGALL entry are you having problems with?......

While I am against illegal immigration I have to point out that in 1910 You could not enter this country illegally. Before the 20's there were no restrictions on immigration at all, Anyone could come. Yes they did go through channels and sign papers on entry, but there were not any legal road blocks to them coming in the first place.

However that does not make it any less illegal when people ignore our current immigration laws.

In the 20's we made laws controlling who and how many could come because we had to. It became apparent we could not just let everyone come or we would be quickly over whelmed with immigrants and not be able to keep up. That fact is only more true today than it was then. We simply can not just let everyone who wants to come here come.

Last edited:

Mostly the spelling errors.

Your grandparents were likely members of an ethnic or racial minority if there were active restrictions on their entry, otherwise your story is of dubious legitimacy. Merely "filling out papers" does not qualify as an entry restriction, incidentally. As Charles points out, there were few restrictions on immigration in that era. It was primarily a matter of simply making it to Ellis Island.

In the 20's we made laws controlling who and how many could come because we had to. It became apparent we could not just let everyone come or we would be quickly over whelmed with immigrants and not be able to keep up. That fact is only more true today than it was then. We simply can not just let everyone who wants to come here come.

Actually, it would probably be feasible to let everyone who wants to come here come. The fundamental core of the problem is the reason for the mass exodus from Mexico and other parts of Latin America. Have you ever wondered why there are no fences and guards at the California-Nevada border, yet there are no floods of migrants crossing into one from the other? Because there is no major wealth disparity between California and Nevada, as opposed to California and Baja California. It would probably be reasonable to have open borders, and the fundamental solution is reversing the huge wealth disparities between the U.S. and Mexico, primarily caused through trade liberalization.

Mostly the spelling errors.

Your grandparents were likely members of an ethnic or racial minority if there were active restrictions on their entry, otherwise your story is of dubious legitimacy. Merely "filling out papers" does not qualify as an entry restriction, incidentally. As Charles points out, there were few restrictions on immigration in that era. It was primarily a matter of simply making it to Ellis Island.

Actually, it would probably be feasible to let everyone who wants to come here come. The fundamental core of the problem is the reason for the mass exodus from Mexico and other parts of Latin America. Have you ever wondered why there are no fences and guards at the California-Nevada border, yet there are no floods of migrants crossing into one from the other? Because there is no major wealth disparity between California and Nevada, as opposed to California and Baja California. It would probably be reasonable to have open borders, and the fundamental solution is reversing the huge wealth disparities between the U.S. and Mexico, primarily caused through trade liberalization.

Agna lets make this so even a staunch pro-illegal guy like yourself can understand.....my grandparents and MANY more back then,PLAYED BY THE RULES IN PLACE AT THE TIME.....compared to a hell of a lot of the immigrants of today who dont......and dont feel that they have too......the difference is the ATTITUDE.....the immigrant of yesteryear,came here with their sleeves rolled up and said"WHAT can i do to help,and how can i fit in"........today,a great majority say"FUCK YOU i dont have to fit in and YOU had better learn my language.....oh and by the way....what benifits can i get".....and please dont tell me this attitude does not exist,a dear late Mexican friend of mine got in MANY arguments with his fellow "countrymen",more than once because of this....ATTITUDE has lot to do with this situation.....

Agna lets make this so even a staunch pro-illegal guy like yourself can understand.....my grandparents and MANY more back then,PLAYED BY THE RULES IN PLACE AT THE TIME.....compared to a hell of a lot of the immigrants of today who dont......and dont feel that they have too......

And I'm merely pointing out that there's no functional difference between the immigration pattern of your grandparents and the immigration pattern of modern border crossers. Both decided to make the journey and they made it. It's certainly not the fault of modern immigrants that ineffective restrictions have been put in place; it's the fault of the misguided legislator who hopes to garner approval from the misinformed constituency. I've advocated a very specific framework that would end problems associated with immigration. It involves the decriminalization of border crossing, the granting of amnesty to illegal immigrants, and the reversal of trade liberalization.

the difference is the ATTITUDE.....the immigrant of yesteryear,came here with their sleeves rolled up and said"WHAT can i do to help,and how can i fit in"........today,a great majority say"FUCK YOU i dont have to fit in and YOU had better learn my language.....oh and by the way....what benifits can i get".....and please dont tell me this attitude does not exist,a dear late Mexican friend of mine got in MANY arguments with his fellow "countrymen",more than once because of this....ATTITUDE has lot to do with this situation.....

That is not an accurate claim.

http://pewhispanic.org/files/factsheets/20.pdf

A clear majority of Latinos (57%) believe that immigrants have to speak English to be a part of American society while a significant minority (41%) says that they do not. Latino immigrants are slightly more likely (57%) to say that immigrants have to learn English than native-born Latinos (52%). The view that immigrants have to learn English is held by a majority of Latinos regardless of how much money they make or their level of education, according to the 2004 National Survey of Latinos: Politics and Civic Education.

The fact that the majorities are not comprised of higher percentages is likely related to the fact that immigrants do not believe that they will remain in the U.S. permanently, and do not believe that fluency in English is required to perform manual labor or other work in the informal economy. By contrast, 92% of the Hispanic population believes that it's important for children of immigrants to learn English (so that they can assimilate into higher classes than their parents), while only 87% of whites and 83% of blacks believe the same.

you can show me all the little articles you want Agna.....but you see,i live in the middle of much of this,my neighborhood is 90% Hispanic,and that is a conservative estimate,so when a person writes an article saying that most illegals want to learn English,and become a part of America,i just look around me and see a good deal of people,who for all practical purposes still think they are in Mexico,i have to wonder,where is this place this person was writing about.....cause it sure as hell aint where i am at....see Agna unlike you i dont believe in "POLLS" or articles written by the pro and con people,i look at something called..... REALITY.....your problem Agna is you BELIEVE every dam thing you read,ESPECIALLY if it fits into your view...... this little tidbit is an example of what i mean......

By contrast, 92% of the Hispanic population believes that it's important for children of immigrants to learn English (so that they can assimilate into higher classes than their parents), while only 87% of whites and 83% of blacks believe the same.

what a crock of shit.....i dont believe i have ever run into an American Born individual who has said it is not important for the Immigrants kids to learn English.....especially with whats going on in California schools,with the lack of English speakers in the grade schools especially......and you know what Agna...the Hispanics here from Mexico,might say they believe their kids should learn English,but then WHY do i see so friggin many of their parents,WHO CAN SPEAK ENGLISH decently enough,cause i have heard them speak it,WHY do they talk to their kids OUTSIDE the home in SPANISH?......

you can show me all the little articles you want Agna.....but you see,i live in the middle of much of this,my neighborhood is 90% Hispanic,and that is a conservative estimate,so when a person writes an article saying that most illegals want to learn English,and become a part of America,i just look around me and see a good deal of people,who for all practical purposes still think they are in Mexico,i have to wonder,where is this place this person was writing about.....cause it sure as hell aint where i am at....see Agna unlike you i dont believe in "POLLS" or articles written by the pro and con people,i look at something called..... REALITY.....your problem Agna is you BELIEVE every dam thing you read,ESPECIALLY if it fits into your view...... this little tidbit is an example of what i mean......

Your little anecdotal evidence really doesn't amount to a pile of manure. I could claim the exact same opposite on the grounds the my neighborhood probably has an even higher demographic of "Hispanics," and what would that prove? Nothing. You obviously have a hatred of empirical evidence, which is why you're determined to ignore the study.

what a crock of shit.....i dont believe i have ever run into an American Born individual who has said it is not important for the Immigrants kids to learn English

Is that right? I thought those horrible libs were all for amnesty and reconquista? I guess that position's abandoned at your convenience, eh?

.....especially with whats going on in California schools,with the lack of English speakers in the grade schools especially

Post documentation and evidence that indicates that this is the case.

......and you know what Agna...the Hispanics here from Mexico,might say they believe their kids should learn English,but then WHY do i see so friggin many of their parents,WHO CAN SPEAK ENGLISH decently enough,cause i have heard them speak it,WHY do they talk to their kids OUTSIDE the home in SPANISH?......

Why do you think? It's more easy to communicate that way, and there's nothing wrong with being bilingual. Well...except for those with an irrational hatred of other cultures and customs. Regardless, assimilation concerns are largely comprised of puffs of smoke.

Your little anecdotal evidence really doesn't amount to a pile of manure. I could claim the exact same opposite on the grounds the my neighborhood probably has an even higher demographic of "Hispanics," and what would that prove? Nothing. You obviously have a hatred of empirical evidence, which is why you're determined to ignore the study.

what a crock of shit.....i dont believe i have ever run into an American Born individual who has said it is not important for the Immigrants kids to learn English

Is that right? I thought those horrible libs were all for amnesty and reconquista? I guess that position's abandoned at your convenience, eh?

.....especially with whats going on in California schools,with the lack of English speakers in the grade schools especially

Post documentation and evidence that indicates that this is the case.

......and you know what Agna...the Hispanics here from Mexico,might say they believe their kids should learn English,but then WHY do i see so friggin many of their parents,WHO CAN SPEAK ENGLISH decently enough,cause i have heard them speak it,WHY do they talk to their kids OUTSIDE the home in SPANISH?......

Why do you think? It's more easy to communicate that way, and there's nothing wrong with being bilingual. Well...except for those with an irrational hatred of other cultures and customs. Regardless, assimilation concerns are largely comprised of puffs of smoke.
Agna....you did not grasp ONE thing i said ,did ya?......because it doesnt jell with what Agna whats to see and here.....and that statement about "reconquista?.....WTF does that have to do with this?.....ill tell you, NOTHING....piss poor comeback....and as for posting the problems the schools are having with the language problems,look at the news once in a while....but of course that dont fit into little Agna's world view....and your last statement is the one that sums up this for me......

Agna....
"Why do you think? It's more easy to communicate that way, and there's nothing wrong with being bilingual. Well...except for those with an irrational hatred of other cultures and customs. Regardless, assimilation concerns are largely comprised of puffs of smoke."

your right theres nothing wrong with being bilingual......but when the little tykes are ready to start school,and mommy and daddy both know English,BUT yet converse to the little ones in Spanish all the time,and the kids dont know English,then there is a problem Agna,and if you dont see that,then you are obviously one of the people i am speaking about.....quit being an apologist for these people Agna,you are not doing them any favors,i know Mexicans who are harder on these people to assimilate,then many non-Mexicans......but the difference here is.....THEY know that they are no longer in Mexico.....DO YOU?

Last edited:
Same thing happened with Tyson Chicken. They were raided last year or the year before and the next day there was a line around the block of AMERICANS that wanted to do the work.

So Republicans can blame the bleeding heart liberals all they want. If it weren't for illegal employers, they would all go home.

And then Republicans want to suggest that these small business owners aren't all Republicans.

Ok, sure, Joe the Plumber.

Same thing happened with Tyson Chicken. They were raided last year or the year before and the next day there was a line around the block of AMERICANS that wanted to do the work.

So Republicans can blame the bleeding heart liberals all they want. If it weren't for illegal employers, they would all go home.

And then Republicans want to suggest that these small business owners aren't all Republicans.

Ok, sure, Joe the Plumber.

the people who lean to the right have been saying all along that before all this immigration shit exploded,that it was AMERICANS who did all these jobs.....and many left leaners also were saying this.....and all those small businesses are not all owned by repubs....and for you to even suggest that they are Bobo tells me,that all the posters here that call you a MORON.....they just may be right.....

Forum List

Back